Re: Lotus elise vs F40 tuned to death

Discussion in '2002 Lotus Elise Type 72' started by tatan, Aug 10, 2002.

1. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from amenasce</i>
    <b>the reason the Elise could keep up with the F40 is becaue of the Track ..this track is called Monthlery , its a very old track that hasnt been updated for some years and where you cant go faster than 220 kmh ..and with a lot of holes ..i live nearby ( sort of ..like 30 mns from my palce ..)

So would you trash your 350 k $ car in such a place? whereas an Elise cost 30 k$ ..

Now of course the elise is an amazing car , and one with 170 hp must be splendd on a track but its not the same thing as an F40. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Saluto ami du pays des fromages qui puent !!

"L'auto-Journal" a poussé une 911 turbo à 304kmh à Monthléry.
    D'ailleurs c'est leur record.

Je l'ai lu dans un de leur hors série "spécial essais".

2. you cant get an adequate comparision of the 911, if you dont know how fast the elise and ferrari were going

3. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from ScrewLoose</i>
    <b>If, in fact, it was an Elise GT1, then the F40 would stand no chance at all. Think about it... 500-600 bhp in a super-lightweight compact roadster body, compared to 450-500 horses in a big ol' Ferrari body.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->I don't see how 80 kgs is a great difference in weight.<!-- Signature -->

4. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Rafale</i>
    <b>Maybe it was an EliseGT1. That car also has about 500/600 BHP. You never get to see the outside of the car so I reckon it was one of those.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

The gt1 is damn hardcore but i dont think it is a gt1. i,ve seen inside one and it has rpm/temp dials etc on the center dash. also has a smaller screen. the little elise would totally whip the f40, god bless its soul, with a tvr straight 6. Then again it wouldnt be a lotus.

5. Bye bye F355...
    bye bye Catheram...
    Bye bye 911...
    Bye bye 3200GT...

Some must have cryed at the end of the session...
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    They are not racing with the elise at all,they're going pretty slow,just practicing.So don't get too excited,if they are all
    having equal drivers as the elise,and driving them hard ,the elise will have a very hard time.

6. It just shows you how good the Elise is...

7. F40.<!-- Signature -->

8. Yea it was probably some kind of practise cause all the other cars are letting the f40 and elise pass them like nothing. The car is a 111s 100%

9. Yea it was probably some kind of practise cause all the other cars are letting the f40 and elise pass them like nothing. The car is a 111s 100%

10. Yea it was probably some kind of practise cause all the other cars are letting the f40 and elise pass them like nothing. The car is a 111s 100%

11. You have NO clue of what you are talking about.

It was a 170hp tuned Elise ,with upgraded brakes , and all the racing stuff.

A well driven Clio Sport 172 can pass a 3200GT on a twisty track (I got the evidence from a track day at Folembray) , no surprise an Elise can eat these heavy cars.

Do you even drive ??

12. what are you talking about 80 KGs?

the F40 is around 1100kg, and the lotus around 700... with my math that's 400 kgs.. and it DOES make a difference..

btw, we have no clue what is going on in this "race" lol..

for starters, we don't know what kinda event this is... if it's just an open session, or an actual event...

if it's an open session, there could be a bunch of "people with nice cars" just driving around playing with thier investments.

Not to mention if it was an open track day, OR an event of some sort, these could be warm up laps, all the other cars might just be getting used to the track.

for anyone that's been at a track (I haven't so correct me if I'm wrong) don't you generally run slow laps to start off your track time, just to warm up, and get a feel for the track and the conditions? I personally wouldn't go 110% with my 400k investment (and my life, and the investments of others around me)

oh well, food for thought

-siv