Re: mclaren wuld crush this thing!!!!

Discussion in '1991 Mazda 787B' started by DUFFMAN, Aug 10, 2002.

1. "mclaren would crush this thing"

HAHA! Thats funny!<!-- Signature -->

2. mclaren wuld crush this thing!!!!

who du guys think wuld win in a race????

3. This is a LeMans car not a street supercar. Now if this was converted to a streetcar then the Mclaren would win. But i still think that the Mclaren would not go down without a fight against this thing. <!-- Signature -->

4. it wouldnt even be close. you are talking about a full blown 4 rotor lemans racer against a street car.

5. The Mazda is more powerfull and lighter than the McLaren , and it's a race car , the McLaren is one the most incredible road car ever , but has no chance against the 787B.

6. How can a car road beat a LM race car on track?
    This thing has a lot more bhp than the McLaren too..<!-- Signature -->

7. how the hell fo people drive these things?? bloody 522kW and 845Kg? that is pure madness i tells ya.

8. No way in hell would the McLaren win in a race against this.

9. There is no way the McLaren can win if you think logically.
    The mazda has more HP and weighs less
    It has race suspension.
    Thats all there is to it

10. first of all, I don't think he means to take a McLaren road car on the track against this racer.

Maybe a McLaren F1 GTR?? (dumbasses)
    McLaren was not JUST a road car, it had a very successful racing counterpart. And I think that the racing version probably had racing suspension (don't know who mentioned that)

The McLaren F1 finished 1, 3, 4, 5, 13
    Does anyone know how many miles that 1st place car covered?

'91 787B -- 700hp, 875hp
    '95 McLaren GTR -- 640hp, 1050kg
    '96 McLaren GTR -- 600hp, 1012kg
    '97 McLaren GTR -- 600hp, 915kg

Rules also change every year.
    Alterations demanded by rule changes reduced the GTR from 640 to 600hp
    For 96, the McLaren was at the minimum weight of 1000kg. Obviously the rules changed, as the next year, the GTR weighed in at 915kg.

Obviously the 787B was run under a very different set of rules.
    The 787B was a prototype car, the F1 GTR was a homologated GT car.

Today the LMP and GTP class minimum weight limit is 900kg.<!-- Signature -->

11. i got nothing against mclarens and lamborginis, but remember watching a all japan gt where 3 mclarens and 2 lamborginis enetred. the lambos placed in the top 15, but the mclarens got there ass handed to them by supras, the nsx, the skyline and the rx-7s. where were the mclarens....that's right they never finished the race. have to give respect to those other cars that cost less then $1,000,000 and can cmoke the mclaren when brought to equal terms.

12. Don't let the fact that the McLaren is a V-12 deceive you. Though it may have a big V-12, it only has about 627, but it varies with the model. The GTR and the LM are the only ones that stand a chance against the 787B, since it is about 400 pounds lighter than the McLaren (I think) and it has over 50 horses more than all McLaren model types. The streamlined body will allow better acceleration and top speed, and this car is so damn low too.<!-- Signature -->

13. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from paganirules</i>
    <b>first of all, I don't think he means to take a McLaren road car on the track against this racer.

Maybe a McLaren F1 GTR?? (dumbasses)
    McLaren was not JUST a road car, it had a very successful racing counterpart. And I think that the racing version probably had racing suspension (don't know who mentioned that)

The McLaren F1 finished 1, 3, 4, 5, 13
    Does anyone know how many miles that 1st place car covered?

'91 787B -- 700hp, 875hp
    '95 McLaren GTR -- 640hp, 1050kg
    '96 McLaren GTR -- 600hp, 1012kg
    '97 McLaren GTR -- 600hp, 915kg

Rules also change every year.
    Alterations demanded by rule changes reduced the GTR from 640 to 600hp
    For 96, the McLaren was at the minimum weight of 1000kg. Obviously the rules changed, as the next year, the GTR weighed in at 915kg.

Obviously the 787B was run under a very different set of rules.
    The 787B was a prototype car, the F1 GTR was a homologated GT car.

Today the LMP and GTP class minimum weight limit is 900kg.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

The McLaren covered less than 3100 miles , less than a R8 or 905...

Don't even think a single second the McLaren is faster than the 787B.

14. at a super speedway or a test course the Mclaren would win but the McLaren can only pul .86 g's laterally while this thing could probably do 1.25-1.30 g's<!-- Signature -->

15. The 787B would kick any Mclaren, race or road.

16. Anyway, the 787B is banned at the mclaren races cuz you can't use the rotary engines anymore(or they might have change the rules aagain)

17. i dont think it would actually
    have you seen the power to weight ratio od=f this thing, its #$%#ing sick
    it would probaly beat it out in the end but crush, no. i think it would put up a damn good fight. the mclaren would have trouble.

18. I wonder what the gas mileage on the 787B was.

19. I've been told it was 4MPG during the race

The 787b raced in a year when you were either 3.5l or smaller w/ unlimited refueling, or larger than that and you could only have a certain amount of fuel (i dont remember how many gallons). But being considering a 4.0l+ put the 787b into the limited fuel category.
    It had variable length intake runners (think of a telescopic velocity stack), peripheral port injection, lots of other stuff, 3 spark plugs per rotor instead of 2. All these little things gave it a bit more hp, a bit more torque, or less fuel consumption.
    The engine couldve made more power (throughout powerband and peak), but it was meant to have a great powerband and not as bad of a gas hog.
    It only redlined at 9500RPM or so, that engine could easily take 11k RPM as a redline and run it up to 12k and maybe more. But it wasn't needed. Oh well.

20. d 787b would crush d mclaren as its quad rotors equal to the mclaren f1 gtrs 12 cylinders. If u blow a piston ur finished but the 787b blew one of its rotors and still won le mans.

21. i think it may have blown one of its rotors though i'm not 2 sure

22. All I know is this is one of my fav cars ever! It's unique too
    What idiot said it was ugly?? >
    Japanese sure know how to build cars!
    This was 1991 heh...if they did band rotary engines...it's prolly cause they kick too much @$$!

23. Let me agree with most here when I say this thing decimates all. Rotary technology was far ahead of its time, it is a shame that piston powered cars cannot really compete.

24. there is nothing anyone can say to that i couldn't have put it better myself but why in the hell would anyone compare a race car to a road car?

25. the 787B would win b/c it is a race car while the McLaren F1 is a road car. also quad rotors kill V12s. it takes the McLaren 7 miles to reach its topspeed. y not compare the 787B with the McLaren F1 GTR?