Re: I SMOKED ONE

Discussion in '2000 Ford Mustang Cobra R' started by 350power, Aug 9, 2002.

1. My firebird has a K&N filter, vortech supercharger, cold air induction, 9" ford rear, borla exhaust, ws6 package, traction bars, and has 6-speed manuel trans. Don't talk sh*t about me.<!-- Signature -->

2. Ok lets take your theory of modifying a SS to blow away a Cobra R and apply it to a ZO6 vette. The Vette ZO6 and Cobra R are almost the same in performance and cost, therefore modifying as SS to kill a Z06 is just as easy, so the Z06 is also an embarasment to Chevy when their lower cost, cheaper insurance Camaro can kill it without spending 50 grand for a Z06.

3. Granted, however there is one thing that the Z06 can boast that most cars cannot: When given the same mods becomes one of the fastest street legal cars in the world...ie: the Leignfelter Corvette. Granted they have over priced the Leignfelter considering what you get. With twin turbos you can get 220 mph+ and actually have a suspension to handle it. Of course lets remember that Z06 is also...."how would you say" the SS version of the Corvette. With the standard Corvette being not to a shabby a competator against the Cobra R as it is at a base price of 40,000 which would be justified considering that for the extra 6,000 (over the Camaro SS) you get an awesome (near race ready) suspension with active controllers(only real reason why I would chose it over the Camaro). Little different in that light considering that you cannot get that on any vechical for under 75,000 with the exception of the TCS USUALLY. That is why Corvette runs De Mans and Ford needs to bring back the the GT 40 if they want to again(if they dont screw that up also). However I am not really justifying the price of the Z06, I am only saying that a factory modded Mustang is not worth the 54,000 that is the asking price.<!-- Signature -->

4. your obviously lying man look it all your other posts you can tell your lying 94 formula.....and wow your SS can go straight fast the Cobra R is a complete Track car....In a test by motor trend the Cobra R was better in track times......and any car can be modified to be some of the fastest cars in the world....ford once produced an 850hp 7.8L stang.....

5. I have a firebird formula firehawk, not an SS. Don't talk sh*t about me because of your jelousy of my car. You just hate the fact that a firebird could blow the fake air scoops off a stang. If I wanted my car to handel better than a cobra-R, I could easily have that arranged. When I said I raced one on a track, I meant a 1/4 mile track, dickless. You mustang people just can't stand the fact that it can be easily whooped by GM and DODGE.<!-- Signature -->

6. Alas, may I just go ahead and say Z06...but what are you talking about...all the Cobra R has is a factory modified suspension that can be matched by doing them yourself for much less...come on, I could take a Cobra and make build it to match the Cobra R in every aspect for under 10,000 in mods, and as for the Mustang that you are talking about...I believe I remembering seeing that on Motor Trend...they pitted it against a similar Camaro (however I believe it was more like an 8.3L). The Mustang destroyed a push rod in the 1/4 and began smoking and pulled out of the road course on the second test. If they produce the GT40 concept and manage to keep it in the 45,000 - 55,000 dollar price range then I will be impressed. Otherwise...don't even give me a car that could be confused by the average person for a regular Mustang with a body kit. <!-- Signature -->

7. Hmmm, kid ehhh. Well, lets see...I made a 5.96 sec 0-60 in my 84" vette and that was while it still had the p.o.s. cross fire injection system on it and with just about 45 hp worth of mods on it (250 bhp total). Ohhh whoppy-do a 74" 911...a friend of mine has a 77", and I could have bought an 83" Porshe a few months back for about 6K...only problem...the parts are expensive as hell, got off much cheaper with the vette part wise. Sooo, a 400 hp VW...not to bad...one question...is that crank or wheel? Not to hard to get that out of a VW if it is crank, a friend of mine had a Jetta that he ran...lasted fine until he put to big of a turbo on it and blew the engine. Better find out who you are calling a kid before you make a comment like that.<!-- Signature -->

8. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from BAD ASS AMERICAN CARS</i>
    <b>THATS A SWEET FIREBIRD AND FOR THE STUBBORN FUCKS A CAMARO OR FIREBIRD CAN KILL A COBRA R WITH ABOUT $3500 IN AFTERMARKET PARTS
    LIKE: K&N AIR FILTER MASS AIRFLOW SENSOR BORLA EXHAUST COMPUTER CHIP
    AND A BUNCH OF OTHER STUFF SO PEOPLE DON'T CALL OTHERS LIERS UNLESS YOUR FOR SURE THAT HE NEVER BEAT ONE.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    okj DICk ,I ll call you Fag now, wait no, I mean Ass, I didnt say Firebird Couldnt beat that Cobra R, I said He(the Asshole) made it sound Like 8k is little money, 8 k is alot of money, I dont like saying "beat" , if the car looks good, thats all that matters, now domestics look good, (when fixed up a bit) so lets all have some pie
    (well the asshole cant) and kick Japeneze small dick ass(U know there exhaust, It makes them sound like they have no life, Right)

9. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 94FORMULA</i>
    <b>You're right. Just put a couple thousand in mods and whoop much more expensive cars. save big on the price of the car and save big on car insurance. This Buttstang is a terrible deal. Just another Rustang prettied up to look fast is all a cobra-R is.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    buttstang? how old are u?

10. You know wat, these guys are right, you all could be little kids,, I dont hate companies, I love many cars, Its just if I ever get a small engin(like, 3.6 down)I would never touch the exhaust, because I hate Small engine Exhaust!!!!. Otherwise I dont like Hondas or Acuras, I like Mitsubish a bit, and I LOVE BIMMERS!!!, I love em' , oh and other German cars i like too. The Mustang, looks good, it does if you think about it, I just dont like the long bodies of the camaro, the firebird gets a nice hood, and I dont like corvettes cause there to popular-

11. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from TPANCe 516</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from BAD ASS AMERICAN CARS</i>
    <b>THATS A SWEET FIREBIRD AND FOR THE STUBBORN FUCKS A CAMARO OR FIREBIRD CAN KILL A COBRA R WITH ABOUT $3500 IN AFTERMARKET PARTS
    LIKE: K&N AIR FILTER MASS AIRFLOW SENSOR BORLA EXHAUST COMPUTER CHIP
    AND A BUNCH OF OTHER STUFF SO PEOPLE DON'T CALL OTHERS LIERS UNLESS YOUR FOR SURE THAT HE NEVER BEAT ONE.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    okj DICk ,I ll call you Fag now, wait no, I mean Ass, I didnt say Firebird Couldnt beat that Cobra R, I said He(the Asshole) made it sound Like 8k is little money, 8 k is alot of money, I dont like saying "beat" , if the car looks good, thats all that matters, now domestics look good, (when fixed up a bit) so lets all have some pie
    (well the asshole cant) and kick Japeneze small dick ass(U know there exhaust, It makes them sound like they have no life, Right)</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Your insane! Your calling him immature, the only point i've got out of all your replys is your immature. Now, a Firebird, or a Camero will smoke the Cobra R with a few minor mods! Yous say if the car looks good thats all that matters? What happens when your in a bad ass looking car, and a trans am, or camero pulls up on the side of your so called "Goodlooking" mustang? He is going to put you to shame making you go home and start looking on ebay for parts for your POS mustang!<!-- Signature -->

12. Well Im gonna say two things to the Supra dude

its CAMARO not CAMERO

and Toyotas are SHIT<!-- Signature -->

13. I see camaro misspelled all the time. take it easy. Supras kick ass. Mustangs are SH*T. Get that picture of your redneck truck off of a supercar website. I hate looking at it.

AND FOR EVERYONE WHO SUPPORTED MY COMMENTS, ROCK ON!!!<!-- Signature -->

14. The truth hurts? That's a joke. You guys can say all you want about the so called "puny" 4.6. I guess the 5.4 in the Cobra R is puny too, yet it makes tons more horsepower and torque than those shit 5.7's from GM. Get with it guys, the Corvette isn't all it's cracked up to be. I'm not saying any Mustang is, but I'd rather by a GT, and throw 30-40g's in it, like I have done, and have it tear apart anything that moves. Including the overated ZO6.

