Re: lack of effort in design for G35 coupe

Discussion in '2003 Infiniti G35 Sport Coupe' started by gargantuan, Aug 9, 2002.

1. lack of effort in design for G35 coupe

Don't you think they could have tried a bit harder to show a difference b/t the G35 coupe and the 350Z? They may be virtually identical mechanicaly, but do they have to have the same fenders, c-pillar, and nearly everything else besides the front and rear lights? The only thing they changed, body-wise, was the more prominent shoulder line building towards the rear. If this is the Skyline in Japan, I could just hear the cries of pain all the way over here.<!-- Signature -->

2. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from oldraven</i>
    <b>Don't you think they could have tried a bit harder to show a difference b/t the G35 coupe and the 350Z? They may be virtually identical mechanicaly, but do they have to have the same fenders, c-pillar, and nearly everything else besides the front and rear lights? The only thing they changed, body-wise, was the more prominent shoulder line building towards the rear. If this is the Skyline in Japan, I could just hear the cries of pain all the way over here.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Sorry but I like the fact Nissans cars look like there from the same Family, Just like Cadillac has been doing and even Honda for that matter.

Whats wrong with looking similar? Plus I think the G35 looks Amazing (still rather have the 4 door). Also the new GTR is butter, and actually prettier than the older model.<!-- Signature -->

3. design cues are a great thing. to look like a nissan or an infiniti, I see no problem with that. In fact, I think that a car company should make it a point to make an image that can be noticed in all it's machines. But in this case, it realy looks like they stuck a few bells and whistles on one car and called it something else. The gt-r concept looks awesome, but they should keep with the inline six. It's already been proven as a strong power plant, and inlines are less problematic and longer lasting in most applications than a v6.<!-- Signature -->

4. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Camshaft</i>
    <b>Is it just me or is there a hint of RX-8 in the rear?
    </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I think it's just you. I know it's not me. Now I have to go look at the ass of the rx-8. Here they are. Take another look. I think you should. Truthfully, I think the rx-8 is twice the car as the 350Z, but that's just my opinion. The new Z looks like they were only half done the design work. Now I don't need 50 people screamin' at me over this. It's just my opinion.<!-- Signature -->

5. I like the design work for both . And o sorry your rx-8 won't touch the 350Z.

6. YOU shouldnt have been surprised that infinity would make a car that would resemble a car from nissan coz theyre the same company! Just like toyota and lexus, and honda and acura...

7. exactly. The G35 is a little nicer, with a couple of jump seats in the back. It still has some bite to it tho. The 350z was designed from the floor up as a sport car. The G35 is that sport car that has been a little bit domesticated. I test drove the 350Z Track model a couple of weeks ago, and it is a truly impresive new car. Sounds purrdy, and the manual 6 speed shifts like a dream. (I had never driven a 6 speed, and really had a ball. The first 5 are close ratio, and the 6th is wide.) The track model comes standard with 18 inch rubbers and a drilled brembo brake package. the sport seats were comfortably snug....I'm thinking about trading in my 94 300ZX. The Base model (28,000) is a much better deal than the top model (track model, 36,000). You get some badass wheels and brakes, but it isnt worth the extra dough, I would rather spend it myself on tweaks I choose. Nismo is developing a twin turbo kit for it. Should be interesting.

8. Ford and Holden, Pontiac and Chevrolet and the list goes on and on

9. What doesn't GM own???

10. They own Pontiac, Chevrolet, Buick, Oldmobile, Cadillac, GMC, I think some part of Toyota because of the Matrix, and most likely others...that I dont remember

11. I beleiieve they own a part of Subaru too if I'm not mistaken. Plus they own stock in companies involved with everything like manufacturing and electronics. I think one day GM will decide to conquer the world by buying everything.

12. Sorry, I must correct myself. I had to do a project on a multi national company and so I naturally chose GM. They actually distribute Suzuki, Subaru and Daewoo. They also own the majority of Daewoo. They have partnerships with Fiat and Renault. They have manufacturing contracts with BMW. They also own around 16 of their own brands. Plus DirecTV and a locomotive company, and a satellite company. Oh yeah, and they build APCs for the military.

13. That's about everything

14. And they spun off Delphi Automotive, and EDS systems.

15. They must be making crazy money

16. Largest automotive company in the world.
    Crazy fact: Didi you know Hyundai, (makers of the tiburon) are the world's largest ship builder? Mitsubishi are number two. I didn't even known they made ships.

17. I knew Mitsubishi did but Hyundai, damn...

18. Those Korean companies are crazy. Except for Daewoo. Terrible cars.

19. Cant Agree more

20. I love the way this car looks, the G35 is so much better looking that the nissan

21. Well in some ways they are both the same

22. actually the 350 and G35 do not share one piece of sheetmetal

23. What are you talking about? Would you perfer a G20. This car looks sweet. The inside is kind of shabby, but the body styling is like crazy. It's cool. It's one of the best infinitis. The QX 45 is also cool.

24. The G35 is by far the best car to buy for that price range. The new AWD G35 is going to stun people when it is introduced in December.