Re: If you think that Skyline was fast....

Discussion in '1999 Blitz Skyline GT-R R348' started by deuginthesky, Aug 10, 2002.

1. all i have to say is the car is #$%#ing cool
    and on the track almost unbeatable...<!-- Signature -->

2. #27 ferrari F40 GTE, Aug 10, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
  3. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Joppo</i>
    <b>all i have to say is the car is #$%#ing cool
    and on the track almost unbeatable...</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    uh don't ya mean the strip-a track is a road course, not a drag strip<!-- Signature -->

4. skylines are truly amazing cars as are many other cars out in the world. blitz's version here is another example of what u can do to a skyline and still have it street legal. all the brainless idiots making close minded remarks suck and gives the real car enthusiasts a bad name. the skyline is one of my all time favorite cars and some of these skyline "fans" sickens me as well as some of the american car "fans." grow up. don't make all of us throw up.

5. JAPANESE AND EUROPEAN CARS FOREVER!!

DOWN WITH AMERICAN CARS!!!

the world would be a much better place if there were no American car cocksucks like the ones out there! Your love of American cars is purely based on patriotism, quite frankly, american cars suck. They're only good for straight-line acceleration. I once watched a Corvette get beaten by a measly lil WRX Sti (I love WRx's).

Japanese cars on the other hand, may not the the quickest, but they are complete cars! They handle well, they have a great ride quality, they're nimble and dont perform too badly either.

And European cars, just their history and heritage can win the race. Marques such as Ferrari, Porsche and Aston Martin are the performance car benchmarks of the world. Even the middle-ban manufactures (Lotu, BMW, Jag) can kill an ugly bulky american car.

6. #31 Will938, Aug 10, 2002
    Wow, there are a lot of dumb asses on both sides of the battle. As for my side (American) I'll say a few things.

This car is not unbeatable, close to it but not quite.

Hmmmm, last time I checked America held the records for the Fastest 1/4 car, fastest street legal top speed, fastest stock body top speed, most winningest car in history, ect. ect. Not only are these records all American, they're all GM.

The -am cars you hate so much really must threaten you, and yes those Shitty Camaros and trans-Ams you so hate are capable of low 13 to one recorded 12.9 sec. 1/4 mile times stock. They win where it counts, on the street.

History and Heritage win the race? Yeah, just like hp/l right?

America is only represented by the Viper? Only on the streetable side off the top of my head I can say Camaro Z28, Camaro SS, Trans-am, Trans-am WS6, Trans-am Formula, Trans-am Blackbird, Camaro Intimidator SS, Corvette, Corvette ZO6, Viper GTS, Mustang Cobra, Saleen Mustang, Roush Mustang, Ling. Corvette, Callaway Corvette, Steeda Mustang, 351R Mustang, GT-40.

Know who owns Aston Martin?

Now if you want to know what -am cars can run under 13.72 and are street legal, go to www.nhra.com and look up any state, any track, to any street legal section. 10's of thousands, hell, it's at least the number of Camaro SS's + Trans-ams produced.

I'm not seeing any evidence that this car could beat the 800TT which holds the slalom record, does a better 0-60, higher top speed, and possibly has a better 1/4(not sure about that). All I see is people who love this car claiming dominance for no apparent reason.

Now with all that said, this car is excellent, I wish it would replace my hotrod.

7. And Jap can't pass American standards.

Oh, street legal American car that does 0-300 km faster than 13......how about the current world record holder for FR street legal which is the Chevy '55 Bel Air that ran the 1/4 in 5.55 Seconds.

8. veilside are also based in the US , so their cars pass US emission laws.

Your car is full road legal ?
    Let me laugh , only drag cars can do it , it's a funny car that you're talking about , I've been on the NHRA website and looked at the records.

Try again.

9. This skyline might be cool, but i smoked one Friday night.. it ate my #$%#ing dust horribly. i was going about 15 and then he rolled his window down and asked me if i wanted to race. i said sure. so at the stop light we sat there just revving our engines. i told him 20 bucks to the winner. so the light turns green and i caught first second and by the time my tires hit third he was in my rear view... 4 seconds later he hit the NOS and came right up beside me pulled ahead of me and then i thought i was done. unfortuanetly without the NOS i #$%#ing just ripped him a new one. when i hit 5th i ate him. it was probably the best race ive ever had. the 20 bucks was mine and so was the pride. Of eating a skyline. But back to topic. John Force has a 4 second mustang. If a skyline can do 4 seconds show me. Ill pay you 50 bucks for the video and another 50 for proving me wrong
    <!-- Signature -->

10. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from deuginthesky</i>
    <b>veilside are also based in the US , so their cars pass US emission laws.

Let me laugh , only drag cars can do it , it's a funny car that you're talking about , I've been on the NHRA website and looked at the records.

