Re: McLaren VS Ferrari

Discussion in '1950 Morgan +4 Drophead Coupé' started by Sinister, Aug 9, 2002.

1. unless schumacher is alive and he has a car to drive. Ferrari will most likely continue to Win. <!-- Signature -->

2. McLaren VS Ferrari

The two top dominant companies in the racing biz. Both of these two companies have racked up so many wins and trophies, that they don't have the time to admire them all. Ferrari still dominates McLaren though and people say that's only because its been around longer. I don't think so though, they're both great companies but i doubt if McLaren will ever catch up to Ferrari especially with a guy like Schummacher behind the wheel.

3. All teams have their ups and downs - Ferrari wasnŽt in itŽs sharpest form for almost 20 years, until they hired Ross Brawn followed with Rory Byrne and started playing one-man-team tactics with Schumacher in 1996.

Ferrari has now only one direction - downhill. Does it come sooner or later remains to be seen. I hope it wonŽt come along with that the same disgusting tactics Ferrari has employed since Schumacher, will be applied amongst other teams (points are piled to no:1 driver from the season start).

4. All teams have their ups and downs - Ferrari wasnŽt in itŽs sharpest form for almost 20 years, until they hired Ross Brawn followed with Rory Byrne and started playing one-man-team tactics with Schumacher in 1996.

Ferrari has now only one direction - downhill. Does it come sooner or later remains to be seen. I hope it wonŽt come along with that the same disgusting tactics Ferrari has employed since Schumacher, will be applied amongst other teams as well (points are piled to no:1 driver from the season start).

5. Ferrari is a great team right now and with micheal and even better team. there new car is going to come out in Feb. but for now they are kicking ass at practice with the F2001. plus McLaren is doing really good too but i am hopping that ferrari will win again this year. Right now McLaren is trying to keep up with Ferrari. while ferrari is just trying to get there F2002 done and ready for the start of the season. so until then go Ferrari.

6. Bearing has an interesting theory about Ferrari going downhill but i don't think it will happen before either Micheal retires or R.Shumacher will get an even better car. but i think if Ferrari will start to go down it won't be mclaren that will take it's place, it will be BMW Williams becaus R. Schumacher is looking good right now.

go Ferrari<!-- Signature -->

7. No team in F1 history will keep on winning year after year. Even Ferrari, which seems to dominate for the last few years, had its bad times. And McLaren-Mercedes, which has dominated for 2 straight years a few years ago, is having its bad time now.

For the next season, I don't know, Ferrari keeping the same car from last season, which is very rare in the F1 world. So let's SEE what's going to happen instead of GUESS what's going to happen.

8. FINALLY! With this baby... we would bring back the domination that fueled us last 1998 and 1999... Kimi Raikonnen and David Coulthard better work hard to get the gold from Schumi...<!-- Signature -->

9. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from 550WOLVES</i>
    <b>The two top dominant companies in the racing biz. Both of these two companies have racked up so many wins and trophies, that they don't have the time to admire them all. Ferrari still dominates McLaren though and people say that's only because its been around longer. I don't think so though, they're both great companies but i doubt if McLaren will ever catch up to Ferrari especially with a guy like Schummacher behind the wheel.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

i couldnt agree with u more. that man is quite possibly the best driver out there<!-- Signature -->

10. WHY DOES FERRARI WIN EVERYTHING? ARE THE OTHER COMPANIES TOO DUMB OR JUST AFFRAID TO GO ALL OUT AND DESIGN A FAST CAR?

11. Ferrari dont win everything you dumbass
    every car manufacturar has its ups and downs in production
    to you it seems Ferrari win everything because they have rank in the top races like the Formula one
    Here is a good example
    if anyone here watches motorsports programs like the GT-S and GT production races you will see that althought Ferrari dominate and outnumber the other cars along with porche
    the car that is often in the lead is a the only lamborghini in the race
    so there is ur facts of life before you start rushing off to stupid questions
    and as for ur second question
    no they arent, Car basis and the production of the car itself relys on the whole production team, the makers and designers
    to have a good car you need good makers
    some car manufacturers probably just dont wanna make super high powered sports cars while others make a mix of both
    and some just make luxury cars

<!-- Signature -->

12. M. Schumacher is definitely one of the quickest drivers in F1, but not necessarily the quickest. He and his manager are definitely the best in area of negotiating good contracts and self-marketing. The biggest European market backround (Germany) is of course helping them in this. HeŽs a good driver, but as his teammates have always been contractually stomped on 2nd grade drivers, driving cars solely designed for M. SchumacherŽs preferences, no one can tell how fast exactly this guy actually is. Fast enough, I guess.

