Re: Mini-Vette

Discussion in '2000 Mazda RX-7 Type RZ' started by Cobra R Stinger, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Chevys Are gay<!-- Signature -->

2. Yah *****<!-- Signature -->

3. This is a tight car<!-- Signature -->

4. Okay, whoever said the FD RX7 is faster around a road coarse than a Dodge Viper is wronge. Are you assuming this because the RX7 is smaller, and handles so well? Well, the RX7 has in fact gone head to head with other cars around a road coarse, and that includes the Dodge Viper RT/10. Go to MKIV.com , click on publications, then click on Motor Trend. The 2cd article down has a test of Viper, 911T, ZR1, Lotus Esprit, Supra TT, and RX7 TT. The Viper RT/10(slower than GTS) is the fastest around that particular road coarse...and quite a bit faster than the FD RX7, which was 2cd to last. The Viper is soo fast in a strait line, has outstanding grip.
    Now, unlike most of the people on this board, i have experience working on both street and race versians of all but the most exotic cars in offered in the US. I worked at an RX7 specialty shop and know RX7s very well. Setting aside reliabilty, even though the Viper is so much faster, i feel the RX7 is the better balanced and all around car. It is really fast in a strait line, brakes wonderfully, and handles better than almost any car out there. It is so nimble, yet well balance, and everything works right. Its not as fast as the Viper, but it does do everything good, which the Viper doesnt. It doesnt brake well, and its seats and interior are not great for sporty driving. Also, i will admit that the FD rX7 is not a very reliable car. But the Viper is not either. Look at their resale value, one with 15K miles goes for under $30K They often blow water pumps and have other small problems. But they are more reliable than an FD. Vipers arent that that fun to drive around town. They are huge, have a huge hood, poor visabilty, ect. Also, the quality of their interior and fiberglass isnt that great. Dont get me wronge th eViper is a serious Supercar, and is a bigger badder performer than the FD could ever hope to be. But I like the FD better, it jsut feels like such a great package.

Whoever thinks that a Viper is only good in a strait line needs to read up quite a bit. It was a road racer from the start, and has proved itself in countless international racing series, including LeMans. It might be a killer on the drag stip, but is also a killer on the road coarses.

As far as it being a mini vette, like people have said, this design debuded in very early 90s, the C5 debuted mcuh later. So the RX7 isnt a copy. Its not a thing like a Viper in terms of looks either. Its not a copy, and i dont think they copied the RX7 either.

5. hehe...yeah

6. I Think The Toyota Supra's Way better<!-- Signature -->

7. I think your Stupid
    Rx7 will eat the supra like nothing .<!-- Signature -->

8. Mini-Vette

So...this isn't a bad car...but looking at it, what I see is that they tried to make it look more like a Corvette. It's just too small for me though. It's not a bad little car...but i've driven RX-7's...and they're really uncomfortable. But hey...it works. But i think i'm gonna call it a mini-vette from now on.<!-- Signature -->

9. Umm how did they do that? This car looks like it did in 1993. Its been the same ever since except some special edition rims.

10. This body style was actually released mid-year in 1991 in Japan. What looks like what now? More like a mini-viper if anything.<!-- Signature -->

11. This body style has been out longer than the viper or vette. I would have to say that they both stole design concepts from the rx7.

12. Also about being uncomfortable... Its seats are some of the most perfect seat you can find anywhere, very comfortable.... unless of course you are 6' tall. Made by short japs.

13. Best by mazda till the rx 8. Any #$%#i^* punk that sais shi# about this is gonna fuc*in@ get his a$$ kicked out of the #$%#i!g state<!-- Signature -->

14. hey i like this thing alot better than any viper or vette no matter what the hp. so yeah this rx7 rules man i'd love to add a bit more chrome to it tho<!-- Signature -->

15. i believe the rx-7 is one of japan's masterpiece, the vette though, i believe stole designs from another japan masterpiece, the honda nsx. the overall shape of the cars are nearly the same except that the vette has smoother curves as it is developed later than the nsx. (one feature is almost the same, the smooth cockpit shape inspired from the f-16) but, i do like the vette design though.

16. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from jl20777</i>
    <b>This body style has been out longer than the viper or vette. I would have to say that they both stole design concepts from the rx7.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    Of course they did, it was a revolutionary design when it came out. still looks fantastic today
    <!-- Signature -->

17. if u were to make a comparison like that..the vette is more like a bigger version of the rx7..not the other way around..the rx7 design came out much earlier than the vette c5

18. I've heard the RX-7 design was finalized in 1989.
    So we can't say anything about Vipers. However Corvettes do look very much like RX-7s and NSXs along w/ a handful of other cars.<!-- Signature -->

19. GM didn't borrow any design cues from any car to build the C5 Corvette except from the earlier C2 stingrays and the C4s. Yeah, they're lower and more sleek, but that's what happens to any car after so many successful years out there. Think about it as evolution.

20. the viper came out in 89, it was a concept car then, and then they started to produce it in 92, so it seems as though mazda ripped off the viper, not the other way around. But what does it matte? a viper would kill this thing any day, plus the engine will last longer than 100,000km.

21. For the stupid viper comment ok compare the costs and put the difference into the 7 and we'll see who's who. Not fair to compare them stock. Unless were racin on a back road then i could take a viper in a goddamn civic. Vipers are great to look at but should never be put on a track. Its like drivin a goddamn truck. 7's are a better all around car and if the car is taken care of it will run as long as any other car

22. uh which part of it looks like a viper, anyway, on a race track, the viper can never outrun the rx-7. and don't even start about drag racing, it's a different thing although it too is fast(around 6000cc difference in size of the engine)

23. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from HemiHead</i>
    <b>the viper came out in 89, it was a concept car then, and then they started to produce it in 92, so it seems as though mazda ripped off the viper, not the other way around. But what does it matte? a viper would kill this thing any day, plus the engine will last longer than 100,000km.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    they can last pretty long, but if you don't know shit about em and just slap random upgrades on they will blow.
    Ripped off the viper? uhm, sure buddy.
    Also a viper costs more than 2x more, and has 450hp stock.
    And we'd still beat on a viper in the twisties.
    <!-- Signature -->

24. is any body out whir into driting???

25. the car looks nothin like either the vette, or the viper. and for the dude that said the rx-7 has been out longer than both, the first viper concept was in the late 1980's. so i'd say the viper took that one. but anyway, this car is weak!! twin turbo double rotary, and only 276 horse power!!! thats insanely weak, my friends got a 91' toyota p/u, with single turbo, and hes got close to 250 hp, this car is weak.