Re: Holy S#!T...It's an Audi R8!!!!

Discussion in '2002 Cadillac LMP-02' started by Joego, Aug 9, 2002.

1. I got a queation why do they call it a V8 when its a 180 degree v?

2. i dont think that i look like an R8 at all. i think it looks like a painted Toyota GT1<!-- Signature -->

3. obviously you didn't know that the first Cadillac LMP came out before the Audi R8. And all LMP cars look very similar. So i'm assuming that you don't know much about LMP cars at all.<!-- Signature -->

4. well the caddi came out first but who was faster? yup thought so.

so u r saying the audi copied the caddi then the audi was faster than caddi copied there own design because it was faster and brought out this car? man that is brilliant.

face it, it is a copy of the R8 i thought the same thing the first time i saw it.

5. Just to answer your question (WRXSti) about what category the Caddy will race in, the weight listed on the page is 900kg, which means LMP900. Plus the restriction on LMP675 is a 3.4 litre V6, so no way a 4.0 litre twin turbo V8 will be allowed even if they could make weight.<!-- Signature -->

6. Or not, this is not an Audi. It may have some of the same appearance qualities, but most cars look like this. Look at the freakin engine, 180 degrees Northstar V8, you will never see a Northstar in an Audi. I can see where you are coming from, but please don't compare this car to an R8. Cya in my rear view

7. 4 CLUTCHES?! wow....shifting is really gonna be direct!

8. Why be so miltant about it WRX? Even if they took a few cues from the Audi it will just make the LMP900 a more exciting series, and put 3 contenders on the table instead of the big 2.<!-- Signature -->

9. #9 A4Eric, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Just to clear up some confusion, Cadillac has never run an LMP675 car in ALMS. 2001 was the first year of the LMP675 class, and Cadillac was not a competitor in that class. LMP675 mostly consisted of Reynard, Lola, and MG chassis. The Cadillacs that have been running for the last few years (LMP-01) have always been in the top class, it began as just LMP, then it became LMP900 when LMP675 was added. To find out more about the original Cadillac design just look it up on this page. To find out more about the ALMS series go to http://alms.americanlemans.com.

<!-- Signature -->

10. Think about it this way, to utilize the "front diffuser" concept, started by the Toyota GT-One and and the BMW V12 LMR, the only way to make it work is to have the foot box raised. Hence the raised nose on the front so that the diffuser can be fitted under it. And then because of the front diffuser, the older design(like the old Caddy and the R&S MK III)'s front mounted radiator would not have been possible any more, so the radiator are now located in the side pod, hence the radiator intake behind the fender on the side of the cockpit. And also because of the front diffuser, the extraction of the air running through it is vitally important, hence the extration "gill" on the side.

This is the basic shape of all LMP that'll be built in the future, with variation between manufacturer, but the basic will be like this. Other than Panoz with their front engine of course. Even the new 675 MG Lola has a similar layout.

On this Caddy itself, a lot of cues are actually reminescent of the R&S built LMP car, especially how the profile is shape with the cutline extended all the way to the rear fender, and it has kept the low wing design of the R&S car, unlike the Audi who runs a high rear wing. And just to point out the obivious, the driver's seat is located at the traditional Le Mans type right side, not left like the Audi.....<!-- Signature -->

11. all i can say is
    its one small step for supercars but one giant leap for cadillac<!-- Signature -->

12. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Phunk</i>
    <b>well the caddi came out first but who was faster? yup thought so.

so u r saying the audi copied the caddi then the audi was faster than caddi copied there own design because it was faster and brought out this car? man that is brilliant.

face it, it is a copy of the R8 i thought the same thing the first time i saw it.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I have never seen a m5 race in the ALMS. You may watch the series, but with all the mistakes you said about it, you dont pay attention to the cars.

