Re: How high can you tune an NSX up to?

Discussion in '2002 Honda NSX Coupe' started by AutoTalk, Aug 9, 2002.

1. NSX can sure be boosted over 500 HP! there was one I think 560 HP!

2. How high can you tune an NSX up to?

I was wondering if I could get some help here. Does anyone know the max limit (if any) to the NSX? I've heard that it can't breach 500 HP as is the case with the Comptech NSX being less than that.

When I was playing Gran Turismo 2 once, I found a car labelled the Takata NSX and it had something slighly over 600 HP. Is it a real car or was it embellished a lot?

3. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from nsxcomptech</i>
    <b>What NSX was this and where did you see it or hear about it?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    One NSX owner by the name of Dave Bernert. His Silver '98 (C32B 3.2liter) was Turbocharged to 510RWHP (approx. 585BHP) and the Block was reinforced for durability. He sent me pics of his baby after my posts of the same question on NSXSC.com. I believe the guy lives in the Lone Star State.

4. What happens if you bored out the engine AND add a blower?<!-- Signature -->

5. What NSX was this and where did you see it or hear about it?

6. I'm just saying, what if...?<!-- Signature -->

7. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from nsxcomptech</i>
    <b>What NSX was this and where did you see it or hear about it?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    One NSX owner by the name of Dave Bernert. His Silver '98 (C32B 3.2liter) was Turbocharged to 510RWHP (approx. 585BHP) and the Block was reinforced for durability. He sent me pics of his baby after my posts of the same question on NSXSC.com. I believe the guy lives in the Lone Star State.

8. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Chii</i>
    <b>I'm just saying, what if...?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    Maybe you'd get a 1000+BHP NSX !! But it probably only last you 5,000 miles b4 the engine block goes to crap. Which is the same with ALL other engine blocks, Domestic, Jap, Euro, all the same. That's why it's not so practical for anyone to mod up any engine to put out that much HP, besides impossible driveability on the road track or even the streets. Heck, I can't imagine driving a 510RWHP NSX on a daily basis! The pwr./wt. ratio is higher than the new 500BHP (~440RWHP)2003 Viper, not just in HP rating but in the weight too. NSX is waayyy lighter than the beastly Viper.

9. Looking to tune your NSX to the max? Call up NASA and buy a Nitro burning rocket engine and prepare to spend your life savings.
    Point: You can make a car do anything you want, just prepare to spend money and lots of time in the garage.

10. NSXs can be tuned over 500hp. Wheather or not that can be done conventially or practically I dont know. As for that NSX on Gran Turismo 2, was it a racing model? If so, then it was probaly a JGTC race car, and on GT2 they gave most of the race cars (especially the JGTC) significantly more power than they really had to increase the competition between cars from different racing leagues.

11. Thanks for the info Vette. Also, yeah the NSX in the game was a racing modified car so you're probably right. I had no idea that the game altered cars especially when it claimed that everything was accurately modeled according to real life specs.

Also, what NSX's have you heard or seen of that go past 500 HP?

12. To tell you the truth, I really cant remember wheather or not Ive seen one over 500hp for sure. I thought I did, but now that Ive been searching there dont seem to be any far over 400hp which makes me wonder. Even the races arent at 500hp.

13. All the NSX JGTC GT500's (Takata, Mobil 1, Mugen Castrol...etc.) are over 500ps. And there's cars over 500hp, with turbos,with Superchargers, NA tuned, etc... but most of them survives in Japan, NSX parts are hard to find out side of Japan, so, if ppl outside of Japan can do 500hps, then, in Japan, it's not surprising to see many over 500hp.<!-- Signature -->

14. You said most of them survive in Japan. So do any make it here?

15. People in Japan tunes them because there's a lot of parts for NSX that they could find. But in other places, it's much harder to find the parts nessasary. You have to ship order them mostly to get the best parts. <!-- Signature -->

16. Right, but you still didn't address my question. Do any of them make it here and if so, where are they? If you know, that would be greatly appreciated.

17. well, they are in many places, but the most popular I think is in Calaforia... something... Science of Speed...
    Though might not be as good as the Japanese ex: Rapid, Dome, Top End etc...
    1) Science Of Speed
    2) Top End<!-- Signature -->

18. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from FD3STTurbo21</i>
    <b>Looking to tune your NSX to the max? Call up NASA and buy a Nitro burning rocket engine and prepare to spend your life savings.
    Point: You can make a car do anything you want, just prepare to spend money and lots of time in the garage.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    I agree. The guys that has the 510RWHP TC NSX probably spent some time tinkering with the engine, or someone did the dirty work for him. Oh yeah, just yesterday some NSX'ers had his NSX jacked up to 585RWHP with pretty much the same setup!! He's gonna meet with local NSX'ers here at Calabasas (so. cal) to discuss his upgrades with fellow NSX'ers and show it off. I'm not in the club because I can't find the tme to attend these meetings and events, but I'd like to go see this puppy in person, it'd be verrryyy interesting.....

FYI: Honda used to make turbocharged 1.5 liter V-6's back in 1965 (I believe) for Formula 1 that produced an astounding 1200HP (!!) in qualifying trim. Since $$ is no object in F-1 (well, almost not), it is possible and was done with 60's technology (gotta love Honda's engineering know-how), but such HP does have its disadvantages and definitely not practical nor tidly-packed for street cars such as the NSX. The only reason why Honda didn't go with larger displacing engines for F-1 was because of the game's strict engine rules that, at the time, were regulated at 1.5 liter max per cylinder.

But don't think that ANY engine can be made to go at 1000HP. That's not always possible.