Re: I'm Over Mustangs.

Discussion in '1969 Ford Mustang BOSS 429' started by MoparHemmi, Aug 9, 2002.

1. I'm Over Mustangs.

Props given to the car but theirs always something better. This can't compare to the 68' Hemmi Cuda. Not even close. Ford doesn't compare the Chrysler.

2. Do you own a Hemi cuda?

probably not; members of my family own not only boss nines but a hemi cuda.

U think they talk shit like this to each other? Even though they raced and the Boss beat the cuda? NO, stfu idiot<!-- Signature -->

3. You Suck Balls

4. Yeah ! We can't compare !

This engine was the same used in a car who wons Le mans 4 times.
    Ford wons a lot of championships around the world.
    Ford had companies around all the world. They also had buyied a lot of other companies like Aston Martin, Jaguar, Mazda, Land Rover...

Hemi 'Cuda is a good name for a fish.
    He sunk so fast as the Joly Roger.
    Chrysler never had a engine to won a great championship in Europe.
    Chrysler never had a production car to won championships against Ford.
    Chrysler is so cheap that he was overtaken by the Daimler-Benz group.

Ps.: I know the changed their names to Daimler-Chrysler, but the table of directors consists of 12 managers and only 2 are americans. The Ten others are Germans. A little "dispropotional" for an almost american company.
    <!-- Signature -->

5. I dont remember the BOSS 429 going to le mans let alone winning 4 timesperhaps your thinking of the 427.

6. how is the hemi better, what made it better than other big blocks was its hemispherical heads and the BOSS 429 has those 2. it also has more power, making this the slightly better choice.

7. i think its just a matter of personal taste. id take this over a hemi any day. and all that talk of something being better? only one production car has no superior. the mclaren f1 gt. even though theres only three in existance, its better than the mclaren f1's and f1 lm's. those are much better in terms of performance than a hemi cuda. any kind of hemi cuda.<!-- Signature -->

8. this engine is as good or better than the Hemi; its design was based on the greatest Hemi of all time, the Ford 427 Cammer. <!-- Signature -->

9. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from camaroboy</i>
    <b>I dont remember the BOSS 429 going to le mans let alone winning 4 timesperhaps your thinking of the 427. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Sure ? Oh my God ! Excuse me ! (LOL !) OK ! OK !

Should I say this engine is 2 inches greater than the GT40 engine ?

Oh my God ! They're completelly diferent !!!

<!-- Signature -->

10. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from MoparHemmi</i>
    <b>Props given to the car but theirs always something better. This can't compare to the 68' Hemmi Cuda. Not even close. Ford doesn't compare the Chrysler.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

dumb #$%#, you can't spell hemi right
    <!-- Signature -->

11. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 71HemiCuda</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from MoparHemmi</i>
    <b>Props given to the car but theirs always something better. This can't compare to the 68' Hemmi Cuda. Not even close. Ford doesn't compare the Chrysler.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

dumb #$%#, you can't spell hemi right
    </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

actually i dont wanna talk about your message at all, its your profile. Vortec supercharger. New axles. new pistons. boost controller. supercharging kit. oh round abouts there. 10 Gs 400 hp roughly and

Del Sol: 5800
    turbo w/ kits and all nessisary parts: 19000
    total dollar amount said and done? 30 Gs

total horsepower? 800+

shut your mouth

12. hey guys, its all good...the way i see it, if it's classic, has a v8, sounds cool, and goes reasonably fast, you should like it. who cares if ford or dodge made it? i drive a '68 mustang, but you'll never see me dissing a guy driving a chevelle or a 'cuda...hell, i'll be praising them for their good taste since it's a rare enough quality that someone likes muscle cars at all. of course, the best cars were cadillacs imho...

13. 1 Number. 429!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. Notice the year he mentioned for the 'cuda (actually barracuda for the year). 1968 not 1970. He is most likely refferring to the hurst Hemis.(Able to run 10's off the show room floor, which only a handful of production cars can do, the McLaren is one). They were meant for drag racing, the weight was reduced, the cars stripped of interior, acid dipped door, plexiglass windows ect...ect..... That year of Hemi Barracuda would have beat this stang in the 1/4.

15. Right - no Hemi 'Cuda until '70, thank you. And no VTEC bullshit, who the #$%# was that? 500 Street versions of the Boss 429 were released will full Hemi heads, and Car and Driver talked about high 12's, but who knows. This actually came first.

And that idiot talking about 30 grand in a Honda nees to realize that 7 grand in this car would beat that (and that Lisa Kubo's 10-second, 600-horse power Honda cost her $110,000...)

16. 374 Horse aint enough to come close to that Hemi Cuda with 425 horse and 490 torque. Tell me what that Boss runs in the 1/4 mile,not a 13 flat thats for sho, cause its only got 375 horse and 450 torque. And dont get mad cause Mopar tryed hemispherical heads and thats all everybody uses in the NHRA is HEMI's, if the HEMI was so slow then why did they outlaw it, yeah thought so.

17. The new 2003 Mustang Cobra is rated at 390 HP. but the magazines have been testing it say it is closer to 425 HP. It runs mid 12's!! What chrysler has done that lately, or ever?<!-- Signature -->

18. The Hemi engine that was FIRST outlawed by NASCAR was not a Mopar, it was the 427 S.O.H.C. motor. It ran 6 races and beat everyone (inc. 426 hemis) by 2 laps or more. It was Hot Rod mag said, was "the most awesome beast ever let out on the public". It rated at 697hp AT THE REAR WHEELS!! This would be a rated hp of 810-835. Not only did it have hemispherical head design, it also had Overhead cams! This motor today command a $25,000 price tag, motor only. I don't have a problem with the 426's. My dad has a 67 GTX with a hemi, but you had to replace spark plugs all the time because of the poor design of the valve cover tubes. My dad asked Ronnie Sox (a famed hemi racer) if there was any way to cure this problem, or the constantly out of tune carbs, he said NO! Live with it! By the way that 67 is for sale, it has 31,000 orig. miles. E-mail me<!-- Signature -->

19. why doesnt everyone just stop bitching on this site..
    but anyways...
    hemis and boss 429s were both great engines and just because they are rated at 425hp and 375 hp that doesnt mean thats what they actualy have.i know most early hemis were found to have close to 500hp and te same with boss 429s
    i think thy are both equally good cars.. and are bout as fast in the 1/4 as each from informnation i have found (boss 12.9 sec and same for 70 hemi cuda)
    i dont know wht it says on here but that what i found somewhere else..
    i also have a book that claims boss 429s with some minor suspenson modifications will do the 1/4 mile in 12.1..
    but thats not stock so it doesnt count..

20. This car is AWESOME<!-- Signature -->

21. this is the ultimate stang<!-- Signature -->

22. the 429 boss was rated at 360hp but its real hp was nearby 475!

23. this thing is nice, but id take a nice Shelby GT-350 or 500KR over this.

24. but this car is more rare than the 68-70 shelby gt 500 especially with the 428cj engine which is an other appreciable car too.

25. seriously, Mustangs kick f***ing ass