Re: Jaguar VS BAR - whos coming out on top this season?

Discussion in '2002 Jaguar R3' started by turbo power, Aug 9, 2002.

1. I think that it will all come to how well jag is able to fix the front wing. If they get it right jag if they fail bar.<!-- Signature -->

2. Based on the past few years with BAR and JAG I'd say Jag as long as they have fewer reliability problems

3. maybe bar coz of its experience?<!-- Signature -->

4. Jaguar VS BAR - whos coming out on top this season?

id stray a bit on the wild side and say BAR.they know they have to put up or shut up this season, and last year was a great improvement.for jag, they need less driver termoil and more driver podiums.itll be close, but BAR will rais the bar on last years performance output.(good pun)<!-- Signature -->

5. Have to say BAR until Jag can rectify things OFF the track. As soon as that happens the ball is back in their court, though, as the Jags are still faster and better backed.<!-- Signature -->

6. Go BAR

7. I think probably BAR, I would like to see Jag do well but Honda has a revolutionary new engine design, if you remember Suzuka last season, The Honda powered cars of Jordan qualified faster than anyone else. So if they just evolved that engine it will do well. Although Cosworth engines have been known to be extremely powerful, Last seasons engine was said to be making around 840hp it was just on a shitty chassis. So I guess we'll have to see, But I'm predicting BAR

8. GT Bugatti said:

" if you remember Suzuka last season, The Honda powered cars of Jordan qualified faster than anyone else"

Um, did they? Everyone except M Schumacher, JPM, Ralf, Rubens, Hakkkinen, Fisichella, Coulthard. Oh, and Button & Heidfeld. ;-) Although Alesi did top practice times during one session - surely not for PR purposes, on his
    last F1 drive...

Onto the subject of this thread, I think that BAR will have the better of Jaguar - Jag are still without their own wind tunnel, which is a major handicap. Let's hope the BAR004's chassis is free of the torsional flex that gave BAR003 understeer AND oversteer in the same corner! (and baffled race engineers and drivers trying to set the cars up at the circuits) I think Jag have to watch out for Arrows - it would be a major embarassment if the customer Cosworth engined team beat out the factory outfit!

Here's a funny one: the new Ford chairman, a decendent of Henry Ford was apparently incandescent with rage upon discovering that the person who draws the second highest annual salary at Ford is none other than Edmund Irvine - a man who he had never heard of!

9. Ferrari. Schumacher. Enough said.

10. ahh, so all along ferrari has secretly been owning BAR or Jag, and now they will show themselves...interesting.does that mean ferrari is actually Jag or BAR???<!-- Signature -->

11. Yeah, that ferrari comment was well off topic. I love Michael and the prancing horse and all that, but let's stick to the point...I think that BAR will have an early season advantage over Jaguar since the leaping cat's team has already found a major flaw with their front wing, resulting in much less downforce than the windtunnel testing show'd they should have. They'll get it solved, but it may take them a while. By mid-season the kitty should be purring nicely; although i wouldn't go so far as to say they'd be among the top three, i would say they'd be near the top midfield. BAR will be much better this year than last...they HAVE to be. But they have shown a cripling inneptitude for developing a car over the duration of a season in their first three years. The car starts off promising, but then seems to kinda trail off with only the random peaks in performance like those two freak podiums that Jacques got after all the leaders fell out of the race. Hopefully for them this year will be different, maybe David Richards will be able to help them...but i'm gonna give Jag the nod for the end of season points tally...we'll see though, i could be very wrong.

12. Well CorvetteZ06 it wasn't too off the wall. If you think about it, it does say whos coming out on top this season and we are talking about F1. I just stated my opinoin that Schumacher and Ferrari will win this years F1 over Jaguar, BAR, McLaren-Mercedes and all the other teams.

13. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Poloman17</i>
    <b>Well CorvetteZ06 it wasn't too off the wall. If you think about it, it does say whos coming out on top this season and we are talking about F1. I just stated my opinoin that Schumacher and Ferrari will win this years F1 over Jaguar, BAR, McLaren-Mercedes and all the other teams.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->hey, no hard feelings bud, and my comment was much more rude than his, but lets try to stay on topic, who do U think will come out on top, jag or BAR..enough with the reds, we all know they'll win.hehe<!-- Signature -->

14. Its going to be very close. Jaguar has a better engine but a worse chasis. BAR has the better driver combo. We will have to wait until Adelaide

15. I think BAR will do better than Jaguar this season. Although both teams did poorly on the Australian GP in Melbourne. I think the Honda engine is better than the Cosworth engine, I'm not sure about the chassis. They both have a capability of doing well because they both have great drivers like Jacques Villeneuve (BAR) and Eddie Irvine (Jaguar), they just need to improve on their cars.