Re: It's fast, but boring.

Discussion in '1999 Blitz Skyline GT-R R348' started by VR4, Aug 10, 2002.

1. I got no problem with a fast car looking like every other car out there..cops won't notice it.

2. It's fast, but boring.

Has anyone out there noticed that the Skyline looks just like evry other street car out there. For the price, you would think they could come up with a cool body design.

3. what the hell are you talking about you moron? name some other cars that look anything like the skyline (besides older skylines you #%$)<!-- Signature -->

4. Uh... Let's see every other nissan, and most Honda's... All of them have the same sedan like body style.

5. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from YoMamma</i>
    <b>Uh... Let's see every other nissan, and most Honda's... All of them have the same sedan like body style.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --> "sedan-like body styles"??? what, man get your head checked! The Skyline is a 2 door, therefor bearing ZERO resemblence to a 4 door. Im gonna name some KEY styling factors of the Skyline and then see if any honda shares them...

1) Huge Fenders
    2) Large Wing (Stock)
    3) Round Tail-lights
    4) Big Rims

Yeah, name a Honda that has any of those features buddy. And if you even try to tell me an S2000 looks like a skyline i am gonna hunt you down and kill you.<!-- Signature -->

6. Yah, but when nissan decided to make a high performance car, they should have put a more original touch to the body. Everyone who pays close attention to cars can identify things like huge fenders, and big rims. The only thing is it only has appeal to car enthusiasts. The average person(In the US) wouldn't notice a skyline if it bit them in the ass.
    They could have at least tried something like vents in the hood, or more aggressive looking ground effects. Or something that at least looks more aerodynamic.

7. ahahaa, what car currently imported from japan to the USA looks like a Skyline??? this car is so original looking! true, it doesnt look aerodynamic, but you can't tell me this looks like any other car. BE SPECIFIC if you want to carry on this pointless arguement! give me a make and model that this car looks like!<!-- Signature -->

8. Well, the biggest thing I noticed is that the Hood, upper grille, and headlights all look a lot like a Honda, and there are so many hondas putting around that when you look at this car from the front it gives a honda image. The rear of the car looks original, and like it's a fast car, but the front really needs work. I can tell the difference between the skyline and other cars, and I'm sure you can tell the difference. But when your showing your car off to average people, It looks like the same old thing they've seen before.
    Of course a couple of really nice body kits would remedy this rather quickly.

9. I don't see any resemble between the two sets of lights at all, especially since the Honda in the picture has what look like longer lights. And the grill on the Skyline is more of a Rectangle while the Honda is more edgy. True, the Hood looks similar, but so does the hood on my mom's 95' BMW 740i. It's just a very widely used "design" of a hood. More than a design, on most cars the engine is taller in the middle, so the hood gets a little hump in it. Not much you can do about that.<!-- Signature -->

10. your the dumbest piece of shit u know that momma?

11. I have found that its a 50 50 chance that someone will like how this car looks. A lot of my friends i have shown it to think it looks normal or ugly, others (me included) love how it looks and stands out, but not too much, which is my favorite part.

12. your all stupid, Skylines cannot be messed with whichever way you look at it.I know, i own a R34 fools<!-- Signature -->

13. I wish I can make my Skyline looks like any other cars out there... But I can't... It's so stand out that Police would never let me pass by without a glance... Besides, why do every people out there should think that a fast car is always the ones that look different to the other cars?<!-- Signature -->

14. Uh, I have something to tell you. Skylines are illegal in the U.S.. Yeah, sure you have a Skyline... it probably sits in your garage and collects dust, huh? I don't mean to offend you, but you might get your car sent back to Japan if they find you driving around in it.<!-- Signature -->

15. Err, there are a couple of Skyline cruisin' around US streets legally...<!-- Signature -->

16. All i gotta say is no american car will stand up to the Skylines 4WD system,the car has already been dubbed the Ultimate Driving Expierience so obviously this car kicks some major ass.U cant say it looks boring,it looks aggressive unlike american chick cars like corvettes and mustangs

17. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SoupedUpSupra</i>
    <b>Uh, I have something to tell you. Skylines are illegal in the U.S.. Yeah, sure you have a Skyline... it probably sits in your garage and collects dust, huh? I don't mean to offend you, but you might get your car sent back to Japan if they find you driving around in it.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    No, you can import them through MotoRex and they make the changes necessary to make US laws. You can also get upgrades from them<!-- Signature -->

18. man. what is wrong with you people. why are you even stressing. this car is gay. fast. but gay. ok its illegal fist off. sacond off its around 100000 dollars. ok people listen up. your gonna go pay that much money for this car for it to go that fast when you can buy any other japcrap and make just as fast as this for cheaper. yea. i said japcrap. if you want a real car go get a euro car people.

19. SKYLINE IS THE SHIT

IM IN THE NAVY MAN CURRENTLY STATION IN JAPAN AND I HAVE A SKYLINE GTR 34. CAN YOU SAY 1500 HP.

IF YOU WANT TO RACE JUST TELL ME AND THEN WE COULD JUST BE QUIET AFTER . OK.

20. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from wrxluver818</i>
    <b>man. what is wrong with you people. why are you even stressing. this car is gay. fast. but gay. ok its illegal fist off. sacond off its around 100000 dollars. ok people listen up. your gonna go pay that much money for this car for it to go that fast when you can buy any other japcrap and make just as fast as this for cheaper. yea. i said japcrap. if you want a real car go get a euro car people.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

So you think your WRX is better than the Skyline? HAHAHA... Who needs to grow up, now? Lemme guess, just turned 18 yesterday, right?<!-- Signature -->

21. Re: SKYLINE IS THE SHIT

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from LUISFELIX</i>
    <b>IM IN THE NAVY MAN CURRENTLY STATION IN JAPAN AND I HAVE A SKYLINE GTR 34. CAN YOU SAY 1500 HP.

IF YOU WANT TO RACE JUST TELL ME AND THEN WE COULD JUST BE QUIET AFTER . OK.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Cool, man... Are you in Okinawa?<!-- Signature -->

22. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from VR4</i>
    <b>I got no problem with a fast car looking like every other car out there..cops won't notice it.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Thats why they call them Sleepers.

To also scare the shit out of people who dont know about cars. Thats a great feeling.<!-- Signature -->

23. oi seriously dudes... chill out...
    who cares if cars look SIMILAR to others... what y'all want? a chicken coop on the roof to make the car stand out? most pre-996 Porsches look like friggin VW beetles but i know that i for one can tell the friggin difference.
    point is, if u know your cars, you can appreciate them. not just what they look like. btw the Skyline is beautiful... it looks like its got a fukkin pair (and its got the goods to back it up)... unlike a pissy lil' Integra lookin all sleek and streamlined wishing it was faster than a friggin broken washing machine bouncing across the floor... <!-- Signature -->