Re: MURCIELAGO OR CARRERA GT?????

Discussion in '2002 Lamborghini Murciélago' started by Porsche LVR, Aug 9, 2002.

1. You're in the wrong place if I may say. Your topic is stupid and shouldn't be here. Anyone who will respond to this will pick a Murcielago over a VW Beetle look-a-like anytime of the day. Being a Porsche lover you should know that not may people will dare to compare a Porsche to a Lamborghini, unless you address the RUF. Even though you'll lose. There's many reasons why I would pick a Murcielago over a Porsche and I just don't know where to begin. But, there's One reason I wouldn't pick a Porsche. Can you say,"UGLY."

2. offcourse i will take the kick ass LAMBORGHINI

let me spell it out for u CarreraGtRacer

i will take the L-A-M-B-O-R-G-H-I-N-I<!-- Signature -->

3. Y YA'LL JEALOUS OF THE CARRERA GT??? CUZ IT WILL SMOKE THE LAMBO? LAMBORGHINI IS NICE BUT WHEN IT RACES THE CARRERA GT IT WILL GET SMOKED

4. CarreraGTracer What type of drugs were you using, porche and lamborghini of furous 580 horsepowered Speed Demon machine

DUH!<!-- Signature -->

5. HEY SPEED DEMON LEARN TO SPELL AND READ. ITS CARRERAGTRACER NOT CARRERAGTRACER

IF YOU LOOK AT THE FACTS THE LAMBO WEIGHS ALOT MORE THAN THE CARRERA GT AND THE CARRERA GT PRODUCES MORE HORSEPOWER SO I THINK THE CARRERA GT HAS THE ADVANTAGE.

6. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from CarreraGtRacer</i>
    <b>HEY SPEED DEMON LEARN TO SPELL AND READ. ITS CARRERAGTRACER NOT CARRERAGTRACER

IF YOU LOOK AT THE FACTS THE LAMBO WEIGHS ALOT MORE THAN THE CARRERA GT AND THE CARRERA GT PRODUCES MORE HORSEPOWER SO I THINK THE CARRERA GT HAS THE ADVANTAGE.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

um idiot maybe u should check he spelt it right.<!-- Signature -->

7. I want both!!!

8. CarreraGTrace posted the same message in the porsche form. He told all those dumbasses to post their replies in here. I say everyone that would that a lambo over a porsche should post thier replies in the porsche form.

9. Quote from speedeemon
    LETS COMPARE THE FACTS

LAMBORGHINI-

Engine V12 0 - 60 mph 3.8 seconds
    Horsepower 432.5 kw / 580.0 bhp @ 7500 rpm 0 - 100 mph Not Available
    Transmission 6-Speed Manual Topspeed 330 kph / 205.1 mph
    Weight 1650 kg / 3638 lbs

PORSCHE-

Engine 68 degree V10 0 - 60 mph 4.0 seconds
    Horsepower 416.1 kw / 558.0 bhp @ Not Available rpm 0 - 100 mph Not Available
    Transmission 6-Speed Manual Topspeed 330 kph / 205.1 mph
    Weight 1250 kg / 2756 lbs

CARRERA GT IS LIGHTER AND PRODUCES MORE HORSEPOWER

read the facts the lambo has 22 more horsepower you dumb ass.

Hey dumbass...do u think a crumby 22 horsepower will matter if the lambo is an extra freaking 882 lbs. overweight. read the other replys (TylerDruden's will make you piss your pants). less weight equals faster acceleration. Plus, it is made to take corners at speeds that would make your lambo skid off the track and go to where it belongs, the scrapyard. the 4.0 second estimated accelaration rate is not accurate. I have seen a 911 gt2 clock in at 3.6 seconds (Road at Track test), and it is heavier and less powerfull than the carrera gt. if you have anything for a brain, you will realize that the carrera gt will clock in at 3.3 if not better. with its cornering, advanced braking, and nasty acceleration it will make your fighting bull look like a cow! I am stopping myself before i write profanity about you conceded lamborgini freaks. you guys ought to learn something about cars! Murcielago is just a pretty face when compared to the Carrera GT. Damn, the Murcielago doesn't even look like a nice face, it looks like one dumb, and pouting *****. Murcielago means, "Bat". nice name, hmmm? you are willing to fork over a couple hundered thousand for something that is named a bat? that is ridiculous. i have so much more respect for the diablo than this "bat", and neither of them would win against a porsche Carrera GT. Carrera means "race" and it is a race that will leave either a diablo or a murcielaogo (bat, hahaha. what a joke) in the dust.

