Re: I think american cars SUCK ASS!!!

Discussion in '2000 Lingenfelter 650 Corvette' started by JHens, Aug 9, 2002.

1. american cars rule. we've got the vette and the viper...can't beat that

2. Re: american cars rules

I like the vette, hate the viper... give the viper a few years and I may be proud of it, but as for now the viper stands as an average muscle car.. all straight line power as soon as a turn comes up, you're #$%#ed<!-- Signature -->

3. man i dont care what u say but i bet ur ass that this "american car" will smoke the shit out of any car that ull ever drive. 226mph !!! thats pretty damn fast man maybe if r in a mclaren ull barley pull away. have u even driven up to 126? that 226 top speed is just bloodthirsty, i would just laugh as i see the expression on the guys face in the lambo through my rear view. i bet his jaw will be hangin open for a while.

4. if american cars suck then tell me what car can u buy for under $200,000 that can even come close to beating the Venom800 twin turbo, its got a huge brute of a V10 along with those G-force inducing turbos that will have ur foot lifing off the accelerator just because of the fear u experience as the damn thing builds speed so fast that ur face will start pulling back. not even a mclaren could touch this thing, and this is all just at 8 psi of boost,(833hp) imagine 16 psi or even better 20 psi. this car is just playin around with just 8 psi. and so sorry to tell u its american.

5. 1st off, the COUNTRY that brought in Variable Valve Timing was GERMANY, not America. Dumbass. Fastest PRODUCTION CAR (From actual manufacturer!!) is the Bugatti Veyron, which is.......ITALIAN. Overhead cams?? ITALY with ALFA ROMEO!! All America has ever thought with the design of the car is: Pencil a car together that looks 1/2 decent then jam it with as much brute V8 as you can. This method is very inefficent and will endup being the pitfall of the Domestic American V8. Look at import V8's, smaller than domestics but can produce more power. Example: Lexus V8 N/A = 4.3L yet produces 300hp very easily. Ford 4.6L V8 N/A = 260hp.

Bit of a difference don't you think?? What would you want to use for your motor conversion?? I'd pick 300hp over 260hp. ANYDAY!! C yas!! Mafs!!

dude its not just about hp you also have to take tourqe into account
    most amarican cars have the most tourqe then any others<!-- Signature -->

6. American cars rule who ever says they suck have oviously been watching to much fast and the ferious.Besides callaway sledgehammer corvette is the fastest production car out there.It can go 255mph.And the mosler mt900 is the second fastest car in the world.

7. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from kades57nomad</i>
    <b>1st off, the COUNTRY that brought in Variable Valve Timing was GERMANY, not America. Dumbass. Fastest PRODUCTION CAR (From actual manufacturer!!) is the Bugatti Veyron, which is.......ITALIAN. Overhead cams?? ITALY with ALFA ROMEO!! All America has ever thought with the design of the car is: Pencil a car together that looks 1/2 decent then jam it with as much brute V8 as you can. This method is very inefficent and will endup being the pitfall of the Domestic American V8. Look at import V8's, smaller than domestics but can produce more power. Example: Lexus V8 N/A = 4.3L yet produces 300hp very easily. Ford 4.6L V8 N/A = 260hp.

Bit of a difference don't you think?? What would you want to use for your motor conversion?? I'd pick 300hp over 260hp. ANYDAY!! C yas!! Mafs!!

dude its not just about hp you also have to take tourqe into account
    most amarican cars have the most tourqe then any others</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Your wrong! Germany didn't bring VVT up, Actually Cadillac started that shit a long time ago, but big F*cking deal! The Bugatti isn't even Bugatti anymor either. Nothing on that Veyron screams Italian or Bugatti. It's a VW with a W16 with cues straight from the VW W12 concept. It's a nice car but it also has 16cyliners. A huge ass-end and will never be seen on the streets. The best thing about American Cars? They're some of the most fastest cars plus a lot more affordable. They may get up a little over 100 grand but not 300 or even 2.4 million like that piece of shit Schauppan. I don't know if that cars American or NOt but I dont care! And torque is probably as much maybe more important when it comes to pulling a car to certain speeds!<!-- Signature -->

8. the schaupan is a road version of the porsche 962 and it is over priced it was named after a driver who wanted the car for his ownit never went into production. as for this vette, it is incredibly fast if you complain about it being slow i question your sanity.

9. granted i enjoy foreign cars also, but why not show some appreciation for these well tuned, naturally aspirated phenomenons?

10. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from mafia boy</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 67camaroSS</i>
    <b>If american cars suck ass, then why is it that the American car industry has brought more technological advences such as Over head Cams, variable valve timing and has the fastest production car? Answer that one for me. Also, you improt guys have to put turbos and NOS in order to run in the 10 sec range and all we Americans have to do is tweek our naturaly aspirated engines a little and we can get there without spending $20,000 on a motor.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

1st off, the COUNTRY that brought in Variable Valve Timing was GERMANY, not America. Dumbass. Fastest PRODUCTION CAR (From actual manufacturer!!) is the Bugatti Veyron, which is.......ITALIAN. Overhead cams?? ITALY with ALFA ROMEO!! All America has ever thought with the design of the car is: Pencil a car together that looks 1/2 decent then jam it with as much brute V8 as you can. This method is very inefficent and will endup being the pitfall of the Domestic American V8. Look at import V8's, smaller than domestics but can produce more power. Example: Lexus V8 N/A = 4.3L yet produces 300hp very easily. Ford 4.6L V8 N/A = 260hp.