Try again.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Its not my car, it isn't a funny car either. It is THE fastest street legal FR car with a 5.55 second 1/4 time. That means you could drive it to Wendy's if you wanted. Try again.

11. I've been to japan, i've been to tokyo, i've been out on the streets at about midnight on a friday night and seen a group of hundreds cars most of them dipping FOUR digit horsepower. Theres a illegal street racing club where you must have a car that is capable of at least 160mph to enter. There are a few lambos and porsches but they generally follow behind the 230mph supras.

Anything american would get eaten alive over there.

12. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Will938</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from deuginthesky</i>
    <b>veilside are also based in the US , so their cars pass US emission laws.

Try again.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Its not my car, it isn't a funny car either. It is THE fastest street legal FR car with a 5.55 second 1/4 time. That means you could drive it to Wendy's if you wanted. Try again.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Post any serious evidence and I'll believe you.

Post also the price of the modifications , and show me it doesn't use NO2 or slicks.

13. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from MulletCarzSuck</i>
    <b>this is a fast ass car,it could most likely take on anything the states have to offer,and that includes the henessey 800TT Viper that has set the record for 0-60 time,id like to see that guy do 0-60 in this car</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I'm just wondering why the 800TT gets compared to every other car? =\

14. Because many idiots think it's the fastest of the world , because of an article in Motor Trend.

Even some fools have post their sh!t on the Dauer 962 forum.

15. #40 Godspd, Aug 10, 2002
    <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from EvilNinjaMoby</i>
    <b>Someone needs to not let the 12 year olds play with the computers. Yes this is a bad ass car. No its not the best. No those 1300HP cars you talk about are NOT street legal.. since when did they build American spec cars in Japan , as for the ones that were.. they still arent street legal.. and you might want to show something that proves they are.. other than saying it. as for the WRX beating a vette... msut have been a shitty driver... also take a look who is winning in the WRC... last time I checked... the Focus ( ford..) was doing well over the WRX. Oh and the many Wins at Lemans wasnt bad either for us american cars... as for your 1400HP dragsters.. wow... 1400HP and not street legal... you know they make faster Jap dragsters... but I guess you wouldnt have to be an ignorant #$%# to know that. Still like to see a mid 9sec. street legal ALL motor Jap car.. ( ahem ZL1 camaro http://www.fast-autos.net/chevrolet/camarozl1videos.html) oh and btw take a look at www.NHRA.com... last time I checked thoe were
    shitty v8's running 4 second quarter miles... You #$%#ers need to stop watching Fast and the Furious.. #$%#ing morons... you probably double clutch with your cars too... and think putting type r on your car makes it faster. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Exactly who let the 12 year old out? Where is your mummy by the way?

If where talking about street legal cars, all the 9 and even 8 second GTRs in Japan are street legal in Japan...and dont give me this crap about but its not im America. Cause if any Viper, or Corvette or other cars from America tried to be street legal in Japan it will fail as Japanese emission standards are higher than America.

I read about 9 second GTR in magazines all the time and what happens after the drags. They simply drive their cars home.

Yes...mate...Fast and Furious was made by Americans (funny movie)...shows how much they know about Japenese cars outside of America.

In Australia where I come from Japanese cars dominate the road for speed and handling, thats what majority of young people drive over here..why because they are cheap and fast and are better than all European, American and Austrlian cars in its class. Any WRX over here will shit on any V8's or V6's let along a GTR.

Just execpt the fact that GTR's all better.<!-- Signature -->

16. Hahahahahaha...hahaha you guys are funny! Am cars suck! but... yeah ther are fast in a straight line.. Skylines will spank the crap out of a Am car like Abuse! All to all the mofo's who said "japs can't even develop vee 8's... " I got something for you So what it's a Luxury car but ever heard of INFINITI Q45... Take a Q and barely do any upgrades such as ECU, TRANNY, INTAKE, and EXHAUST it'll be running 12's... that's from some my own experience.... Take that Q and add a Superchager, Slicks, Torque Converter, Port and Polished and a lightend bosy.. PSSH that's easily under 10's. That's what I call NISSAN Power.. Japanese cars are the Best!

17. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from alexly</i>
    <b>DRAGSTER 0-300mph 5s

F-1 RACE car 0-300 km/h

8.x-9.xs (2002 spec with 7 speed gear box and traction control).

</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

GTR 0-300 9sec

By the way what is the point of you post?<!-- Signature -->

18. That ZL1 corvette is such a lie. Chevrolet never planned on making a fvcking 770 HP camaro, they don't even have a 770 HP corvette.

