Re: M5 vs E55AMG

Discussion in '2001 BMW M5' started by BMW M5 MAN, Aug 9, 2002.

1. I hate the way the Mercedes looks, the Beemer looks so much better, especially the Hamann version. And the engine is better too. I would rather be seen in the M5 than in any other car. The F1 is nice, but it's too much of a racing car. It's not practical enough. The M5 is practical, fast, and comfortable. Besides, it could already smoke 98% of the people that pull up beside me at a stop light. By the way, what is the correct spelling of Beemer? Bimmer? i've seen so many diufferent versions.

2. Bimmer refers to BWM motorcycles, and Beemer to the cars, I believe. But then again, I might have it backwards.<!-- Signature -->

3. m5 all the way baby!! their 2 great....if u like auto and comfort stick with the e55...Laterz

4. Just some stats from the new E55 AMG coming in 2003.

power 476 hp
    torque 700 Nm+
    transmission six speed manual
    weight 1665 kg

And of course stunning looks.<!-- Signature -->

5. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from V12</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from FAREL 40</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from snyper</i>
    <b>M5, simple, nothing to it. and with the supercarged version of the E55 that is cool considering that u need it even to come to close, oh and by the way the next gen M5 will have a naturally aspirated 5 litre V8 putting out about 500bhp, have a nice day.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

next gen E55 will have a 470hp Supercharged V8 (5.0 Liters) and next gen M5 wil have a 500hp N/A V10 (5.0 Liters)</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->I've heard that the next M5 will have a 450 hp V10. SO if that's true the E55 will have more power. But power isn't everything, weight is also a very important factor. The current E55 weighs less than the M5. If that reamins the same then the E55 could accelerate faster also with less hp. The next E55 is only 16 kg heavier than the current version.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

But though mercs have better power they usually have poorer performance values than bmws...<!-- Signature -->

6. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from JimTheBob</i>
    <b>Bah. Mercedes is retarded. If they'd get off their 'We're Too Good For Old-Fashioned Manuals' high horse they'd get a ton more respect. No doubt BMW has better engines (more HP out of smaller displacement w/ same aspiration.. hmm), but from what I hear the E55 handles better. Who knows. I havn't driven either. I'd take either, though.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

First of all an M5 shouldn't be compared to a tuned Mercedes (BMW M5 Man). Second of all you are loser JimTheBob and you need to learn some respect. Mercedes is a company of prestige and quality of the highest nature. They have cars that offer blinding speed (CLK-GTR) and cars that offer luxury and ride quality like no other (S600). I personally am a Bimmer fan, but that doesn't change the fact that M-Benz is a respectable company.<!-- Signature -->

7. Lets not forget mercedes SL55 AMG there's nothing BMW's got available that can match that.

Both companies make good cars for simular people who want diffrent things its that simple.

8. BMW M : I think you'll find that the E55 AMG is as much a modified vehicle as the M5 is. They are both produced by proper factory divisions, not by an independent tuning firm. Therefore it is perfectly acceptable to compare the E55 AMG to the M5, as they are clearly natural rivals.<!-- Signature -->

9. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from HEINEKEN</i>
    <b>They're both great and none of you will ever have one, so shut the f*ck up, with this nonsense that the mercedes is a piece of shit. jezus christ</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I agree wit you guy.<!-- Signature -->

10. For all you retards out there let me give you a brief lesson in Economics.

There is something called Supply and Demand,
    With this supplies meet demands accordingly.
    Mercedes-Benz realize (and BMW DONT!) that there is a small market for Powerful Manual Luxury Sedans, hence they don’t make them as the people who drive them aren’t young business men but older conservative drivers who cant be F***ed changing gears every couple of seconds.
    Why would Mercedes-Benz care about retards like you who don’t like the E-55? You can't afford anything in that price range so your opinions on the car have no effect on the profits for Mercedes.
    Mercedes push more volume into the market and sell more cars, they create more profits and are growing; BMW are not increasing profits nor losing them, yet if the continue to make cars without profit in mind they might find themselves with a very small budget which will drastically effect the build quality of there cars soon after their financial problems transpire.
    <!-- Signature -->

11. I have a video of an M5 completely destroying a 500E Benz its not even funyny how much it beat it, i think it was like 10 car lengths or mayb a lil less.

12. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from immAM5driVer</i>
    <b>no offense to all you people who sit here and post car comparisons, but i've had enough of seeing "M5 v.s. ____". there is no road car with a v8 that will even come close to beating an M5. And if there were a car i'd be willing to admit it. so just because i have an M5 and i'm and avid BMW driver, that dosen't mean that i would back the M5 against ANY car. Only against any stock road car with a v8 on the road right now.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Are you sure you mean that Ms.5 ?
    I repeat your quote: "against any stock road car with a V8 on the road right now".
    Because you will be very surprised and saddened by your smoking defeat from the stock AMG SL55's 5.5L blown 90 degree V8.

Bow your heads Bimmerboys. The King is still the King.<!-- Signature -->

13. M5 is better by manual, FR and superior handling

14. M5 IS THE ULTIMATE DRIVING MACHINE, IT MEANS Muth3r#$%#er performance 5 times better than mercedes E class AMG.

15. ignorants!!!!

16. sl 55 detuned-
    ignorants

That word does not exhist

17. sl 55 detuned-
    ignorants

That word does not exhist

18. the M5 has a MUCH nicer interior than the E55 AMG as well. the E55 only has leather seats, steering wheel, and a little bit on the doors, and a cloth headliner. The M5 has the same ultrasoft nappa leather as the E55, but it has it all on the dashboard, console, seats, the entire door, and has an Alcantara suede headliner.

19. you are all so foolish. Firslty the E55 is the fastest sport sedan. In a test between 5 cars including th e55 and m5 the e55 won by far. The E55 exelerates faster than most porches does. The m5 is a great car but mercedes is just always a little better.

And for all you manual loosers who dont even have your lisence yet. Shut up. Manual is such and pain the butt hole when you have to drive long distances or in standstill traffic. Still it is really fun to drive. But please shut up about manual is better than automatic. The e55 has tiptronic so you can push it that little bit further.

Tiptronic kicks all ass, And almost every benz has it.

I love beamers the m3 is one of my favorite cars, but when you diss the legendary mercedes then you have stepped over the line.

Remember this Mercedes created the car.

20. Firstly SRL_Lover:

More than one test has been conducted of the M5 vs E55 vs RS6, and in some cases, the M5 won, in others, the E55 won.

Secondly, the opinions you whine about are purely subjective. So are you calling the Sultan of Brunei a dumbass for liking manuals instead of over-glorified slushboxes???

Yes, the E55 may "exccelerate" (ROFLMAO LOL) than a Porsche, but if you're basing a sports saloon purely on its accelerative poweress, then well, no comment for the sake of decency. Drive an M5, then drive an E55 on a track... Hockenheim, Nurburgring or where ever. The E55 *may* post a quicker time; it might not, but tell me, which one was more fun to drive?

So what if Benz created the car? Does that mean we must all hail MB as Gods? Its today that matters. Go buy a S600, check out the interior materials.

21. i just read a test between the M5, E55, and the RS 6. the RS 6 won but the E55 came in last due mostly to handling and not very fun to drive. and the M5 is already like 7 years old and its still running with these brand new super sedans that merc and audi are puttin out.

22. The M5 is the purer drivers car, and is luxurious enough for most, so i would take the m5 by a fair margin.

Most people tend to agree the m5 is the better handling car as well, one magazine said there was almost too much feedback from the chassis, and it is the stiffer suspended car compared to the e55

also, manuals are generally faster than autos as they are lighter and allow the driver to choose the shift points to optimise the engine's performance