Re: It's almost comedy, Mustangs are the downfall to the America

Discussion in '2003 Ford Mustang Mach 1' started by PGT, Aug 9, 2002.

1. But how soon you forget that chevy has screwed up every car that it has brought back. Monte Carlo, once a great car, nice v-8, good looks, rwd. Now that it's come back its a fwd, v-6, box on wheels that dosen't deserve the monte carlo name! Next the impala. They had a great car, rwd, vette engine, sought after by many people. Know its a fwd, v-6, no longer a what it once was. You better hope for chevys sake that they don't do that to the camaro, cause their track record is pretty shitty right now. As far as you 94 firebird, nice car, but 3 years ago I had the chance to buy a 93? mustang that was in the high 10's, low 11's for 8,000, but how does that prove anything? We're talking new cars here. For now just sit back and watch the 2003 cobra be king of the track.

2. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Adam Orrock</i>
    <b>My question is why? Why does Ford continue to roll out with this retarded designs? Has anyone every driven the new Mustangs? Yes, they are an improvement, but what car now a days doesn't improve upon itself. I can't even explain my annoyance I have with Fords idea of so called "sports car". I am an owner of a Corvette C5. I went to look at the new mustangs and get over my discrimination state with Ford. I knew that that car would measure up to my Corvette. The sales person said, "Give her for a spin, you'd be surprized". So I did. And yes i sure was surprized. It just added fuel to my raging fire against Mustangs. It didn't even hold a candle. Not in any sense! It was exactly the same feeling I get when I drive my Dodge Ram. Not fun at all!! Your cramped inside, the windshield is hard to see out of if your tall like me, and it is so underpowered, that you just want to not give it any gas and save yourself the embarrassment.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

you know what else is comdeic? You knoledge about motor vehicles!

3. #53 8694GT, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from American HP</i>
    <b>But how soon you forget that chevy has screwed up every car that it has brought back. Monte Carlo, once a great car, nice v-8, good looks, rwd. Now that it's come back its a fwd, v-6, box on wheels that dosen't deserve the monte carlo name! Next the impala. They had a great car, rwd, vette engine, sought after by many people. Know its a fwd, v-6, no longer a what it once was. You better hope for chevys sake that they don't do that to the camaro, cause their track record is pretty shitty right now. As far as you 94 firebird, nice car, but 3 years ago I had the chance to buy a 93? mustang that was in the high 10's, low 11's for 8,000, but how does that prove anything? We're talking new cars here. For now just sit back and watch the 2003 cobra be king of the track. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

and look just how good looking the new camaro may be if they bring it back. its a shame to look at

http://macamaro.150m.com/2004camaro.html

4. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from fenix4116</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from American HP</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from fenix4116</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from hsckris</i>
    <b>speedster must be smoking crack, for doesn't build a vehicle right now that will get into the same ball park as the Z06 C5 Corvette. and if you consider drivability, ford is severly lacking. oh, by the way speedster, sorry to hear you own a GT, why don't you try and race the next camaro, trans am, corvette, or even nissan maxima (yes, it will beat you) you pull up next to, try not to cry when they pass you.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Actually they won't be passing him they will take him off the line and rip him a new one the rest of the way unless the guy in the Trans is toying with him
    </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I guess you know then that the firebird and camaro ss are around $11,000 more than right! Pretty impressive for a car that cost $11,000 more to out run a mustnag gt. Go head and give yourself a pat on the back, you deserve it. Just wait though, the 2003 cobra cost around $30,000, and it has around 390hp (really more like 420hp). Est quarter mile times are mid 12's, sorry maybe you guys really should'nt be patting each other on the back. Maybe you should go out and buy a new stang so you can keep up. Oh thats right if you want a mucsle car you need to buy a mustang cause they are the only ones left.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->But how soon you forget that the Camaro will be back in 2005 and well i hate to break it to you buddy but i own a 94 trans Am and i got it for get this 7900 and well i will smoke every new mustang gt sitting at the light. Goes to show that i can take that pat on the back i think i deserve it. I will also have you know that i own a 71 mach 1 and with mustang the only way to goes is back cuz once they hit that gay fox body style they were shitty and you can spread that around cuz im not kidding.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    I own two so called shitty f-body mustangs. I bought an 86 with 57,000 miles for 3200 dollars. I have spent about 3,200 on the car including 3.77 gears headers, off road h-pipe, 2 1/2 flowmaster cat back, short throw, K&N, and upper and lower holley manifolds, and world products cylinder heads. With all this and for a total of about 6,800 bucks i gurantee i will smoke your trans am and many vettes unless you have not left it stock, and dont worry about mustangs not keeping up because it is hard to find a stock one running around.

