Re: it will break down

Discussion in '2000 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 Concept' started by z28infront, Aug 9, 2002.

1. My 98'Z28 gets 28 miles per gallon, and I have never lost a race thru turns to a civic, if they can do better maybe the drivers don't have the guts. When approtching traffic I let off, I will not put anyone else into harms way. The import drivers push on thru other cars. If this is the only way these little cars can beat American cars remember these streets are not for racing, old people drive there. If the lanes are open I Will win, if there are old or slow drivers please do not race around them. It is like a hostage to prove your little ugly car is faster. Check me out on the racetrack not the streets!!!

2. How much is the civic? How much is ur Z28? In canada, a civic costs $16000, a camaro SS costs $46000. I think Z28 is even more expensive, think it's about $50000. If I spend the extra $34000, I can make my civic to have at least 400hp with racing tires and suspension.<!-- Signature -->

3. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from $pitfire</i>
    <b>You stupid kids, every company has it's advantages and disadvantages...

this particular car would break down if you drove it for more then an hour. With that amount of power..</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

true very true.........wehy don't yo kkids just accept the art of pure skillt and engineering...grw up man...i mean that sucks and thats better than this......if a company makes a car and its good ....say it...don't go ..oh its a ford so it sucks or a chevy or whatever.........its all about cars...rather if you're a true carlover......you'd know what a good car is and wha a bad one is and not be biased by its company<!-- Signature -->

4. I'm not a big camaro fan, but this one makes me drool...

5. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from chevysbest</i>
    <b>bucknutz i take that as an insalt im 13 and i know more
    about cars then you email me and find out </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END
    QUOTE -->
    I'm 10 and I'm a car fanataic too I no more that my 44 year old dad who was a mechanic

6. Hay Honda rulzs not to make you look stupid, but a SS Camaro is several grand more than a Z28, and stock it has ten more horsepower. And if I spent 46,000 on my Z28 you could be lucky to eat Z28 dust because you would be so far back no one would know we were racing!!! Hay stupid if I were to spend that much on a car it would be a Vette!!!

7. And yes Hondas are fun to drive off a cliff!!!

8. since 1966 camaro's are made for one thing and one thing only and thats stoplight to stoplight there not made to run the Fu(king leman's

9. Odin, my Z28 will do 170 mph thats a very long stoplight to stoplight, and you sport the Vette logo did you not know that. What is wrong with you??? Do you have a Vette I think not. I know a Camaro can do better than a Seleen in any type of road race, and a Vette just kicks it's ass. What do you drive BOY?

10. YOU YOU CALLIN BOY MOTHER FU(KER WHERE THE FU(K ARE YOU GOING TO DO 170 MPH AT YOU STUPID SON OF A BICTH IS YOUR FU(KING BRAIN ROTTED
    THE CAMARO IS A STOP LIGHT TO STOPLIGHT CAR IT'S ALWAYS BEEN FU(KING
    BEEN I DON'T CARE WHAT YOU THINK YOU FU(KING PILE OF DOG SH!T

take that fu(king pick of dale off because your bicth ass an't worthy of showing it YOU fu(king communist #^$^)

11. i agree where the hell you going to do 170 at you really piss peaple off with your crap the camaro just isn't made for high speed GM proved that back in 60's and 70's

12. WHO YOU CALLIN BOY DAMMIT!!!!! DON'T START SH!T WITH ME

i was mainly talking about the 60's i just fraised it wrong

13. this here is chevy proving to every mustang owner that their ford sucks, and the corvette is not the only chevy that can kill a mustang. why do you think it is that every mustang owner needs to soup up the engine? because he realized that it sucks, and has to compensate by dropping megabucks under the hood.

cameros have always been better looking, faster, and this car makes the point well. this is the followup to the sledghammer corvette if you ask me.

14. wholey shit 2.7 to 60 #$%# haning on jsut hope that your eyes dont pop out hitting warp 9, thats a hell of a camaro to bad ill nver have the flow to get one

15. Why will this car break down? Because it's got the horses?? That's the stupidest argument I've ever heard!! If that were true, I could buy a Honda and drive it forever.

The fastest street-legal car was a 55 Chevy running 5.565 in 1998.

John Force runs a Ford-modified specially designed block somewhat like the Hemi-equivilent of a rat motor, not an actual 426 hemi.

Looks to me like this car could turn just fine - regular Camaros do. Why not this one?

16. That's all good... but in 1998 in the NHRA SuperStreet class a '55 Chevy set the World Record as fastest (barely) Street legal car at 5.565 seconds.

17. Well, how about looking up the 1998 NHRA SuperStreet finals. It's not rocketscience. The cars have to be legitimently street legal - everything basic works, tires are not open, and I think the max engine size is 468 or 496, I'm not sure - although really, there's no provision by the DOT for max engine output or size. Do they run slicks? Yes - Maximum 11 by 26, I think. But if you've never seen a car pull the front end with a pair of M/T ET Streets...

18. i think they run 500ci cast iron blocks rating at 1300hp.

19. my correction they run 500ci aluminum hemi blocks.

20. every car beaks down
    tell me one that doesnot and i ll give you 12 bucks

21. Camaro boy how can you even have the name Camaro in your login name
    My friend says you have no idea what you are talking about trust me
    FORD SUCKS Chevy makes some of the best vehicles in the world We have a ford, and a chevy and I will take the Chevy any day Since you have no idea what you are talking about you can FU*# off

22. That's great. My Chevette has no bumper, so it's like a 24-second non-street legal car. I'm telling you about a living man w/ a real car in a nationally publisized magazine that drives his STREET LEGAL car to dairy queen and races it without any pre-race modifications. And it runs low 7's.

23. Car Craft early '01/ late '00, I'll go find it and post the date for sure.

24. 2000 for a 11 second camaro? Gonna bother to make it turn? what .63 on the skids?

Got myself a 404hp 96 Impreza RS, spent a total of 17k for car and mods, street legal, A/C, Reasonably tight soundsystem installed - 11.3 1/4's 0-60 in 'where'd that camaro go'

AND I'll eat any chevy or ford of your choice through the slalom!

Cheers displacement lovers!
    <!-- Signature -->

25. 1. Try .94G's pal.

2. Well I have a street legal Chevelle with 819HP and I just broke into the low 10's for WAY less than you paid. Pulls .92 on the pad.

Thats why American displacement is better, don't try to beat me by the dollar or performance.