Re: iT COULD BE QUICKER.

Discussion in '2001 BMW M Coupe' started by VR4, Aug 9, 2002.

1. me too...since it looks like such a light car. its only a bit quicker than the m3

2. yea, it could be quicker, and ought to be quicker, cuz right now it is slower than the AMG SLK32

3. Although this is all true I think that people sometimes place a little too much importance on straight line performance. People that buy these cars don't take them to the drag strip. I would gladly give up a couple tenths acceleration on the straight line for an excellent steering feel, a world renowned gearbox, and incredible brakes.

4. iT COULD BE QUICKER.

I think it could be quicker that would be really sweet.<!-- Signature -->

5. yea i think so 2

6. Finally, some one sees that this car isn't suppost to be a muscle car, it is made to be a well rounded racer. I am sure that BMW fulfiled all of the requirments that it's true customers want and need for the race coarses.

7. Is 4.8sec not fast enough? This car reaches 4.8sec for 0-100kmh in some magazines tests in the europe and US with the old engine. It beats the previous M3 every single time.. and the new M3 has to struggle to keep up with 4.8sec (manual 6-sp versus 5 on the mcoupe).

8. It could be quicker but like someone said before it's designed to be an all rounded car.

9. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from VR4</i>
    <b>me too...since it looks like such a light car. its only a bit quicker than the m3</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Dont forget that the m3 has a somewhat more powerfull engine and a 6 speed.

10. ITS NOT THAT MUCH QUICKER THAN THE S2000, BUT ITS ALL DOWN TO WEIGHT RATIO, THE MCOUPE IS A COUPE THE S2000 IS A RAG TOP. HONDAS ARE ALWAYS LIGHT.

11. This car is sweet.

12. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from McLaren_Man</i>
    <b>I think it could be quicker that would be really sweet.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --> What de frig are you on drugs or something. You don't no jank about cars and all you do is dis every car but the crap Mclaren f1 which you stick up your ass!!!! Geek Boy!!<!-- Signature -->

13. This car is one of my favorite hatch backs, other than the Supra from 1993.5 (The one with the different tail lights and a few other changes) but I love this car<!-- Signature -->

14. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Yeppi</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from McLaren_Man</i>
    <b>I think it could be quicker that would be really sweet.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --> What de frig are you on drugs or something. You don't no jank about cars and all you do is dis every car but the crap Mclaren f1 which you stick up your ass!!!! Geek Boy!!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Shut up you Gippo!<!-- Signature -->

15. how much are u paying you gay bumchumbs to say that.<!-- Signature -->

16. Every car could be quicker. Jesus people, ever heard of gearing? As previously mentioned, the M3 has slightly more power (how much of that is due to artificially limiting the M Coupe by 500 rpms?), has a 6 speed tranny, and most importantly, it's got a 3.62:1 final drive vs. the M Coupe's 3.15:1 final drive.

M Coupe still equals the M3's time around Nurburgring (despite its dated chassis and lack of electronic torque-sensing M Diff), and beats the M3 by .5 seconds around Hockenheim. The M Roadster is faster around a racetrack than the SLK32 AMG (see R&T 12/01, pg 66). The M Coupe would be even quicker still.

Check out the article below by Automobile Magazine, which recently test drove the M3, M3 Cabrio, M5, M Roadster, and M Coupe. Notice how they didn't say, "Gee, this M Coupe could be quicker."
    They mention that the M Coupe is actually quicker, despite what the factory may say (the factory, BTW, has much more interest in seeing M3 drivers satisfied than M Coupe drivers). They also mention something about the M Coupe being the most fun to drive as well.

17. ok ppl, first of all, the m coupe doent have the space of the m3 to accomodate the extra size of the 6speed tranny, and second, the engine makes less hp than the one found in the m3 cause the exhaust system in the m coupe is more restricted due to more bends and so more restrictions, since it has to clear a lot in tight spaces under the car. the m coupe is faster cause it has a lower weight and even better weight balancing, and the lighter car can carry more speed in the corners since the centre of gravity is so low(and cuz it weighs less). the lighter weight also contributes to better braking. overall, the m coupe is a better sports car, but the m3 is a better allarounder, but both r great cars that ive always loved. i mean, theyre BMW's. <!-- Signature -->