Re: It,s not a nice car...

Discussion in '1998 Porsche 911 GT1 ’98' started by Dr Porsche, Aug 10, 2002.

1. #1 Dr Porsche, Aug 10, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    That may be your opinion on whats the best Porsche ever. The 959 is a really cool car i love it, to this day its as good or even better than the current 911 turbo. It was the Carrera GT of its time. But in my opinion the 1998 911 GT1 is the best looking car out there. I know alot of crs out there may be better but **** it, "its my dream car".
    But then the Sportec GT1, it kicks ass. Oh yeah i got some imformation for you guys. Look at both links. On is about the 959, and read the info on the top. The other one is about the GT1R race version, it will give you the 0 <A HREF="http://www.flat-6.net/view.php?model=996&sel=996+GT1+Evolution http://www.flat-6.net/view.php?model=959&sel=959&tab=oview+(1998)&tab=oview-60." TARGET="_new">http://www.flat-6.net/view.php?model=996&sel=996+GT1+Evolution <A HREF="http://www.flat-6.net/view.php?model=959&sel=959&tab=oview+(1998)&tab=oview-60.</A>" TARGET="_new">http://www.flat-6.net/view.php?model=959&sel=959&tab=oview+(1998)&tab=oview-60.</A></A>

2. (I was comparing it to the GT1)<!-- Signature -->

3. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Gulf Porsche 917</i>
    <b>The 962 is really the successor to the 917LH and the 956 is the successor to the 917k and this is the successor to the 962. I read about this in a book I have called Porsche Racing cars. Good book, I recommend it to any Porsche fan.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

And the 935 ???

4. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from tiger005</i>
    <b>but we all know what is better right?

PORSCHE GT-1</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

It's kicked by the 1986 962C.

5. ????<!-- Signature -->

6. more<!-- Signature -->

7. more<!-- Signature -->

8. some more<!-- Signature -->

9. white<!-- Signature -->

10. hahaha<!-- Signature -->

11. how can you guys say any porsche handles like shit?

you realize the overall word HANDLING has nothing to do with lateral acceleration or slalom runs? if you pull your head out of your #$%#ing loose ass and drive a porsche you'd understand.

i'm tired of idiotic kids making half ass comments about great cars they will never see, much less drive.<!-- Signature -->

12. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from tiger005</i>
    <b>hahaha</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I repeat , the 962C kills any 911 GT1.

13. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from deuginthesky</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from tiger005</i>
    <b>hahaha</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I repeat , the 962C kills any 911 GT1.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

both cars where designed to win le mans at the particualar time they raced at le mans and due to rules changes the 962 is better even though the desgin is older then the 911 GT1

14. The 962 is really the successor to the 917LH and the 956 is the successor to the 917k and this is the successor to the 962. I read about this in a book I have called Porsche Racing cars. Good book, I recommend it to any Porsche fan.<!-- Signature -->

15. but we all know what is better right?

PORSCHE GT-1

16. What the hell are you #$%#ers talking about it doesnt look anything like those cars, its the best Porsche ever made>>>>>>>>>

17. ok dr porsche you are al over the forums for this car, you need to shut up.. sorry you jus sound like a litle kid that doesnt know anything, no offence<!-- Signature -->

18. Look anaconda I know an everywhere for this car, but i cant help it its the best Fucking Porsche ever. Also, i do know what im talking about, i probably know more about cars than you will ever know. SO GO SUCK A DICK *****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    PORSCHE FO LIFE

19. the GT1 is the best.

20. BEST PORSCHE AND CAR IN THE WORLD=959

21. no the 959's might be fast but they handle like shit

22. I do not participate in many of these forum conversations because I find them too childesh, and most of the people who do participate would not no a good car from a whole in the ground. But I just can't let this vehicle be discrased like this.
    First things first. The Porsche 959 does not "handle like shit". The 959 was said to be the most technically advanced car up until the time that it went into production. Porsche was one of the first automakers to use four wheel drive in a production sports car. They perfected that notion with the PSK system devised for the 959. It won Dakar, and a private entry won it's class at Le Mans in 1986. It was entered under the name of a 961, but basically it is a heavely modified 959, in the IMSA GTX class. It also placed seventh overall right behind the mass of Porsche 956's and 962's.
    The 1998 Porsche GT1 is one of the greatest grand touring cars every built. It did not have the "success" and fame of it's predesesors, but it did pull off another win for Porsche, headed up by the all mighty Reinhold Joest, at Le Mans. [By the way, if Mr. Joest happens to read this (yeah right!), nice meeting you at Mosport in 2000, sorry for not recognizing you, thank you for the comment on the Pentax, and good luck in June!] Not only did it win outright, but it won it's class, and recieved second place in both. The published 550bhp is severely understated. Also, the top speed is limited on all of the road going versions, because of gearing. This proves to be helpful when driving on public roads where 200mph + speeds are not permited, or necessary.
    One more thing...if anyone says that the Hennessey Viper Venom 800TT is "better" than any GT1 class car, Porsche or otherwise, one more time, I'll have a heart attack!

"And that's MY two-cents!"
    -Kent Brockman

23. i think the 911gt1/98 is the most beautiful porsche. but the 962c is unquestionably the most sucessful. as a tribute to the most beautiful of porsches, i photoshopped the image of a 911gt1/98. i removed the sponsor stickers, lengthened the front overhang, gave it
    996 turbo-style lights, and of course, made te wheels bigger.