Re: Just wodering: does Mercedes produce any cars with maual tra

Discussion in '2003 Mercedes-Benz SL 55 AMG' started by MAB062183, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Just wodering: does Mercedes produce any cars with maual transmi

Do they?

2. um? yeah!......c230,c240,slk230, most of the new w211 e class like the e500! and more!

3. Yes they do. But I think they've been putting them in the wrong cars. AMG needs to start in on Manual Transmissions. Big time. I hope they give the SLR a manual.<!-- Signature -->

4. Life is too short to drive a manual.<!-- Signature -->

5. Holy shit, whoever wrote that lifes too short to drive a manual is dumb as hell and obviously has never had the pure enjoyment of revving the engine to 6000 rmp, quickly pushing the clutch shifting into second and releasing launching your car and your body into instant adrenaline pumping and pure euphoric speed. Im dissapointed in mercedes and in many car manufacturers latly which have chosen to replace manuals with trip tronic and sport shifts which have nothin close to the enjoyment and control a real manual give the car. and thats all i gots to say

6. I AGREE!!! I'VE NEVER SEEN ANYONE PULL A REAL IMPRESSIVE BURNOUT WITH AN AUTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<!-- Signature -->

7. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from bjsiegz</i>
    <b>I AGREE!!! I'VE NEVER SEEN ANYONE PULL A REAL IMPRESSIVE BURNOUT WITH AN AUTO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

damn right! merc really does need to put manuals in more of their cars

8. Wrong, you forgot one, the C230sport-coupe, just not the sedan.<!-- Signature -->

9. mate alot if u haven't got the vibe so far>
    but neway their autos are the best out there!
    later<!-- Signature -->

10. actually, it is better if merc does put an auto in their cars. The 5 speeds are garbage. they are VERY rough to shift. I have driven a 190e 2.3-16 and its wasnt as smooth as an S2000 or a Miata. In other words it feels like a pencil being driven thorugh a bucke of concrete. If you want a good 5 speed benz get one built before 1960 or so. Seems after that the merc 5 speeds went downhill.

11. Thanks guys for the feedbcack. Special thanks to Emdec55 for giving me a list. I am checking out those cars as we speak. And I must agree with 180SXTC that I have seen some pretty quick auto trans 0-60 times from MB on this site, including this car. Thanks again, guys. I appreciate it.

12. The new semi-automatics are much worse than striaght autos though. You click a button and the engine burps, but nothing much happens. Downshifting in a "sport" auto sucks.<!-- Signature -->

13. I also think that the 2001 SL600 Silver Arrow Special Edition has one. I think that they should stop putting them into their damn sedans and put them in their Sports cars. Peace.<!-- Signature -->