5. #55 stangman, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Vette_Pro</i>
    <b>------------------------
    You are so dumb like car and driver compared the Viper Vette and the Cobra R and ill admit that the Viper and Vette were better in a stright line but when they went through the road course the Cobra R won hands down, So that means that the Cobra R has better handeling.
    ------------------------

It won hands down in the road course? LOL, you need to actually start reading articles. Heres a direct quote:

"The Cobra returned the highest lateral acceleration on the skidpad (0.99 g) but the lowest lap time (1:38.7 at 92.1 mph vs. the Corvette's 1:36.3 at 95.4 mph and the Viper's 1:34.9 at 96.7 mph)."
    http://www.caranddriver.com/xp/Caranddriver/comparisontests/2001/February/200102_comparisontest_yankeeboomers.xml?&page=2

As you can see, the Corvette was easily superior by a good amount to the Stang.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    right, i just want to say one thing, in that car and driver article, it says the mustang and the vette were equal to sixty and the quarter mile, and i will quote "It matches the lighter Corvette in straight-line acceleration to 60 mph and the quarter-mile, propelled by a honking upper range, courtesy of its overhead camshafts"
    corvette z06:0-60 4.5 1/4 mile [email protected] top speed 168
    Cobra R:0-60 4.5 1/4 mile [email protected] top speed 177
    viper gts acr: 0-60 4.3 1/4 mile 12.6 top speed 186
    just wanted to clear that up

6. The Mustang is the weakest link in ford's product line up. I like the focus, The NEAR production GT40, All Lincon's and the MERCURY COUGAR. The Mustang is shitty, old and slow. I can't even see the point of this car anymore. The GT40 will be ford's turnaround car, and will hopefully lead to the mustang's demise. In my opion the only true Bargain muscle cars are the Camaro and Firebird.

<!-- Signature -->

7. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from EAGLEF1</i>
    <b>The Mustang is the weakest link in ford's product line up. I like the focus, The NEAR production GT40, All Lincon's and the MERCURY COUGAR. The Mustang is shitty, old and slow. I can't even see the point of this car anymore. The GT40 will be ford's turnaround car, and will hopefully lead to the mustang's demise. In my opion the only true Bargain muscle cars are the Camaro and Firebird.

Your an idiot. The gt40's return will lead to the mustangs demise? If this is a slow car can you name anything in its class that beats it, uh...NO. Get a f*cking clue idiot.

8. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from EAGLEF1</i>
    <b>The Mustang is the weakest link in ford's product line up. I like the focus, The NEAR production GT40, All Lincon's and the MERCURY COUGAR. The Mustang is shitty, old and slow. I can't even see the point of this car anymore. The GT40 will be ford's turnaround car, and will hopefully lead to the mustang's demise. In my opion the only true Bargain muscle cars are the Camaro and Firebird.

Every post YOU REALLY DO GET DUMBER!! You may not like the looks of the mustang, it's your opinion and thats ok. But calling it old and slow, wow. 12.9sec in the quarter mile is slow? Not in my book.
    As far as the gt-40 being the demise of the mustang, what the fu(k are you talking about? I don't doudt that it will help fords image, but its going to be a $80-100,000 car, how in any way will this hurt the mustangs sales? Thats right it won't.
    Please just don't post if its gonna be dumb shit, because my IQ has droped about 4 points just from reading some of your post.

