Re: McLaren F1 GT Forum rulez all.. even ferrari, lambourginhi,

Discussion in '1997 McLaren F1 GT' started by Christianmc, Aug 9, 2002.

1. #26 dusty427, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
  2. I may be new to cars and all that but their is one thing that is common sense MCLAREN RULZ ALL their is no better car and their wont be for awhile even if it doesnt have its own motor the point is it is still the best and at 240mph the car should not need explaining as to why it is #1.

3. OK, whatever, I don't know sh|t about Vipers. I only know what my dad's friend tells me. I've run out of sh|t to argue w/ so I'm dropping out. You win. I need to learn sh|t now, thanx.

4. more ignorance. At least one person realized that. Hey buddy, take a look at the Venom 800tt, then come back. Thats a 237 mph car that costs less than $155,000.<!-- Signature -->

5. Anyone who now doesnt believe that Vipers and Venoms are among the worlds greatest cars, is on crack. But there is one engine that i think is better, its the Chevy small block 350. Thats a great engine. Any of you who havent driven a Camaro ro a Vette (Especially Europeans), drive one as soon as you can. Those are "Great Eights."<!-- Signature -->

6. I'm not on crack, but I think you are now. I said you win and you call me ignorant? Vipers definitely aren't the worlds greatest cars, but I'm not going to argue that because I don't know sh|t about Vipers. I know just enough to know they aren't THE best. Maybe in their category, but no way in hell the best overall.

7. How am I ignorant exactly? I said you win, phuck. Maybe you're just ignoring my white flag which would make you ignorant.

"Yo RZA, your raza,
    hit me w/ the maja,
    The damage, my clan understand it be flava,
    Gunnin, hummin, comin atcha
    First I'm gonna get ya w/ a gotch or a Gatcha,
    You could never tap to the Method Man's Statcha,
    For Rhymin, for raptcha
    Got niggaz rejoinin the masta
    Ma style neva,
    I put the phucken pork in the well. Kid, I'm terra,
    Raza sharp. I seva
    The head from the shouldaz. I'm betta
    Than my competta
    You make it betta,
    then whateva,
    Let's get togetha"

Method Man's contribution to "Shame on a Nigga" by the Wu- Tang Clan. Phat song from Enter The Wu- Tang(36 Chambers)

8. not you thugz, that speedviper guy, he needs to look at the car his name is named after, speedviper, look @ the 800tt, then come back.<!-- Signature -->

9. Hey thanks dusty427, you knocked a little sense into me but i still like the Mclaren GT BUT IT IS NO LONGER NO.1 it is #3

10. now about that car that you told me to check out, who is it made by?

11. For the love of god. I have had the privalage of driving the best car ever made... ever. I recently spent a few months in Europe and had the pleasure of actually driving a McLaren F1, there arent enough words in the english language to describe the experience. This car was the best handling and best performing car I've ever driven. I own a Z06, and it doesn't even compare, Im sure the 800hp viper wouldnt either. This car has the looks, the class, the control, and the power to make a perfect car. I don't care how fast your Viper does the slalom, we're talking all around handling, this car turns when you want it to, at any speed, no understeer at all, and it only oversteers if you really get on it out of a corner. The Viper's 0-60 time is WITH SLICKS ON A RACING TRACK. You couldnt go out on the road and pull off a sub-3 second 0-60, but with this car, its not only possible, its easy. All you people that complain about the price, are obviously too poor to understand, that at a certain point, the price doesn't matter<!-- Signature -->

12. most of you guys seem like you have alot of money, mind giving a poor teen some CASH im living off of $800 A YEAR at 14 life sucks you cant get much in the line of jobs sheesh id sweep shit just to get more money than i have now.

13. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Mikeyouse</i>
    <b>The Viper's 0-60 time is WITH SLICKS ON A RACING TRACK. You couldnt go out on the road and pull off a sub-3 second 0-60, but with this car, its not only possible, its easy.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Even though I still say this is better than the Viper 800TT, it wouldn't win in a drag. And it would almost definitely pull off sub 3-second 0-60 times on the road w/ street tires.

"Gettin' high
    Just to get by
    Through all the suicides,
    & Homicides,
    & Genocides,
    Drive-Bys,
    Walk-Bys,
    Gotta multiply,
    & Chalk lines on our side of the H-Double O-D Hood,
    And woodgrain and it ain't, and it ain't all, and it ain't all good,
    Started at eleven, stealing weed from papa's peopa,
    And even though you're pissed I gotz ta thank you for the reefa,
    Never mess w/ white girls, but I roll w/ white boyz,
    Niggaz come out the pin and they roll some tight joints, tight jointz,
    My sh|t is swollen, you shouldn't be rollin,
    All those green leaves that'll make your heart beat, bu-bu-bu, bumpin,
    Just brokem, let me set up the weed and I'm silently sober,
    No jokin, when my neighbours door opens you wanna come over,
    We smokin, smokin, and now we tokin, tokin, and then we chokin, chokin, chokin, chokin
    I'm so high"

"Fried Day" by Bizzy Bone off the <u>Next Friday Soundtrack</u>
    Best high song ever.