19. Oh on the contrary they're going to make a 745hp. corvette it's in my avatar. It will be called the tigershark corvette. There are high hp. f-bodies there's a firebird with 600+hp. naturally aspirated. All of you people who say jap. cars have better handeling look at the new mustang it has really good handeling so do f-bodies, corvettes, lingenfelter corvettes, gtos, gt40s, and more. This thing couldn't beat a gt40 on the track. Remember in the '60s they made ferrari forfit raceing. In 1960 they got a 1-2-3 finish. In 2001 corvette c5-rs got a 1-2 finish and the closest car behind them was a saleen s7, 39laps behind(read that in corvette quarterly). They have 8sec. corvettes it was in chevy high performance a vette that got the 1/4 mile in 8.4sec. and it was a 1984 without nos. You people are living in the past jap. crap and huge turbos, nos, and other modifications were cool in the '70s, but now it's muscle cars. The sound of a jap. car wwrr. The sound of a muscle car vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrroooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!! Also the lingenfelter has street tires not street legal slicks. With street legal slicks it got 0-60 in 1.4sec.

20. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from camaro</i>
    <b>Oh on the contrary they're going to make a 745hp. corvette it's in my avatar. It will be called the tigershark corvette. There are high hp. f-bodies there's a firebird with 600+hp. naturally aspirated. All of you people who say jap. cars have better handeling look at the new mustang it has really good handeling so do f-bodies, corvettes, lingenfelter corvettes, gtos, gt40s, and more. This thing couldn't beat a gt40 on the track. Remember in the '60s they made ferrari forfit raceing. In 1960 they got a 1-2-3 finish. In 2001 corvette c5-rs got a 1-2 finish and the closest car behind them was a saleen s7, 39laps behind(read that in corvette quarterly). They have 8sec. corvettes it was in chevy high performance a vette that got the 1/4 mile in 8.4sec. and it was a 1984 without nos. You people are living in the past jap. crap and huge turbos, nos, and other modifications were cool in the '70s, but now it's muscle cars. The sound of a jap. car wwrr. The sound of a muscle car vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrroooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!!!!!!! Also the lingenfelter has street tires not street legal slicks. With street legal slicks it got 0-60 in 1.4sec. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Hmm funny that..it seems only America is going that way with this muscle car crap. No idea at all.....<!-- Signature -->

21. American cars = Shyt

That equation is more famous than other eqation by Albert Einstein

22. The car that remains the fastest car in japan for the 0-300km/h RWD title is with a time of 24.70seconds which was done by a RB26DETT powered Supra which is one of the Top Secret garages cars, who ever said that 0-300 can be acheived in something like 10 seconds is full of shit. <!-- Signature -->

23. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from shypo</i>
    <b>The car that remains the fastest car in japan for the 0-300km/h RWD title is with a time of 24.70seconds which was done by a RB26DETT powered Supra which is one of the Top Secret garages cars, who ever said that 0-300 can be acheived in something like 10 seconds is full of shit. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

YOU ARE HIGH! They have a prefecture club for cars that pull 0-300kph in less than 20 secs. Notice I said prefecture and not country...could be because there are a great number of those cars in Japan. I know of one Soarer in particular that does this in 19.4 secs...
    They also have a 13 sec club for GTR's....Yes, that's right 0-300kph in 13.X secs....
    ...and I don't remember Nagata-san saying anything about holding a record for 0-300 in a RWD vehicle when I met him and his car out at Daikoku Futo in February.

24. ITS STUPID PEOPLE LIKE HORNY MONKEY THAT SHOULDNT EVEN BE ALLOWED TO JOIN THIS SITE THIS IS ONE OF THE BADEST CARS IVE EVER SEEN IT WOULD SMOKE THE SHIT OUT OF SOME GAY REDNECK PIECE OF SHIT ANY CAMARO MUSTANG CORVETTE PROBABLY TOO, TAKE SOME PATRIOTIC PRIDE IN OUR COUNTRY IF YOU WANT DICKHEAD BUT NOT IN THE CARS BECAUSE JAPENESE CARS WILL PROBABLY ALWAYS BE BETTER THAN AMERICAN.

25. a message to DRIVE IT LIKE YOU RENTED IT: i agree you might not be able to beat the viper for its category, but then again if i put in an engine with 8 or something litres of gas, im sure i could win too. i could say name me a car that can beat the 1991-93 toyota MR2 turbo, and that would also be a tough call for its price. not to mention there were the best engineers ( from lamborghini) that made the viper what it is. if it wasnt for them you are looking at an 8 litre with what would have been a cast iron block and many other faults. AM I THE ONLY ONE WITH LOGIC IN THIS FORUM?

DONT BE CAR RACIST, AND JUST SAY ALL AMERICAN, OR JAP CARS SUCK. BECAUSE THEY DONT. SO SHUT IT.
    PEACE.