Bit of a difference don't you think?? What would you want to use for your motor conversion?? I'd pick 300hp over 260hp. ANYDAY!! C yas!! Mafs!!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    Ur really stupid arent u, the veyron is made by bugatti, Volkswagen may own ver 50% stock but that doesnt make it german, its still operated by the french, and also the Lexus's V-8 yes its engine smaller then the vette's 5.7 but the Vette has a better torque curve and gives alot of power throghout the Rever allowing the car to accel faster, plus it gets 28MPG, i would like to see ferrari's or NOs burinin ricers do that, the vette half decent looking, its considered one of the best designed cars, the viper famous for its super aggresive but flowing design, the NSX well its blocky and its ass sticks out the back to much, and BMW well they gotta learn how to streamline better cuz they have the aerodynamics of a brick, and just to prove that japs arent to special with small high output engines they built the razor and solstice with american engines both performing equal to ar better than ricers, and yeah the viper 833TT is the fastest acceleration production car, and the sledge and 427TT and vipe TT all go faster in top speed than any euro car, MCLaren not produced anymore people, who u think invented mass producition, henry ford people would still be yelling at others to buy a horse, so if u want to go buy urself a horse and buggy!<!-- Signature -->

11. yeppi do some research...an import will never beat an american rwd car...maybe with a rocket attatch to it then it might come close<!-- Signature -->

12. u #%$, any american car would blow the socks off ur shit ass import. this Lingenfelter Corvette beat a fricken jet. id like to see ur p.o.s. car do that.

13. JAP CRAP IS NOTHING BUT GARBAGE! Who ever started this topic is the one that needs to be sucking ass and maybe even sucking dirt anywhere from 6 to 10 feet in the ground!

14. as far as i know the fastest cars to date use good old american V8
    and V10's.
    when is the last time anybody has seen a funny car dragster make it to the NHRA finals powered by a german or jap engine?
    i never have. maby its just me?
    i have seen a few NOS equiped tubocharged jap funny cars in the past and they were really fast but none could hang with Kenny Berstein's record holding 6,500 Horsepower Supercharged 500 cubic inch TFX Forged Aluminum hemi V-8 block.

Bore & Stroke 4.19 X 4.50 inches
    Zero to 100 miles per hour in 1.0 seconds
    Zero to 270 miles per hour in 3.0 seconds
    Zero to 300 miles per hour in 4.5 seconds

maby im wrong its just that i have never seen german drag raceing.

15. i got a chevy 350 bored out just a bit to 355 and with a few assorted eddlebrock pieces that makes 430 hp when it was last on the dyno. and all that cost me exactly $12,637. then, i ran that for a year and decided to put NOS in it. it was blazing fast before the NOS and i had beat 4 cylinder civis with NOS..now that I have NOS and its a real even field i never lose to any 4 or 6 cylinder jap cars

16. Partially true but, if it's American you help the economy, plus
    American cars are better!!

17. Oh yea your civics pushing 130hp are awsome...
    Any intellegent person can tell that they suck.
    American push rod v-8s can easily reach 450hp naturally asperated
    while your stupid little a bangers take turbo's and nos to get any half decent power. 4 cyliders torque is horrible and theres no power in them until you wond them up to abou 7500 rpm.

18. one thing i dont get... why do people buy civics... they have small engines and look like shit.... people these days....<!-- Signature -->

19. I dislikes Honda Civics as well, no REAL point to driving one.

20. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 79nitrovette</i>
    <b>i got a chevy 350 bored out just a bit to 355 and with a few assorted eddlebrock pieces that makes 430 hp when it was last on the dyno. and all that cost me exactly $12,637. then, i ran that for a year and decided to put NOS in it. it was blazing fast before the NOS and i had beat 4 cylinder civis with NOS..now that I have NOS and its a real even field i never lose to any 4 or 6 cylinder jap cars</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Just baught a brand new stroked 350 (383 cubic inches) long block with Edelbrock Performer RPM heads and a hydraulic roller cam for about $4,500. To that I'm adding Lingenfelter's Accel SuperRam fuel injection system ($3,300). Putting 1 3/4" headers into 2.5" pipes. Engine puts out about 470 hp. With all the other modification to engine and everything I need to get engine running comes to $9,000 and everything is new. Dropping it into an 82' Corvette. Doing alot of other upgrades to transmission (keeping 4 sp. auto) and rest of drivetrain. I don't think I'll need NOS or blower. This is pretty much Lingenfelter's map for what he does to engines. Sound good??

21. SORRY TO SAY BUT I LIKE IMPORTS BUT NOT ALL DOMESTIC'S SUCK BUT LOTS DO LIKE MUSTANGS ARE ***** CARS CAMEROS ARE GOOD ONLY GOOD MUSTANG IS A COBRA R AND SOME OLDER MODEL 1'S BUT AMERICA HAS TRUCKS AND IMPORTS HAVE THE CARS IS THE WAY I SEE IT BUT YEPPI IS A FUCKIN IDOIT TO SAY THAT AND FUCKIN SKYLINES RULE!!!!!!!!!!!1

22. jap crap and spaghetti crap will never touch american muscle so stop compraing these ugly cars with our maerican beauties!<!-- Signature -->

23. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from mjlove</i>
    <b>JAP CRAP IS NOTHING BUT GARBAGE! Who ever started this topic is the one that needs to be sucking ass and maybe even sucking dirt anywhere from 6 to 10 feet in the ground!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->you are right and the same remark will go to the spaghetti crap!<!-- Signature -->

24. Just hate small japanese cars!
    Like in that movie, "The Fast and The furios" there were unly small shitty, cissy japanese cars!
    Tha only true musclecar/streetracer in that movie was the Dodge Charger! (witch appeared totaly for about 10 min in the movie!! :( )

I've had it with those small granny-cars!
    so, I think japanese cars SUCK ASS!!!<!-- Signature -->