14. Speedviper, its made by Dodge and Modified by Hennessey Motor Sports. And for the other guys Info, the Venom has the edge IN EVERY STATISTICAL CATEGORY EXEPT PRICE. Even with street tires it goes in 2.7, the McLaren in 3.2. I'll give you the price, and there isnt anyone on this site who can honestly say that price doesnt matter, unless Bill Gates is on this site, and he drives a Cadillac, not a McLaren. I dont make that much in relation to Doctors, Lawyers, etc. but i have driven the vast majority of these Cars. Next week an 800tt comes in because the guy wants us to increase the pressure of his turbines, why he would want more power is beyond anything my wildest dreams. Im extremely exited because I have never driven one before. This guy WILL be driving a faster car than John Hennessey himself, but i guess the customer is always right ($5,000 USD on top of the $ he already paid for the car)!<!-- Signature -->

15. listen up dustbin427, the viper is fast,with slicks. you would take a supped up $70,000 twin turbo AMERICAN car over a BMW V12 in a McLaren? The only good american cars that are hookes up are made by lingenfelter, the vettes are 8 times better. put the viper on the track, it would get eaten alive by a McLaren. the viper has barely if any handling to begin with, and by dropping a turbo and bigger brakes it is not going to get any better. I like Vipers, but not when you try to compare it to the KING OF ALL CARS EVER. FU(K BUGATTI! That is another car which was made only to beat the McLaren. It's garbage. The Venom is good, but not that good.

Show some respect where respect is due.<!-- Signature -->

16. Vipers handle better than the god-damn US version mclaren, and are faster W/O SLICKS. Those slicks are still street-legal, and with stock viper tires it pulls a 2.7 0-60 time. Do the f*ckin research b4 u try to talk to me<!-- Signature -->

17. i dont know what your brainwashed into thinking, but the McLarens handling really isnt that great. Im driving the 800tt Weds, so ill let you know how it drives. The McLarens handling isnt as good as a stock Viper, let alone a Venom. The Vipers handle better than all McLarens, Porsches other than the GT2, and then the Venom outhandles that. The stock ZO6 vette outhandles every McLaren, Lambro, and Porsche.<!-- Signature -->

18. About the mechanic thing, im not familiar with the mechanic classes. Im not really a mechanic, im an engineer. I design supsensions, turbines, superchargers, etc. for American cars. So, i cant really give you too much advice on becoming a mechanic, other than to take the reccomonded courses that you local college/mechanic school offers. Now, abou the 800tt, I drove it for the first time ever today. That car is scary-fast. It does oversteer, and for anyone other than a race car driver, its very difficult to keep the back tires from peeling at 75 mph. But I also have never driven anything that sticky, and I have driven a Porsche GT2. You can throw that car through any turn, but the gas is what can screw you over. It is my new favorite car, previously the 1998 Viper GTS-R, and I cant wait to drive it with 900+ hp after were done.<!-- Signature -->

19. The McLaren may not be as fast, but that is not the point it is the ultimate drivers car, like a lotus elise. It's steering is direct and full of feel. Its brakes also have great feel. Now if you say the viper has just as good of steering and brakes (may not brake as fast in a straight line, but you need feel to race) is lying, the viper has power steering and brakes, that robs the feel. Hmmm a high revving NA engine placed in the middle of a carbon chasis or a front engined turboed up the wazoo tuner car. From everything i hear the F1 is a delight to the sense from the seats to the stereo to the gear shifts to the view from the drivers seat. These things the viper can not duplicate, in fact no car can because no car is not this well engineered.

20. No offence to McLaren b/c it is a beautiful,fast, and amazing car but why would anyone spend 1mil on a car? how many people actually hae the million TO spend on the car. If i had the money it would be in my garage right now, but a dodge viper 800tt will be a fine car for me to dream about for now

-Keepin It Real

21. i hate ignorance. you just blurt out stupid shit about a car you know nothing about. If you did some F*CKIN research, you'd see that the Viper has plenty of feel, the McLaren too has power steering, everything does, and the stock GTS outhandles this overpriced Eurocrap car. The 800tt OUTPERFORMS THIS CAR IN EVERY ASPECT OF PERFORMANCE. It outbrakes, outhandles, outaccelerates, and outruns a McLaren. It blows this car away. And the Elise, what a joke. It doesnt have near enough power to compete with the Big-Boys, its simply a toy. The Corvette ZO6 is better through a corner, because it actually can power out of a god-damn corner. The Elise is a f*ckin joke on wheels. I think i have proven my point.<!-- Signature -->

22. You cant prove a point that is worng, because thier is no evidence. The McLaren does not have power steering. Once again the F1 does not have power steering. Ok you got that. How about the F1 not having power brakes, you want to argue that. This car would kill a z06 (although the z06 is one of the greatest current production cars). This car is about 750 lbs lighter than you venom. That makes a huge difference. The Venom would rape this car in a straight line, but on a race track it is a different story. Second, the F1 was never meant as a race car, even if it was designed by a famous F1 designer. The ride quality in an F1 is great, a viper on lowered and stiffened springs does not seem that comfortable. I have done my research and no one ever has said that the Vipers steering screams feel. Now this is a cheap blow. The viper has a tranny from a pick-up truck. How can z06 with 405hp out power a 627 hp car that is lighter. Here is where the viper loses out in my book, it is tubro (anyone lag?), it is front engined(notice how F1 got away from that in the 60s), and it is heavy (Colin Chapman, "Just add lightness."). If you are looking for pure brutality take the venom, if you want soemthing refined take the F1.

23. the ZO6 im comparing to the Elise, and the 800tt kicks the crap out of this car, have you even looked at the slalom times and the skidpad? You need to research b4 you talk crap.<!-- Signature -->

24. Slalom times and skidpad are not the be all and end all of handling.

25. The venom is a modified car and really should not be compared to this car. Second even if the venom beats this car in performance, this is still the better car. The quality and design of this car is amazing (and it should be for over 1 million dollars). This car is a very pure design. The designer said once you add turbos, you have already lost the game. Once again this is a production car and should not be compared to a tuner car. The viper can not compete with the quality of the F1 no matter how many turbos are slapped on.