15. I just dropped a new (old) 351 Windsor into my 1979 Mercury Capri. It makes 355 horses, and 372 ft/lbs, that's what the dyno says, anyway (284 RWHP). How much does a new LT-1 make? Guess that extra cubic inch makes all the difference, huh?

But maybe I should go buy a $38,000 345-horsepower Corvette, seeing as how I spent $850 on my friend's 355-horse Windsor. What a ripoff!!

16. First of all browndoggie what is your point? You make no sense. 405 is the corvette's new horses. Oh and katastrophe 30,40 grand you watched the fast and the furious too many times. You all seem to keep forgetting that the corvette's engine is a NORMALLY ASPIRATED PUSH-ROD V-8. NO SUPERCHARGERS NO NITROUS NONE OF THAT CRAP, and we still produce 405bhp and 400lbft of tq.

17. My point, Z06, is that Ford does (and has) produced much better engines than just the "puny 4.6," as was previously stated.

Remember, this car is a 2000 model, and it wasn't until 2001 that the Z06 Corvette stalked in, with a 5.7 liter engine outputing what Ford's 5.4-liter allready did.

I'm not saying the R is better than a Z06, by any means; I am just thankful that the two cars ARE so close, above and beyond, oh, say... ANY Japanese car.

18. A ZO6, as far as I'm concerned can be backed up by all you GM fanboy's, because it really doesn't have more than a Cobra R. Except for maybe 2 years, to get to that 405 horsepower. If you compare the exact same years of both model, I guess that would be a little fare. And besides, the ZO6 doesn't have any style, nothing that sets it so far apart from a normal Corvette, besides rear brake ducts and different exhaust. At least the Cobra R has a body-kit, different engine and exhaust, different rear suspension and others. I like the ZO6, but I wish some of you would understand that Ford does do a lot of good things. Like the Mustang. Oh, and that 30-40 thousand I spent on my car... it's in Canadian funds, so it isn't that much.

19. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Katastrophe</i>
    <b>
    A ZO6, as far as I'm concerned can be backed up by all you GM fanboy's, because it really doesn't have more than a Cobra R. Except for maybe 2 years, to get to that 405 horsepower. If you compare the exact same years of both model, I guess that would be a little fare. And besides, the ZO6 doesn't have any style, nothing that sets it so far apart from a normal Corvette, besides rear brake ducts and different exhaust. At least the Cobra R has a body-kit, different engine and exhaust, different rear suspension and others. I like the ZO6, but I wish some of you would understand that Ford does do a lot of good things. Like the Mustang. Oh, and that 30-40 thousand I spent on my car... it's in Canadian funds, so it isn't that much. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->BODY KITS: thats what's wrong with the world. Too concerned about looks. HINT: body kits don't make a car better or faster. The vette doesn't need a crappy body klit, looks great the way it is.<!-- Signature -->

20. I just got rid of my blazer and my WS6. I put a down payment on a '98 vette. Some of you may not beleive me, but I actually got one. <!-- Signature -->

21. Body Kits are wrong, huh? So I guess those huge spoilers on race cars do nothing. And I suppose the aerodynamics would be worse by adding a lighter and more adjustable part. Are you a moron? Why do you think so many GT cars have extra aerodynamic parts. To keep them on the road!!! Viper GTS-R, Corvette C5-R, and the Cobra R. Same shit, when it comes to aerodynamics. You shouldn't even be on here.

22. I was talking about useless body kits that are just for looks. I see alot of kids w/ jap cars put on airdams that do prettymuch nothing. Body kits that work only work at high speeds. The only way to use it on the street is to run from cops trying to give you a ticket.<!-- Signature -->

23. #48 70SuperBee, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
  24. 94<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Crazy Mustang</i>
    <b>hey all i am net to this i am 8 years old and i pisted right here because THE Ford Mustang Cobar R</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->What have you been smoking? Write a comment that makes sense.

94FORMULA is right, there really is no need for body kits for a street car. Only race cars need the aerodynamics. The kits only work at high speed.

25. ". HINT: body kits don't make a car better or faster. "

But they make it look better. Something firebirds need.