Re: How Quick is an F1 car ?

Discussion in '2001 Ferrari F2001' started by PbSnipa, Aug 9, 2002.

1. How Quick is an F1 car ?

What is it 0.60 what 2-3 seconds 0-100 4-5 secs
    0-150? 0-200? what g's can an f1 pull?

By the way.... Shumacher for 2002 season? whaddya reckon
    I reckon he can do it again ...no sweat

and about the look of this Ferrari F1. Did it look better with the Nose up or down ? ...I reckon it looks pretty slick with the nose down ..more streamlined probably?

Whats the best looking car in F1?
    they all look pretty cool with all those decals and shit.

Hope im not boring u its just that theres not much discussion here so I thought it fire it up a bit.... So Make a comment or something !!!

2. 0-100 1.8sec
    0-200 4 sec
    0-300 around 8 sec

3. wow thats quick 3000gt guy where did you hear an F1 car did 300miles an hour.... Im not sure thats possible ..though by the time 8 seconds it sounds like your thinking of schumacher the dragster guy...
    your 0-60 and 0-100 times I believe. cheers for those.

someone reply to my other questions... say something..you only live once

4. I really don't know the times, but i know that from 0 to 100 KM/h is les than 3 seconds, but remember that is kinda limited by the traction.
    How many G's can pull, that is easy, this guys encounter 5.6 G's only braking, you can guess how much the suffer, but i don't think they pass the 6 G's barrier because that would knock them unconscious.
    By the way this cars can pass the 400 KM/h barrier, but the tracks doesn't allow this. So they find averages speeds of 280 Km/H on the races, these cars cannot be compare to an everyday sport cars or even to supercars because they are way over, you can calculate, they have more than 800 HP and they weigh only 600 Kg with driver and full tank.
    I hope i help in something. and i love your site, congrats.

5. 0-100-0(kmh) in 4.2 seconds pulling upward of 5g under braking.
    The cars could comfortably go 400kmh if the tracks allowed. The engines generate over 800hp and redline at about 17000rpm. The drag and downforce also stops them from going that fast. The downforce is so great that if a tunnel were long enough the cars could drive upside down on the roof of the tunnel due to the downforce.

6. they r really fast, and they could go over 400K/MH depending on their gear ratios<!-- Signature -->

7. on speed vision they did a test with the 2000 Jordan F1 car. They clocked a 0-100-0 time of about 7 seconds. But it depends on how they set up the car.

8. at the one of the gps they gave the clk600 a minute start around the track and the f1 car, driven by DC, beat it by 20 secs!!!!!, that is an i dea of how fast they really r, and these r some of the specs:
    0-60mph.....1.8secs
    0-100mph....4.0secs
    0-150mph....9.8secs
    0-200mph....12.2secs
    0-250mph....20.1secs
    hope i could help, lol<!-- Signature -->

9. #10 macounfan, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
  10. Around 5-6Gs on braking, and 3Gs laterally around a bend.
    A standard Ferrari Modena or Dodge Viper can pull 1 to 1.1Gs laterally. A Go-Kart between 1.5 to 2Gs depending on the class.
    3Gs.....That's amazing!

An F1 car is fast.....faster than any car on the road/track.
    But did you know that Standard Street Superbikes can give them a run for their money. A properly set up R1, Fireblade, GSX-R can keep up with the F1 all the way through up to about 280km/h! Only drag cars can go faster....
    And these bikes can handle themselves around a track too!
    Pity they can't do the 3Gs!

11. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from dlye</i>
    <b>Around 5-6Gs on braking, and 3Gs laterally around a bend.
    A standard Ferrari Modena or Dodge Viper can pull 1 to 1.1Gs laterally. A Go-Kart between 1.5 to 2Gs depending on the class.
    3Gs.....That's amazing!

An F1 car is fast.....faster than any car on the road/track.
    But did you know that Standard Street Superbikes can give them a run for their money. A properly set up R1, Fireblade, GSX-R can keep up with the F1 all the way through up to about 280km/h! Only drag cars can go faster....
    And these bikes can handle themselves around a track too!
    Pity they can't do the 3Gs!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I knew bikes were quick. but not that quick. Go Karts 2gs cornering, WOW! didn't know that either...

Bikes are quick !!! sheesh !!!!<!-- Signature -->

12. THEY DO NOT KNOW THE TOP SPEED TOP SPEED OF THE F1 CARS. THE TRACKS ARE DESIGNED SO THE DRIVERS DONT GO YO FAST. AND BY THE WAY THE DOWNFORCE THOSE NOT LET THE CAR GO ITS FULL SPEED THEY HAVE TO ADJUST THE DOWNFORCE. I HOPE I GAVE SOME GOOD INFORMATION!

13. App. 0-100kmh 2.5s
    0-200kmh 4.9s
    0-300kmh 10-11s: it depends by gear ratio and wings...

Look at f50's forum...

14. average is 0mph to 60 mph back to 0mph in a little under 4 seconds

15. thats insane imagine driving one of these...hmmm red coffin

16. If a car can drive upside down in a tunnel, wouldn't it be because of "UP-force" rather than downforce???

something to think about...

17. The track at which they had a Roadcar vs the f1 was at Albert Park. It was infact a 3 way race between a Merc (can't remember the model), a v8 supercar and the 2000 Maclaren F1 car.

18. 4g is the max, occuring only when breaking from 200+ mph with enough grip and drag.

The comparison race was between a Mercedes A 160, one Mercedes E 500 and the 1997 McLaren-Mercedes. It was around one lap in SILVERSTONE. The A-class started first, 15 seconds later the E-class and one minute after that the F1. The E-class needed a full lap to catch up to the A-class, the F1-car got them in the large last curve, but since they blocked the ideal-line Coulthard had to wait til the finish-straight to easily pass them.

19. F1 vs car comparisons have been conducted many times. So, whoever mentioned Albert Park is right and whoever mentioned Silverstone is right too.

Also, I've seen (on tv, that is) a comparison b/w a RED Fiesta or something, versus a RED 550 Maranello, versus a RED Ferrari F1. Now that was a cool comparison given the color and the calibre of the competition - the 550!

20. This car is fast but it is not road leagall so I don't care about it.<!-- Signature -->

21. First of all....These cars only have a top speed of about 240..They can reach nowhere NEAR 300mph. Somone doesnt know what they are takling about. And by the way, an Indy car would mess these cars up neday.

22. THIS CAR RULES

23. Hey "PbSnipa"

what do you think of this varient of that car i did ages ago

24. There are a few bikes that Can actully tail some F-1's Such as the 400hp Y2K Bike and the Honda BlackBird 0-180 in 8.9 seconds but i dont think this thing could ever be tamed enough to go around a track
    And BTW the Blackbird ISnt like the Big ass Drag Bikes you see With a car tire on back it actully has normal Bike tires and a Shortely Extended Frame Im not blowing Smoke in your ass this was in a SuperBike Mag they did a 1/4 mile test on both of them i cant find the book i forgot the test resaults all i can remember is the 0-180 on the blackbird.