Re: Mercedes 03 CLK 55 vs. BMW M3

Discussion in '2002 Mercedes-Benz CLK 55 AMG' started by Renntech, Aug 9, 2002.

1. bmw...we'll they better be ready to drop the v8 or a twin turbo in the m3....because there will be a supercharged clk....u'll see..

2. that comment its so sutpid nobody has to answer it
    asshole

3. Hey dumbass, .1 difference in 0-60 can pretty much be atributed to track conditions. Youre such an idiot.

4. .1 does mean shit dudes, when the M3 go for the corner, i bet the CLK will be like 1 second behind instead of .1 , that's like 2-3 cars apart

5. hey jstalin, i wasnt suggesting that the CLK55 was the better car because it has more hp, i was merely replying to the guy who said that the M3 was better coz it had more hp/litre....my post wasnt aimed at these individual cars, but all cars in general, if ur gonna compare a statistic, use power, not hp/litre

personally i'd take the M3

6. M3 for me.<!-- Signature -->

7. Mercedes 03 CLK 55 vs. BMW M3

You know this comparisons is bound to come up...
    So, according to the numbers/looks, which one?

8. Autoweek did that little battle.

Results pretty much went with the M3 getting better performance, but they liked the Merc's style and comfort alot better. Personally, Ill take a little slower car for the quality of luxcury that Mercedes is known for.<!-- Signature -->

9. merc 4 me<!-- Signature -->

10. M3 without hesitation...<!-- Signature -->

11. M3-much more better handling and in only 3.25 litres evolves around 343 Hp, look at Mercedes-Benz.....367hp 5.5 litres.....that's a shame....

12. not really, hp/litre dont mean jack, all that matters is the merc has 367hp and the bmw 343hp

13. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Venom</i>
    <b>Good comparison. But this time I have too choose the Benz because of the Luxury and the Performance. M3 is great, but this CLK seems to outperform it.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

This does not outperform the M3. I don't understand why everyone is calling the Merc more luxurious... I prefer the M3 in interior, exterior, and performance. This Merc looks bland and the awkward roofline makes it look static.

14. M3 without hesitation... aleast a M3 can perform a high speed coner with just a shift change of gear, while the CLK55 have to step on the breaks and lower the gear with like a few second knock off because is a Automatic then the ass of the Benz swing out the track with dust all over.... cool eh?

15. M3 for me. Your responce to this is dependant on whether you want pure performance or Luxury performance. Bimmer for pure performance, Merc for Luxury. Pure and simple.<!-- Signature -->

16. I think the person who doesn't mind a decently intelligent automatic tranny doing the shifting for them (i.e. a person who has to commute 15 miles or more) would prefer the Mercedes. I wouldn't call it a "pure performance" vs. "luxury performance" battle because if you wanted "pure performance" (no luxury) you would get a crotch rocket or a Caterham R500 or something along those lines. The BMW would be preferred by the enthusiast driver who doesn't mind a clutch and boy racers in the locale challenging him at every stoplight.

17. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from ch1c4n3</i>
    <b>not really, hp/litre dont mean jack, all that matters is the merc has 367hp and the bmw 343hp</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    ya man, it has more horsepower, its WAY better! Oh wait, the M3 beats it in every convievable measurable category. Nice one idiot.

18. I don't get why everyone is calling the Mercedes more luxurious and calling the M3 only performance and the Mercedes both performance and luxury. The Mercedes is not really more luxurious. I think the M3 is more luxurious... Mercedes buyers don't really want performance as much. Mercedes has given them a luxury car, like they want. What BMW has done is give luxury at least as good as the Mercedes (I think better... but I guess it is arguable) plus add in the performance that BMW target customers look for in their BMW's. Mercedes was just not as determined as BMW with the performance because they know their customers don't really care about that as much.

19. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Venom</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from maranello29</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Venom</i>
    <b>Good comparison. But this time I have too choose the Benz because of the Luxury and the Performance. M3 is great, but this CLK seems to outperform it.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

This does not outperform the M3. I don't understand why everyone is calling the Merc more luxurious... I prefer the M3 in interior, exterior, and performance. This Merc looks bland and the awkward roofline makes it look static. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Go to mbusa.com and compare the 02 CLK 55 model to the M3. This kiddie is faster in 0-60 by .1 second and it has MUCH MUCH more luxurious than the M3. I love the M3 too, but somtimes a Mercedes is a Mercedes. Now, I compared the 01 CLK model to the 02 M3, and I think this newer version will be better in perforance AND luxury.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Hey dude, .1 sec in 0-60 doesn't mean shit. Just so you know.<!-- Signature -->

20. M3. The CLK-55 does not look as good as the old one....the front is gorgeous, but the roofline and C-pillar look awkward and the back looks odd....the styling language from the E-Cass didn't fly nearly as well with the CLK-55. The Merc has a more luxurious interior, but the M3 will flat-out smoke it. I doubt this car can top the 4.6 second 0-60 time that Motor Trend posted for the M3. Besides, the M3 looks better, handles better, and is probably much more fun to drive.<!-- Signature -->

21. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from m3rhkp</i>
    <b>.1 does mean shit dudes, when the M3 go for the corner, i bet the CLK will be like 1 second behind instead of .1 , that's like 2-3 cars apart</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Yeah it won't mean shit because the M3 will outcorner this thing at every oppurtunity, and it will probably brake faster, and it will still accelerate faster. And its cheaper. And better in everyway.

Angus<!-- Signature -->

22. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from m3rhkp</i>
    <b>.1 does mean shit dudes, when the M3 go for the corner, i bet the CLK will be like 1 second behind instead of .1 , that's like 2-3 cars apart</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Dont you understand what i'm saying? If the two 0-60s were tested on different days then the track conditions could easily account for a 0.1 second swing in the times. Therefore, a 0.1 second difference means jack. Holy shit some of you people are so thick its amazing.

23. id take the M3 anyday anytime it outperforms the clk by far plus if the acceleration difference is .1 sec SO WHAT the M3 can take out any benz on any corner they're made for that and oh yeah i raced with an M3 it kicked my ass i have a brabus SLK V8 and the driver was stupid he could have smoked me but didn't know how hehe but from what i saw the M3 took 1 sec on every turn we made thats a lot + im a ralley driver and im only 18 so don't say i suck

24. how are u gona let a m3 beat u if u have a brabus slk with a v-8....u cant drive.....

25. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from ch1c4n3</i>
    <b>not really, hp/litre dont mean jack, all that matters is the merc has 367hp and the bmw 343hp</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

...and still the merc gets its rectum spanked.<!-- Signature -->