Re: I've driven one!!!

Discussion in '1994 McLaren F1' started by McLarenF1Chick, Aug 10, 2002.

1. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from McLaren_Man</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Ferrari F60</i>
    <b>there is no way u got up to 240mph because the guy who got the record had was a professional driver and had to go to the VW proving grounds cuz that was one of the only places where it was possible to get to such speeds with that car. and u would have to be a racecar driver to go that fast because it is extremely hard to handle a car at such speeds.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Not really otherwist they'd only sell the car to race pros wouldn't they?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    umm... yea because they don't expect people to drive at topspeed.<!-- Signature -->

2. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from McLaren_Man</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Renegade</i>
    <b>Hey McLaren Man congrats on drivin dat piece of art
    so how did u feel to be behind the steerin wheel
    just dont press the gas padel to hard cauz u may end up some where else rather then the finishe line

so take care man.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

It's Fuckin mental I managed to flat out to 240... The clutch gets a bit warm though and you run out of fuel... But get reloded and speed off... The acceleration makes you faint if you are not fit enough!!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --> 240MPH? did you drive it in the USA? IF you did, then you must be lying, because the only F1s that go that fast are the LMs. There are only 6 McLaren F1s in the USA and none of them are LMs.<!-- Signature -->

3. Hey CrashedF40-

That's not true. There a far more than 6 in the United States. By my calculations there are closer to 14. It is true however that the LM has never made it over, unless of course, it's slipped passed my radar.
    <!-- Signature -->

4. Oh yeah, one more thing. The LM has a top speed lower than the standard F1 due to aerodynamic restrictions caused by the additional wings. Some sources say the top speed for the LM is around 225 mph, but I think it’s probably closer to 205-210 mph .<!-- Signature -->

5. a question, he said 240. who says MPH? I believe kph, but not mph.

then, if it comes to believing, i dont understand most of you, first McLaren_Man's position, and then those "YOU LIE!"-people.

is it of ANY IMPORTANCE if it is true or not? If it is, then McLaren_Man must suck to show-off by saying this, especially cause hw knows that people will say that he lies.

Then, why does he tell it to us? If he doesnt suck, he should give us some story about it and all the stuff. I know, it might be all pieced together from fantasy, but for sure its more believeable then.

I dont need to hear that he drove it, cause every mother#$%#er out there can say that, but i wanna hear how it was how it felt like how whatever, but not the pain information.<!-- Signature -->

6. McLarenMan.......................YOU ARE A F*CKIN PIECE OF LYIN
    SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIT! WE ALL KNOW
    WHO'S REALLY DRIVEN ONE, NOW DONT YOU?!?!<!-- Signature -->

7. #57 Guided by Voices, Aug 10, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    actually there is a McLaren F1 LM in the U.S.
    i saw it in my du pont registy at fox valley motorcars
    only thing was that it was black...which doesnt make sense cause they only made 5 orange ones..
    anyone have any info or care to elaborate???

its now at motorcars international

http://www2.dupontregistry.com/search/srDetails.asp?itemid=25251&sessionkey={60F6C143-1D90-4178-B447-084392628A02} actually there is a McLaren F1 LM in the U.S.
    i saw it in my du pont registy at fox valley motorcars
    only thing was that it was black...which doesnt make sense cause they only made 5 orange ones..
    anyone have any info or care to elaborate???

its now at motorcars international

http://www2.dupontregistry.com/search/srDetails.asp?itemid=25251&sessionkey= <!-- Signature -->

8. Actually McLaren will convert any of the GTR race cars to road cars, and since the LM is based off the GTR, the LM looks alot like the LM. But that does bring up an interesting question, i have alist from McLaren's official list of cars and it has the serial number of all the F1 and thier paint scheme. And for two of the LMs it says "black+graphics". I always heard all were papaya orange, but this list says different.<!-- Signature -->

9. hey xxllrr88, maybe you should back off McLaren-Man and deal with your own problems, like who the hell in their right mind buys a Camaro and then brags about it? I think you're just mad you have to settle for a stupid Chevrolet when other people get to drive something like an F1, so lay off until you get a real car.

10. ok if he drive a McLaren then good for him and a camero or vette who kill most cars so he can brag

11. I have one question for you MclarenMan, how did the window role down? Answer this correctly and I know you probably aren't lyin, I've never been able to find information on this, I only know how the role down from personal experience.