9. What I meant is that Ford might finally come to their senses and REPLACE the older mustang with a newer version or replace it entirerly with a completely different car. While I like the SVT cobra, I HATE the GT's ugly rims, automatic transmission, laughable power and handling. I think the next version of this car should ONLY be avalible in SVT trim, Because the GT and base just suck.<!-- Signature -->

10. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from EAGLEF1</i>
    <b>What I meant is that Ford might finally come to their senses and REPLACE the older mustang with a newer version or replace it entirerly with a completely different car. While I like the SVT cobra, I HATE the GT's ugly rims, automatic transmission, laughable power and handling. I think the next version of this car should ONLY be avalible in SVT trim, Because the GT and base just suck.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Why would Ford replace the mustang with its long history and very profitable status? If you think that a car that has an automatic OPTION should be gotten rid of, then you'd have basically no cars. Ford is not a stupid company, they offer the option to make a profit, automatics aren't my thing, but a company's goal is to make money not satisfy some dumb kid who's opinion is worthless, you.

11. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Adam Orrock</i>
    <b>My question is why? Why does Ford continue to roll out with this retarded designs? Has anyone every driven the new Mustangs? Yes, they are an improvement, but what car now a days doesn't improve upon itself. I can't even explain my annoyance I have with Fords idea of so called "sports car". I am an owner of a Corvette C5. I went to look at the new mustangs and get over my discrimination state with Ford. I knew that that car would measure up to my Corvette. The sales person said, "Give her for a spin, you'd be surprized". So I did. And yes i sure was surprized. It just added fuel to my raging fire against Mustangs. It didn't even hold a candle. Not in any sense! It was exactly the same feeling I get when I drive my Dodge Ram. Not fun at all!! Your cramped inside, the windshield is hard to see out of if your tall like me, and it is so underpowered, that you just want to not give it any gas and save yourself the embarrassment.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

There has been 60 posts,im too lazy to read them all.
    You call the mustangs designs retarted, yet they outsell the camaro 3-1, doesnt say much about the camaro. "It didn't even hold a candle". You ignorant bastard, look at the price tag and you'll see why. Put half the extra money you'd pay for th vette into the stangs engine and you'll rape the C5.

12. A porsche icon, yet you've own a vette? Well, I guess you couldn't afford a REAL car so you got a corshit instead. Its all good. But now you're comparing a vette to a Mustang, and you didn't clarify if it was a GT or a V6. You people gotta go with the SAME CLASS. I'm tired of chevy fans hiding behind corvette's and Z06's back for backup. You might wanna test drive a 03 Cobra, then you'll be surprised. And since you dont know much, a mustang is not a sports car. It's a "muscle" car, and its the only muscle thats still around. And you wanna talk about cramped? You wear a vette, not sit it, I hope you get that.

13. It's almost comedy that the author is a joke! You must be one of the stupidest people on this site. 1st of The vette is by far more expensive, 2nd of all I don't think that Ford really gives a flying #$%# if your vette is faster, why because their stangs sell better. (guess what the goal of any company is?, It's to make money, not to have a car that's 1.2 seconds faster at the track you ignorent basterd.) 3rd of all If speed is all you care about then take the extra 20 grand that you would spend on the vette and put work into the stang instead. 4thly There is also a thing called regulations, such as street legal cars. Any company could make a car that does 8 #$%#ing second 1/4 miles. Why dont' they? A) it cost more money to do so and B) it wouldn't be street legal. 5thly you got to stop smokeing that crak and get a life, why does everything have to be compared to a car that's faster then the car your looking at? DO i go look at vettes and say well a bugaitti can smoke that pos any day. NO I DON'T FUCKING CARE. Do you know why cause the vette is fast enough where i'm not going to diss on it, and so is the mustang, there is always going to be a car faster then the one you see, so get a life and deal with it. Last but not least seeing how mustangs sell better then any other American cars they are the uprise of you economy.

