Re: is this the new skyline or something?

Discussion in '2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Coupe' started by US Cars SUCK, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Well, the new skyline, which has been available in Japan for quite a while now, has a V6. The 350 GT-8 has a VQ35DE which puts out 200kw. Pretty impressive for a NA 3.5 V6. Can't wait for the new GTR to be released.<!-- Signature -->

2. is this the new skyline or something?

from what i know, the skyline is going away, and a whole new skyline is coming out, which is supposed to be marketed under Ininiti in the US, and this might be it, but this is an insult to the skyline heritage, given it's lack of refinement, in my opinion, plus i heard that the new skyline is supposed to be a V8, not a V6, but i dunno, i'd rather have the old skyline stay, not some new age design<!-- Signature -->

3. This is on the new 350Z platform. I would be surprised to see a Skyline offering in the states, with Nissan and Infiniti already offering a new sports car.<!-- Signature -->

4. The skyline is already in North America under the Infinity G35 name. Check out the 2002 Infiniti G35...It looks good but this BLOWS it away...this is such a BEAUTIFUL car...maybe my only critisism would be the headlights but otherwise nice exterior, interior and guts!!! If only I had the money!<!-- Signature -->

5. This is no Skyline. The Skyline has an inline 6 and is AWD. I doubt mightily they would change that formula to this. This is not the new Skyline. This car is entirley different in desighn ideas than the Skyline.<!-- Signature -->

6. OKAY...below is a pic of the new V35 Skyline (nismo performance version shown).

V35 = G35

the new Infinity sedan is based on the Skyline (infact, its basically just a rebadge job), and this Infinity Coupe is a Skyline based on the new Z platform (the Z platform is a shortened Skyline platform - its all a messy circle).

sorry to disappoint, but this is what the new Skyline will look like. not too bad, but not as angry as the current. as for the 2 door GT varients, don't sweet - they will be only based on this Skyline platform (ie, not the body - lets hope this it true anyway), and won't be simply pumped 2 door versions of the sedan body (like they have been doing for over a decade now). atleast, thats what Nissan is saying at the moment. guess we just have to wait & see.

sorted.<!-- Signature -->

7. The NISMO Skyline looks cool. Does anyone know about a release date for the GTR?<!-- Signature -->

8. thank you for somebody giving an intelligent and informative reply instead of chattering away about what you THINK this car MIGHT be and making uneducated assumtions about it. This site is for automotive enthusiasts...nice to see somebody using their brain. way to go car-nuts

9. Man,

This is not a Skyline GT-R!!!!!!!!!!!

There are two models, the GT-R and the regular Skyline.

This would be the skyline for the US, not the GT-R skyline. This does have a V6 which is a good thing because now it is cranking out more than 275 horsepower.

The GTR and The Skyline are completely different models.

And yes, the states are getting Skylines, not GT-Rs.<!-- Signature -->

10. THIS IS NOT THE R35!!! Just becuase the new G35 is based on the Skyline platform doesn't not mean it is anything close to the R35. This is the new R35. Either a TT 3.5L V6 or a 4.5L V8 puttin out 400HP with AWD and all the extras is the R35. The G-TR R35 is far different from this as you can see from the picture. <!-- Signature -->

11. #11 theace, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    sorry i couldnt get the pic up. just go to www.freshalloy.com and look for the Skyline GT-R R35 pictures. <!-- Signature -->

12. There are many levels to "Skyline". The GT-R just seems to be the only one that the rest of the world hears about...<!-- Signature -->

13. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from sparetire</i>
    <b>This is no Skyline. The Skyline has an inline 6 and is AWD. I doubt mightily they would change that formula to this. This is not the new Skyline. This car is entirley different in desighn ideas than the Skyline.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

The skyline is a rear wheel drive touring sedan. the gt-r is an all wheel drive coupe.<!-- Signature -->

14. that new skyline doesnt look all that hot. it looks like a normal old car. no flair what so ever<!-- Signature -->

15. This is the V35 Skyline it is a sport sedan

The Skyline name has been taken away from the Skyline GT-R, the new "skyline" will simply be named the R35 GT-R....Nismo race varients of the skyline for years have never officially been called skylines they have always been called the Nismo GT-R, now that renault owns Nissan and its subsidiaries they are taking the corperation in a new, motor sports oriented direction, hence the removal of the skyline moniker from the GT-R series

the new R35 GT-R is a VQ35 powered GT coupe, its a maxima power plant reworked and twin turbo charged it puts about 400bhp to the wheels through a 6speed getrag manual to the 4 driving wheels....dont worry, the GT-R is also slated for a 2004 US release, so yeah....there ya go, read and be happy

16. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SkylineMatt</i>
    <b>from what i know, the skyline is going away, and a whole new skyline is coming out, which is supposed to be marketed under Ininiti in the US, and this might be it, but this is an insult to the skyline heritage, given it's lack of refinement, in my opinion, plus i heard that the new skyline is supposed to be a V8, not a V6, but i dunno, i'd rather have the old skyline stay, not some new age design</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Not me. I like the new GTR and I like this G35. It should however come out with a 4WD model as well as RWD. <!-- Signature -->

17. the G35 is a bad ass, ive already riden in one, and this saturday im going drive one for my self, they corner like bitches sticking to the road at HIGH speeds and not EVEN breaking loose a tire or for that matter sqealing one. the new GT-R IS supposed to be US bound sometime in 2004, the concept shown at the tokyo show was infact LEFT HAND drive....this means the skyline is ready to cross international borders and take its place among the great supercars of our time.....watch out porsche, ferarri and and lamborghini here comes....'a nissan?'.....hah hah YEAH BABY SKYLINE HERE WE COME