Re: I don't see a purpose of quad turbo and 1001 horsepowers

Discussion in '2002 Bugatti 16/4 Veyron Preproduction' started by GTO66, Aug 9, 2002.

1. I see the purpose of this, imagine racing this as a Le Mans car. if they can supe it up, the Le Mans world would be dominated...

2. How is 125 hp/liter crap? Really? Can't get traction? Did you even see how wide those tires are? How about the fact that it's all-wheel-drive?

3. some people just have no idea what they are talking about (quad turbos a waste-only on a small engine ie less than 8 cylinders<!-- Signature -->

4. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from dale771</i>
    <b>i agree, i think that this would be an animal if it where only two wheel drive(power loss) and i think the reason that the 0-60 is so slow is because of the turbo lag. in my opinion, they should have used two of those turbos for low end power and vice versa for the top end (like a conventional sequential turbo system) this would have made for the best acceleration and top end coupled with a really steap first gear (like 0-40 or less)</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

With four turbos, there should be practically no lag whatsoever. Even with them running in parallel. Turbos that small (take a look at the picture of the engine) will spool up really quick. Besides, with this engine's size and compression ratio (9.0:1, which isn't on the site), even off boost this engine should be producing some great torque numbers.

The "slow" 0-60 is just an estimate so far. We'll have to wait and see what it will do for sure once it's in production and has been tested by the car magazines. Some possibilities for the "slow" 0-60 estimate could be the gearing required to reach the estimate top speed and the weight of the car. I have no idea how much it weighs, but I wouldn't be surprised if it weighs in the neighborhood of 3900 lb (as did the Bugatti EB110).

5. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Ferrari_Nut</i>
    <b>I only have one complaint about that sort of power. Personally, I love the car. ****, i'd be the first in line if i had that sort of money. It's just I hope Bugatti aren't irresponsible enough to release a 1000hp car to anyone who can afford it. 1000hp is some SERIOUS GRUNT. And having deep pockets doesnt guarentee you can drive.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --> f**k them its there death wish let them have there coffin at least they'll die with a smile on their face!<!-- Signature -->

6. They would never allow it to race at LeMan beacuase of the strict restrictions on engine size, turbo charged only allowed 4.0 litres. Besides, even if it was the R8's would smoke it.

7. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Factory81</i>
    <b>ok, this car is retarded god damnit. It don't matter if you have 5000 hp, if you dont #$%#ing have the tration for that 5000hp it wont mean jack shit you stupid ass newb. you can only have so much torque/hp on a car before you can get no more traction. stupid car, and it's too expensive. Also look at the hp per litre that is SHIT, 16 cylinders what a Piece Of Garbage. And don't try and talk shit to me, you know im right, i aint just sayin this cuz its a bugatti.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Dude.. this car has 4 wheel drive and tires that when deflated are safe at up to speeds of 80 mph. So I think when inflated, It can handle 250 mph.<!-- Signature -->

8. i love watching newbies fight. its just funny<!-- Signature -->

9. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Vladi000</i>
    <b>I am almost 99% sure that this car was built just so VW could show the potential of their new engine and say "Hey we have a car that has 1001 HP and quad turbo", I think that's the whole purpose of the car. Besides I am also sure that car will use only about 700 HP of those 1001 and one thing that seems totally unrealistic are those turbos!! Why do you need four turbos when you can tune engine to be powerful with twin turbo only. Those extra 2 turbos just add more weight to the car that affects handling.
    I don't know the performance of this car, but if we can believe the statistics that everybody is saying about 0-60 time, than it's nothing spectacular for a car with 1001 and quad turbo. That shows that car doesn't use whole power, 0-60 in 3 sec or even if it's less than 3 sec doesn't match the power output of the car. Maybe we will have to wait for a 100mph or 150mph test to see how many horses this car actually use.
    Just to remind you that good tuned twin turbo cars could be an antidote for this car, like Venom 800TT (0-60=2.4) and the newest Lingenfelter Corvette (0-60=1.97)</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Out of my sight!!!<!-- Signature -->

10. I hate eing a N00b
    It makes me look stupid...how many posts do I have now? 3 i think
    Ill be a smart n00b who keeps his mouth shut.
    I shal not talk $hit about $hit I know very little about.
    I wanna see someone tune this car though.

11. I don't see a purpose of quad turbo and 1001 horsepowers

I am almost 99% sure that this car was built just so VW could show the potential of their new engine and say "Hey we have a car that has 1001 HP and quad turbo", I think that's the whole purpose of the car. Besides I am also sure that car will use only about 700 HP of those 1001 and one thing that seems totally unrealistic are those turbos!! Why do you need four turbos when you can tune engine to be powerful with twin turbo only. Those extra 2 turbos just add more weight to the car that affects handling.
    I don't know the performance of this car, but if we can believe the statistics that everybody is saying about 0-60 time, than it's nothing spectacular for a car with 1001 and quad turbo. That shows that car doesn't use whole power, 0-60 in 3 sec or even if it's less than 3 sec doesn't match the power output of the car. Maybe we will have to wait for a 100mph or 150mph test to see how many horses this car actually use.
    Just to remind you that good tuned twin turbo cars could be an antidote for this car, like Venom 800TT (0-60=2.4) and the newest Lingenfelter Corvette (0-60=1.97)