14. Why were even born. All you can do is spread your stupidity so shut the hell up.

15. You vette fans are bluffing the saleen can kick those vettes and for 20,000 less too and chevys only fast car is the Z06 and ford has the saleen S7 the Roush and other saleens and "THE SPIRIT OF AMERICA"lol the world recond speed car. I mean if John Deer tried they could make a faster tractor that can go faster then the Z06.

16. bring it on ***** i will eat the new cobra on the road. with a stock camaro z28 with very little mods. by the way the handleing still sucks. i drove one it didn't impress me at all. over head cam suck you can't get any torque out of it with out that blower!

17. what about the zo6 vette 12.30s i don't see the cobra doing that! with a naturally aspiredt engine! blowers and more blowers. lose that damn blower.

18. i all reality man the the mustang was made to compeat with the vette u might want to check ur history.

19. Re: It's almost comedy, GM loses their Camaros/Firebirds and now

you ford and viper guys just don't get it that the vette sells over see 75% of corvette sale are over sea's so i don't see them droping the price anytime soon. u might want to get the right info before u open your mouth next time!

20. 2002 and 2003 you can campare an older car to a new one u tard!

21. Re: It's almost comedy, GM loses their Camaros/Firebirds and now

maybe this will help you understand best price for performance. stock 94 firehawk i paid $7,450. 1/4 mile: 13.5. flowmaster muffler, flowtech cat, 4.10 gears, and a k&n: totall price for pats: $722. modified 94 firehawk 1/4 mile: [email protected] 2003 mustang cobra; $35,000. 1/4 mile: 12.7.(thats the best time ive seen on paper) with 381 at the wheels you should run 12.2. GM=PERFORMANCE. FORD=shitbox.

22. Re: It's almost comedy, GM loses their Camaros/Firebirds and now

Nice to meet you retard (not really). Late 80's mustang, $10,000, ran a mid 11 in qaurter mile...whats your point? You can buy lots of great cars for little money, mod them to hell and have a fast car, so what. It says nothing of the company that built the car in the first place. The 2003 mustang svt cobra has ran a best of 12.4 in the quarter mile. With new exhaust it runs in the high 11's. Fastest car for $34,000.
    You=idiot. Me=owning your little ass.

23. I just love how the chevy guys take out their aggression on Fords because their favorite car company sucks balls. They cant handle the fact that Ford is still producing a legacy with sweet performance and selling looks while chevy dropped production of their Crapmaros. This is sad for the chevy guys....it really is. Comparing a pony car with not even 300 cubic inches to a vette with 350! Granted the Pony is supercharged but only running 8 pounds of boost.....its not that much guys. You need to either jump on the Ford ban wagon or stop whining about your pathetic Generic Motors downfalls. I know its a bitter pill to swallow but face it.......Chevy cant hang man! GM makes a dope Cadillac Escalade but they cant produce a legend besides the vette. Oh and dont forget Fords new GT40 but thats in a league of its own.

24. dont get me wrong I love mustangs

but the same hp as focus wrc?

WHY GOD WHY

25. Even though GM is the Largest car company, Ford's revenue is much larger than GM, how can Ford be falling behind GM, if they sell more cars and trucks than GM and also, the blue oval is the most recognized icon in the world. Ford is a richer company than GM. Also, how is Ford chasing GM, when ford is the first company to mass produce cars. If anything GM has been chasing ford with the muscle car category. Mustangs came out first and GM decided they wanted a piece of that market as well. But even still, Mustangs outsell camaros/firebirds/firhawks/corvettes combined. GM is still using Pushrod engines, ford is using modular engines, and you say Ford is far behind? Who's technology is in question. If Ford is outselling Gm no matter what they got, do you think Ford cares if their SS can whoop a GT? Your not looking at the big picture here....Its a numbers game, if your product outsells the competition no matter what they have got, what reason do you have to try to out do them. The 2001 Cobra...320HP from a 4.6. GM's SS 325Hp from a 5.7, who is falling behind again??? GM is going to join the bandwagon and use a 350 cubic inch modular engine in their new camaro. Falling behind??? Where do you get your information from.