I was in a car with a friend in the burbs of San Fransisco one day, he was giving me a ride in his dads brand new vette, we pull up to a stop light in the left lane, and this beautiful black car pulls up on our right, neither one of us know what the hell it is, I role down my window and make a roll down your window gesture to the mysterious black car, the guy inside roles his window down and I ask "what kind of car is that?" he simply replied "This my friend is a Mclaren F1" I told my friend to try and drag the F1, and he did, I swear the guy driven the F1 was just playin with us, he kept dead even with us for about 3 seconds, then ditched us and rounded a corner two blocks up, I never saw that beautiful car again, though my friend says he's seen it a few times since then on really nice days. Apparently it's owned by a local doctor or something like that.

12. Hey McLarenMan, where do you live? I mean what region do you reside in?

13. To say you seen one is one thing , so say you drove one is quite another , if you were to say you seen one i would probably belive you , when you say you drove one i don't belive you.
    and for the person who wants to know about the windows , there power windows and there are two switches on either side of the driver , one right behind the gear shift and the other is near the handbrake.

14. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from McLaren_Man</i>
    <b>Yes i have, god it is so fast! woo hoo!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

You sir are a dumbass :p<!-- Signature -->

15. Even seeing one has to be pretty rare. With 100 and most spending thier time in a garage or on private roads, it must be rare to see them on public roads.<!-- Signature -->

16. MR2Man, you saw one in San Francisco? I have been in SF every week 3 times a week for the last 6 years and I have never seen that car, so what part of town was it in?

17. mmm, this car fast it is a fantsy car it looks so muchbetter in real life <!-- Signature -->

18. im not gonna be an idiot and say i have driven one of these cars but i know someone who has. a guy i know about 3 years ago went to miami (from australia) on a basketball tour. in miami they managed somehow to stay in the riches part of town. any way my friend stayed with the guy who is 2nd in charge on IBM computers. the guy had a McLAREN F1 in the garage which he owned. my friend was alowed to drive it but only along the drive way which was pretty long and was only alowed to go about 20kph or 13mph, not fast but hell, he got to drive it hey.

if you ask me for proof well i'm not gonna reply because i havnt got any, howevery i am not one to lie and do not have any pictures of this car or the house, however i have seen photos.

19. only the small part of the window roles down.By the way The IBM guy who owns it i have seen him collect his car.<!-- Signature -->

20. So far I have driven a Detomaso Pantera, a DeLorean DMC, and......ya'll ready for this? A Diablo. I have also flown a Harvard and a Spitfire. It's not quite a McLaren, but hey you work with what you got, right?

None of them were mine. The Detomaso was my uncles friends, and the Delorean was my neighbors. The Diablo belonged to my uncles boss whom we have known for years. The Harvard I flew at an airshow in Canada and it cost me 200 bucks for a 20 minute ride. The Spitfire I flew at an airshow in England and cost me 150 pounds for 10 minutes.

<!-- Signature -->

21. F1 or Sex?

Picture the most beautiful, sexy, attractive person you've ever seen. Now picture yourself with an opportunity to be "alone" with them for ONE HOUR.

~now~

Picture yourself alone behind the wheel of the Mclaren F1 for one hour, wherever you want it to be....test track, open road, city, whatever.

Which do you choose?

I choose USA Playboy's miss november 1999. She's a Torontonian like me, and one seriously awesome chick. She must be eh!

~consideration~

Saying that you'd take the car to pick up chicks for sex would be very unwise. It would eat away at your one hour of driving time....and remember you had the opportunity to pick the woman you'd have sex with which you turned down for the car. Any woman you'd pick up in the car obviously wouldn't be the same woman you'd have chosen instead of the car. So instead of Miss November 1999 you'd be picking up miss hairy armpits at dairy queen, and losing time in the car for it.

22. Re: F1 or Sex?

Definitely the F1!Ever,ever,ever!
    I think there are billions of hot chicks out there but there is only one car that seems perfect to me!
    ->F1

23. Re: F1 or Sex?

you guys are cool.

24. Re: F1 or Sex?

how so?

25. Re:

sex is over-rated. id definantly pick F1 for an hour. there are millions of beautiful women out there, you can go pick one of them up and have their company for the whole night. but there are only a little over 100 McLarens, you have more of a chance seeing one in person than you do driving one. unless you are an owner or know a generous owner, driving a McLaren is a rare opportunity.