Re: M5 vs. S2000...don't laugh

Discussion in '2000 Honda S2000' started by ImprezaPunk, Aug 9, 2002.

1. That 72.1 mph figure you quote is from MT, which uses a shorter slalom than R&T. No Porsche 996 was tested at the same time.
    The slalom figure he's quoting is from a head to head track shoot out done by R&T in 7/98. Both cars (and others) were tested at the same time by the same driver. The 996 not only slalomed faster, it was slightly faster on the road course. The F355 beat them both.

2. Re: M5 vs. S2000...Laughing alot

M5 is not in the same class as S2000. And BMW doesn't make the best engine!<!-- Signature -->

3. They used to make the best engine. The McLaren F1's S70/2 6.1-liter V12. 627 horses, 479 lb/ft of torque. Or how about the 1.5liter Formula One engines from the Turbo Era? 1.5 liters, 900-1300 bhp depending on race or qualifying tune.
    Soon, they may have a V10 in the M5 and the upcoming M6...

4. Re: M5 vs. S2000...Laughing alot

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from RobertT</i>
    <b>Well, if I would have been driving the M5 I wouldn't had either drived that hard. M5 is not as cheap as a Honda S2000 if you see. It's all about the driver, in a race there is no way a S2000 could go faster than a M5 (supposing both are driven by a computer).... How do you think S2000 could go faster, when M5 has a better torque, faster to 100 km/h and even a higher topspeed.... So plese guys admit that the BMW is much better than some asian s**t... BMW has the best engine in F1 and there's no discussion about it. BMW makes one of the best motors in the world. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Ferrari dominates F1...but BMW is up there...

5. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Guibo</i>
    <b>They used to make the best engine. The McLaren F1's S70/2 6.1-liter V12. 627 horses, 479 lb/ft of torque. Or how about the 1.5liter Formula One engines from the Turbo Era? 1.5 liters, 900-1300 bhp depending on race or qualifying tune.
    Soon, they may have a V10 in the M5 and the upcoming M6...</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    With turbo, every car can have a lot of hp. And how much doesn a mclaren F1 cost? And I don't think a common person can buy it even if he has the money. For the 1.5 L F-1, Honda has that kind of engine, too, it was used in the Mp4/4 car. Which won the F-1 series a few times.<!-- Signature -->

6. The point is, the BMW engine in the McLaren F1 was the best of its time. Period. Maybe not for cost. But that just proves my theory: if you wanna make high hp/l (like 100 hp/l) with a huge-ass engine (6.1 liters, in this case), it doesn't come cheap.

The other point is that only BMW's engines went off the dyno scale during testing. 1300 hp was the limit of the dyno, so the engine in testing tune was probably making quite a bit more than that. How much more, we'll never know.

7. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from S2000kid</i>
    <b>Recently, i had the privelage of racing a BMW M5 with a friend of mine, in his S2000. We hit 142 mph on the freeway, through traffic, and the M5 never could keep up. I've been looking through many forums, and i find that people are far too caught up in a 20 horsepower difference, or 200 pounds in curb weight between cars. My friend is a highly experienced driver, and that's what makes the difference in a rolling street race. Don't ***** about your car being slow, or the other being faster. Just make yourself a better driver. I'd put my homie and his S2000 against just about anyone in just aboutanything.
    For instance: We made a pass at 140 mph between a Mustang GT and a Camaro, with about 2 to 4 inches between us and them. I think they pissed themselves. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

You know man you should probably ask the driver of the M5 how he was driving, cause i think he didn't pass of second gear!!!!! a BMW M5 would smoke a stupid and ugly S2000, and if you think you and your Michael Schumacher friend won against an M5 you're very stupid and surprisingly ignorant!!!!!

8. Hey "Honda Rules" how can U say that there is a power restriction in Japan? Look at the veilside supra or the ab-flug supra or the blitz skyline. They all go from 800 hp to 1000 hp. So stop talking outta yer ass. The rsx concept by acura and honda is awesome and the S2000 is a good car for modifications, but if U r looking for a good Jap car go for the blitz skyline. And if U are looking for an awesome car period go for a FERRARI.

9. Those cars are tuned cars...the were originally once the Nissan Skyline GT-R, rated at 276hp, and the Toyota Supra TT, rated at I think 280hp in japan. It's quite a hassle to legally tune a car over 280hp in japan, you have to import your car out of japan, and import it back in, or import the engine out of japan, and import it back in, then you can do whatever you want to the car, and let it have as much hp as you can get out of it.

10. The M5 is a sports sedan and I don't know how many of you guys have been in a S2000 because it is not meant for many. I'm about 5'11 and 150 pounds and I don't fit in that car, I have no idea what the average height of a north american person is but, I'm sure its a lot bigger than some parts of this world. At least I could fit in the M5. Its too bad because I really like the S2000.<!-- Signature -->

11. Yeah, there's no way on earth an S2000 could even stay on the road with an M5. It's an M5! I repeat for the slow:M...five. I wish you and your Dale Earnhardt friend would've gotten pulled over b/c then YOU would've pissed yourself. I laugh everytime a rice rocket gets pulled over. It almost makes me wanna be a pig.<!-- Signature -->

12. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Guibo</i>
    <b>The point is, the BMW engine in the McLaren F1 was the best of its time. Period. Maybe not for cost. But that just proves my theory: if you wanna make high hp/l (like 100 hp/l) with a huge-ass engine (6.1 liters, in this case), it doesn't come cheap.

The other point is that only BMW's engines went off the dyno scale during testing. 1300 hp was the limit of the dyno, so the engine in testing tune was probably making quite a bit more than that. How much more, we'll never know.
    </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    Good, now u understand why Skylines,RX7, etc are more expensive. Cuz they are making more than 100hp/L, and u said it isn't cheap to do.

For F KOENIG550, there is a power restriction for stock cars. Be smart, why do u think many Jap cars are 280hp?? I'm not sure about how much hp u are allow to tune up to.

For BMW Freak, my god!! Did you read my post?? It's stupid to compare M5 to S2000. They are totally in different categories!!! One is a sports sedan, the other is roadster. I think even a Grade 3 kid can identify that!! And just look at the difference of the price. $33000 to I dunno, $70000??

<!-- Signature -->

13. "Good, now u understand why Skylines,RX7, etc are more expensive. Cuz they are making more than 100hp/L, and u said it isn't cheap to do."

You didn't read what he wrote obviously, he said that a LARGE motor is EXPENSIVE to make 100 HP/L, he NEVER said anything about smaller motors like the Skyline and RX7. OBVIOUSLY it is easier and cheaper to do that to smaller engines, look at the S2000.

BR>

<!-- Signature -->