13. OK. We've all gotten off the topic a little here but the original question remains, DOES THE CADDY LOOK LIKE AN AUDI OR NOT? Personally i think the all new Caddy looks like a cross between a MG LMP675 and Toyota GT1 (LMP900) The motor is a twin turbo V8 and the MG has a 4.2 liter twin turbo 6 (i think) But who made the new Caddy? Ridley and Scott, and they made it over in england too and not in the USA. By the ways i'm an aussie so i don't give about england or america! And watch out boys, an HSV 350Kw All Wheel Drive Monaro may be on it's way and i'd say us aussies are moving into Ferrari and Porsche territory! <!-- Signature -->

14. I take it you haven't seen the Bentley LMP which is a modified form of an audi closed cockpit design. There are only a few designs that work well in these races so they went with what works. Either way Le Mans will be great to watch this year again.

15. Has anyone seen the numbers for 0-60 and 0-100 posted anywhere for the new cars in LMP900? Just wondered.<!-- Signature -->

16. First MG had a single tubro inline four in their prototype. Second it has a 180 degree crankshaft, not v-angle. It has a 90 degree v-angle.<!-- Signature -->

17. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from WRXSti</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Young Lion</i>
    <b>OK. We've all gotten off the topic a little here but the original question remains, DOES THE CADDY LOOK LIKE AN AUDI OR NOT? Personally i think the all new Caddy looks like a cross between a MG LMP675 and Toyota GT1 (LMP900) The motor is a twin turbo V8 and the MG has a 4.2 liter twin turbo 6 (i think) But who made the new Caddy? Ridley and Scott, and they made it over in england too and not in the USA. By the ways i'm an aussie so i don't give about england or america! And watch out boys, an HSV 350Kw All Wheel Drive Monaro may be on it's way and i'd say us aussies are moving into Ferrari and Porsche territory! </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    With what? A HOLDEN??? LMAO...Same GM Shite, different pile.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    huh...??? Holden is moving into Ferrari and Porsche territory?? What the hell are you talkinga bout? Ferrari, Porsche and Lambos are like..the king of road. Holden is just a fugging family muscle car company.<!-- Signature -->

18. this car doesn't have 180 degree egine its typo go to there website for better info, just thought I'd say that.<!-- Signature -->

19. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from WRXSti</i>
    <b>Look at this...the nose of the car is designed the same way...the rear engine cover...Even the headlights look the same!! Cadillac realizes who the best is, they've done nothing more than try to carbon copy an R8!!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

just really look into it....... audi sucks...... this doesnt o wow i solved it for u

20. You can call it an R8 at the rear, but it looks more like the MG at the front

21. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from WRXSti</i>
    <b>Look at this...the nose of the car is designed the same way...the rear engine cover...Even the headlights look the same!! Cadillac realizes who the best is, they've done nothing more than try to carbon copy an R8!!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Check out these pictures, I think you'll notice some differences. With the picture of the R8 behind the LMP2, you can see that though the are similar in design, the styling is very different. The R8 uses a lot more curves, the 'nose' is rounder and broadens more, the headlights are side by side rather than stacked, and the LMP has a much lower spoiler. In the aft shots, you can see the difference in location of tail lights, style of tail lights, and spoiler attachment. I wasn't able to get any decent pictures of the side, but the lines of the side on the LMP2 are not as exagerated as those of the R8.<!-- Signature -->

22. i have the same pics

23. ..um...your a friggen idiot...this is not anything near an R8...First lets start with the front..the nose is shorter and has a different airflow path..next the wing is pretty much dragging on the ground the idoits who designed this must have been stoned..they say its designed for max downforce and airflow...if so than why does the much better designed r8 go faster win more races and o yes not break down..lets see how many races hass the caddilac won...right none zero zilch..and the r8..well the r8 has won sebring 3 years in a row..and lemans 3years in a row...and also won races like laguna seca and mosport..so my advice to caddilac is to ditch the racing program cause you guys really i mean really suck...and o yes i think you know what im about to say...here it comes... American cars Suck!

P.W.H.A.C
    (people.who.hate.american.cars)<!-- Signature -->

24. What the hell you talking about, CADILLAC did not finish the race!

And the Corvette now has made this their second win in a row at lemans, this time taking both first and second place!

25. say good bye to the caddis ( the only people who stood a chance cause there leaving