Re: I could be getting one....................

Discussion in '1981 DeLorean DMC-12' started by firestarter, Aug 10, 2002.

1. the gearbox is a little loose though<!-- Signature -->

2. I could be getting one....................

I saw one at a local carshow last weekend-and it was for sale, so I'm now contemplating selling my '68 El Camino Malibu for it. If the price is right, and no one got it first - That 81 DMC-12 is MINE

3. how much is the dmc and what is the transmission?<!-- Signature -->

4. selling a piece of shit to get a piece of shit, lol

5. dude, if you dont like the delorean, why the **** are you here???<!-- Signature -->

6. yes it sucks but i had one japangt4a so i got an idea,take your comments somewhere else take it to the import forum.
    <!-- Signature -->

7. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Delorean DMC-12 Rocks</i>
    <b>dude, if you dont like the delorean, why the **** are you here???</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->How com your profanity does not get block and mine does? I say #$%# and it will get block<!-- Signature -->

8. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Japan4GTA</i>
    <b>selling a piece of shit to get a piece of shit, lol</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->I like to see your pice of shit.<!-- Signature -->

9. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from RLQ</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Delorean DMC-12 Rocks</i>
    <b>dude, if you dont like the delorean, why the **** are you here???</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->How com your profanity does not get block and mine does? I say #$%# and it will get block</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->because i love this car and it loves me back!!!<!-- Signature -->

10. This thread can be closed

I didn't buy the car (too damn expensive at $26,000)

11. And one more thing:

If my car and DMC-12's are Pieces of shit, WTF do you reccomend then?

12. its made of steel isn't it? or has steel panels?

***** if you have an accident

13. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 1q2w3e</i>
    <b>its made of steel isn't it? or has steel panels?

***** if you have an accident</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->yeah, the panels, and it has a bad atitude to accidents.<!-- Signature -->

14. Yeah, that is pretty expensive, but definitely when you try to find one, get a 5spd instead of an auto. I read this quote somewhere though: "What's the difference between a $15,000 Delorean and a $20,000 delorean? Approximately $10,000.00". Meaning alot of times you get what you pay for, but you can find DMC's in GREAT shape for around 15k. Buyer beware, have your frame inspected, because although the body is Stainless Steel, most of the cars now are experiencing frame rot. Get some POR15 and coat your frame! <!-- Signature -->

15. nice signature! very original!<!-- Signature -->

16. Thanks! Thats what i tell everyone when my friend lets me take the car to car shows. I think its cool to be associated with the movie, but there is absolutely nothing Back To The Future on the car! <!-- Signature -->

17. yeah, when you take the time machine off, all you have is a delorean with out rear louvers, a ford V8, and no rear windows on the sides(why not call it a maserati merak with stainless steel and better looks!).<!-- Signature -->

18. i own one of theese cars. if any of you are getting one/have one, my tip is to keep driving it every once in a while, i have had mine in storage for about 3 years now and it doesnt run anymore. i just had the ac fixed which feels pretty good considering it gets pretty hot with the car being stainless steel ;) i love the car and it is nice lookin (my words dont have to agree with me)

19. Another problem: there ain't too many around where I live.

Someone also mentioned 5 speed manual.....I can't stand stick.

However, I do plan to see the day when I......LIVE THE DREAM<!-- Signature -->

20. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from pyro420</i>
    <b>i own one of theese cars. if any of you are getting one/have one, my tip is to keep driving it every once in a while, i have had mine in storage for about 3 years now and it doesnt run anymore. i just had the ac fixed which feels pretty good considering it gets pretty hot with the car being stainless steel ;) i love the car and it is nice lookin (my words dont have to agree with me)</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->can i have it if you dont want it? is it a 5 speedn with gray interior?<!-- Signature -->

21. I have a stick which is not that hard to master. I have never driven a auto so i dont know the diff.

And yes the car gets very hot inside. I had my A/C off for smooth running and i now get the idea how bad it must be driving in a 24 hour race.

22. well yeah! standard leather tends to heat up, small windows dont help. is the interior black? that has alot to do with it too. i noticed an up close view of the shifter, and is the reverse gear on the left(instaed of under 5th gear)? if thats the case, itll be hard for me to get used to.<!-- Signature -->

23. sorry to be goin off topic here... but i clicked on the link to that DMC news website and i was watchin the videos. itz pretty cool how DeLorean are makin a super car and a affordable sports car. is there any ideas or speculation on when we will see them. itz said itz like 85% done. any info will help. sorry to go off like this. thanks for any help!<!-- Signature -->

24. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Delorean DMC-12 Rocks</i>
    <b>well yeah! standard leather tends to heat up, small windows dont help. is the interior black? that has alot to do with it too. i noticed an up close view of the shifter, and is the reverse gear on the left(instaed of under 5th gear)? if thats the case, itll be hard for me to get used to.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Yeah my interior is black but the good thing is that with black the dash tends to last longer in the sun compared to grey. Yes the reverse gear is on the left. But its not that hard to get used to. What you do is lift the shifter and slide it in what feels like 2nd. It took me like 3 times to get it right and you will begin to feel when its in. Now its easy for me

25. hmmm, that takes the problem of down shifting to second! cool! its like a VW bug(push down and down to second).<!-- Signature -->