12. i agree, i think that this would be an animal if it where only two wheel drive(power loss) and i think the reason that the 0-60 is so slow is because of the turbo lag. in my opinion, they should have used two of those turbos for low end power and vice versa for the top end (like a conventional sequential turbo system) this would have made for the best acceleration and top end coupled with a really steap first gear (like 0-40 or less)

13. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Vladi000</i>
    <b>I am almost 99% sure that this car was built just so VW could show the potential of their new engine and say "Hey we have a car that has 1001 HP and quad turbo", I think that's the whole purpose of the car. Besides I am also sure that car will use only about 700 HP of those 1001 and one thing that seems totally unrealistic are those turbos!! Why do you need four turbos when you can tune engine to be powerful with twin turbo only. Those extra 2 turbos just add more weight to the car that affects handling.
    Just to remind you that good tuned twin turbo cars could be an antidote for this car, like Venom 800TT (0-60=2.4) and the newest Lingenfelter Corvette (0-60=1.97)</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

the 800tt didn't do 2.4 it did 2.8, the 2.4 is with slicks, that car is shit, I hate it, when will americans (most) get it, YOU ARE CHEATING CHEATING CHEATING. If you slap on slicks to this car, do you have any idea what is going to happen, I'll tell you, It will fly off like a rocket!!!!!!!!!<!-- Signature -->

14. ok, this car is retarded god damnit. It don't matter if you have 5000 hp, if you dont #$%#ing have the tration for that 5000hp it wont mean jack shit you stupid ass newb. you can only have so much torque/hp on a car before you can get no more traction. stupid car, and it's too expensive. Also look at the hp per litre that is SHIT, 16 cylinders what a Piece Of Garbage. And don't try and talk shit to me, you know im right, i aint just sayin this cuz its a bugatti.

15. I really have nothing against this car, I just think that this car is made so VW could show off it's W engine that's all.
    Still I think that quad is so very very unnecessery.
    And about that "tuning" thing, I don't think that you could even tune this car to do better than it's already is doing, but when I mentioned Venom and Lingenfelger I just wanted to put out that you can get great performance with twin turbo only!!!

16. Purpose iis if you had one, you would know not other many people have one! In other word, awsome bragging rights!

17. This car can do 0-186 MPH in 14 seconds. Thats enough for me.

18. Quad turbo is for 2 main reasons. Firstly, the last Bugatti, the EB 110 had quad turbos, so it's a kinda cool tradition thing. Secondly, each turbo serves one bank of cylinders. See, with a V8 or V10, you can do twin turbo, because each turbo feeds one bank of 4 (or 5) cylinders. So why not do the same here? Each turbo feeding a bank of 4 cylinders. Sounds sane enough to me.
    You also have to realise that this is NOT a stripped out racing car. It is as much a luxury GT as it is a supercar. Don't be at all surprised if this car weighs in at close to 2 tonnes, or maybe even over it. The luxury adds weight, but then with 1001 bhp to play with, you're hardly worried about blunting acceleration times, are you?

19. what the f*** is the matter with you people "too much power!!"
    alright grandmas!!
    look somtimes too much is just right and thats still not enough in most cases.<!-- Signature -->

20. I only have one complaint about that sort of power. Personally, I love the car. ****, i'd be the first in line if i had that sort of money. It's just I hope Bugatti aren't irresponsible enough to release a 1000hp car to anyone who can afford it. 1000hp is some SERIOUS GRUNT. And having deep pockets doesnt guarentee you can drive.

21. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Vladi000</i>
    Just to remind you that good tuned twin turbo cars could be an antidote for this car, like Venom 800TT (0-60=2.4) and the newest Lingenfelter Corvette (0-60=1.97)</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Just like you said "tuned" cars, that's just it, this car is completely stock and no modificatons were done to it so that puts it in a different class, therefore you can't compare a "tuned" Viper or Corvette to this car. Like if you added NOS on this car (which would be something really stupid to do) it will reach in sane speeds and have insane acceleration, but since NOS is gay and will nuke your car no one would do it because it would ruin it.

22. I think the Veyron can go well over 220MPH with only 700-800HP. People don't need that much Hp to drive on the street. Overall the Veyron is a awesome looking car.<!-- Signature -->

23. can i just have $ex with a chick in this car is that so much to ask for

24. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Ferrari_Nut</i>
    <b>I only have one complaint about that sort of power. Personally, I love the car. ****, i'd be the first in line if i had that sort of money. It's just I hope Bugatti aren't irresponsible enough to release a 1000hp car to anyone who can afford it. 1000hp is some SERIOUS GRUNT. And having deep pockets doesnt guarentee you can drive.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->I TOTALLY AGREE! Finally, someone has some sense in these forums!

25. vladi___________
    i agree 100%. i cant see anyone except for the occasional movie star or other high profile celeb buying this car. personally i dont think that this machine has anything in the looks dept. besides the back end, this would be a total waste of R and D money for VW. but i guess the only way one of us would see this car is from behind it. but i would buy a couple ferraris and maybe a porsche or two with the money i would paid for this...<!-- Signature -->