13. To reply to Killiman, part of the problem is that Ferrari was originally founded as a racing program under Saint Enzo all those years ago and has time and practice on its side. Another problem is that Ferrari is backed my uber-corporation Fiat, which spends about $350 million a year to fund the Ferrari F1 program. Not to take any credit away from the great work that Ferrari does, but I think that any competent manufacturer from General Motors to McLaren could build a contending car with $350 mil a year. But honestly, the car can only do so much. Beyond that, it's all the driver, in which case Schumacher is proven himself to be one of the best around. An interesting thing to see is how F1 newcomer Toyota does in their first season on the circuit, whenever they do decide to get involved (2003 I think?). Last time Toyota decided to do something big it was the TS020 GT1 at the 24 Hours of Le Mans, which almost scored a debut win. Toyota can definitely crank out racing machines, so it should be interesting to see what they can do against the established big teams like Williams-BMW, McLaren-Mercedes, and Ferrari. Personally, I'd love to see Toyota win, just to shake everything up, so go Toyota!!!!!

14. Anyone wanna care to guess *WHY* McLaren isn't dominating like they were 2 years ago?

Give you a hint, it has to do with regulations to the engine that was owning everyone else (a detail banning aluminum-beryllium engines). Look it up to learn more =)

Considering ol whats his name -Ecclestone- is a self-stated Ferrari fan...and analyzing at the history Ferrari has had schmozing the FIA...

Personally, i could care less who is better, I love both teams almost equally, but Bruce is my hero. My impossible solution; get some serious bucks up and have a new, independent governing body sanction F1 (yea right, this will happen when the world ends)...till then i will always be a sceptic admirer of F1.<!-- Signature -->

15. Well Ferrari is going to win, you know why? Because God is a Ferrari stockholder, so of course he is going to have them win, and oh yeah, Schumacher is also God's right hand man. So all you buttholes can stop arguing over who is better now that you know why Ferrari will win. Besides, Enzo is a very close personal friend of God's also, that is why is in heaven beating the Shit out of anyone who utters the words Mclaren-Mercedes right now.

I hope you like my tail lights, because that is all you will be seeing for the next quarter mile.<!-- Signature -->

16. Ferrari is not going to win at all this coming season since things has change dramaticly with tires, Mika retiring, Kimi coming, Toyota etc.

17. 96 NSX-T, I agree. Ecclestone is not only a Ferrari fan, heŽs also a Michael Schumacher fan as well. IŽd have some real interest in F1 as a true competition, if it wasnŽt so obviously corrupted. But in these days, money has so much influence everywhere that good clean sportmanship is getting harder and harder to find.

18. 96 NSX-T, I agree. Ecclestone is not only a Ferrari fan, heŽs also a Michael Schumacher fan as well (which probably come out from the fact that heŽs a fan of $). IŽd have some real interest in F1 as a true competition, if it wasnŽt so obviously corrupted. But in these days, money has so much influence everywhere that good clean sportmanship is getting harder and harder to find.

19. 96 NSX-T, I agree. Ecclestone is not only a Ferrari fan, heŽs also a Michael Schumacher fan as well (which both probably come out from the fact that heŽs a fan of $). IŽd have some real interest in F1 as a true competition, if it wasnŽt so obviously corrupted. But in these days, money has so much influence everywhere that good clean sportmanship is getting harder and harder to find.

20. so this is the new car that Ferrari can beat again. good stuff but even with this they still will be watchin the red machines eat the track and win the points. FERRARI OWNS FORMULA ONE!!!<!-- Signature -->

21. Kungfusmurf, i completely disagree with that statement of yours. You mean to tell me, Ferrari won't win one race even? WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT? Get your facts straight and think realistically. You're talking about Ferrari here man, a dominant race car company with a rich, deep and experienced history and background and to back it all up, it's represented by the greatest racer of all time, Michael Schumacher who just doesn't seem to lost at 51 career wins (world record). What were you smoking when you said that Ferrari won't win? Because i really hope that you didn't mean NOT WINNING ONE RACE EVEN!

22. well mclaren and ferrari r certainly graet teams.....but ferrari arent domonating as much as u guys think right now.....theyve just been at it for one year-2000 wasnt a total domination. By contrast,williams pretty much dominated the entire last 2 decades of the 20th century, from 1980 to 1997.THAT is domination............not some one year thing.
    Ferrari might well go on to Dominate the sport for a long long time....but until then, they havent dominated the sport; theyve just won the championships for 2 years.<!-- Signature -->

23. #23 tqaguy, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
  24. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from kungfusmurf</i>
    <b>Ferrari is not going to win at all this coming season since things has change dramaticly with tires, Mika retiring, Kimi coming, Toyota etc.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->"NOT GOING TO WIN AT ALL"?!!! WTF are you talking??!!! Will you suck your d!ck into your exhaust pipe when MS wins 1 or + game in this season?!!!
    One more thing to tell you, Ferrari may not be the best team around, but MS is absouletly the fastest driver now in F1 (easy to find out when you look at how many pole positions he got & lap time he made), so you could argue that Ferrari is not going to win the championship, but not "at all"!!! Mind your words, stupid @ss!
    Last thing, I hope Kimi will go to Ferrari after MS resigned...

25. That's exactly what i was thinking Ivan. How can Ferrari not win at all??!!?? They're definitely gonna win a lot and possibly the whole thing as well. The guy who wrote that must have been high off something.