10. speedeemon, i think that you are so full of crap that it comes out of your mouth. A Carrera GT will out accelarate, out corner, and out decelerate a Murcielago in a heartbeat. And don't bother putting that bull shit tech specs on the Carrera GT and the Murcielago. Let me tell you a story. On Road and Track, the Porsche GT 2 Out accelarated the Lamborgini and clocked in at 3.6 seconds in the 0-60. But of course, you just talk smack, and don't bother to look at the specs in the car magazines. you are just like a 5 year old, you look at all the pretty pictures. If a GT 2 (which is less powerful and more heavy than a Carrera GT) smoked your lambo, imagine what dark corner the carrera GT will shove your Murcielago into? And who was that punk that said that Porsche can't compete with Lamborgini. You are right, you know why? Becasue Porsche has already won. I suggest lamborgini takes their cow and sends it back to Italy where it belongs!Gentlemen, relish in your ignorance. CARRERAGTRACER, why do you even bother trying to get this fact throught their dumb heads? They are as dumb as the car they worship.

11. hey CarreraGtRacer, did i ever say the carrera can't beat a lambo to 60mph. I simply corrected your mistake of saying that the carrera gt has more power.I know that the lambos name means bat. You also said that murcielago (bat) is a damb name for a car. That name is keeping the lamborghini tradition of naming thier cars after famous fighting bulls. I don't know what carrera means and i am sure it is not traditional. Tha lambo is also more practical to dive... does the carrera even have a top that can be fixed so no one gets in the car when parked?

How do you know which one has better cornering? Have you personally driven both cars? Wieght is not the most inportant thing in cornering. Center of gravity is, and geuss what the murcielago has one of the best center of gavity around in a road car. Aerodynamics are also important. The amount of downforce generated is inportant.
    In A recent road test of the "bat" complements where given to the cars cornering and braking.

remember that mabey now the porsche is faster. but with cars other than the 911 porsche normally doesn't inprove them. lambo has a history of making all its good cars into better cars. so don't be surprised if the lambo is quicker, and faster in a few years. The diablo gt has a reported time of 3.2 seconds to 60mph. it will also hit 211mph. so an old lambo already has the potential of betting the carrera gt. And why did you tell the in the porsche form to come here?

12. Did i mention that the murcielago also has all wheel drive. Improiving grip. helping acceleration and cornering. The extra torque that the lambo has should also help this cars 0-60 time.

13. I honestly think that it's going to be a pretty close match between the two. Because if you think about it, they both have their own unique advantages. Porsche has the lighter body with a lighter turbo charged engine, but on the other hand, Lamborghini does have more power with AWD. And as for turning and cornering, it's too hard to predict considering that both cars are mid-engined. So whatever the outcome is, I'm going to love both of these cars for their own personal advantages.

14. Oh, and by the way, the word Murci'elago in Spanish is really derived as a bat, but the true meaning that Lamborghini was getting from this was from a legendary strong and able bull who's life was spared in a very fierce battle in 1879. And getting the title of the Murci'elago was a true honor, because it was only bestowed upon animals who showed exceptional courage and spirit in the arena.

15. Murcielago:
    0-60 mph: 3.6 seconds
    1/4 mile 11. 5 seconds
    1 km standing 20.8-9 seconds

The Murcielago has already been compared to the Porsche GT2, and the Porsche GT2 ended up getting smoked. Check the ROAD TEST thread by mafalda for a direct comparison.

16. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Christianmc</i>
    <b>Murcielago:
    0-60 mph: 3.6 seconds
    1/4 mile 11. 5 seconds
    1 km standing 20.8-9 seconds

The Murcielago has already been compared to the Porsche GT2, and the Porsche GT2 ended up getting smoked. Check the ROAD TEST thread by mafalda for a direct comparison.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Murcielago might even do 0-60 in 3.3 sec. according to Motor Trend

17. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from speedeemon</i>
    <b>hey CarreraGtRacer, did i ever say the carrera can't beat a lambo to 60mph. I simply corrected your mistake of saying that the carrera gt has more power.I know that the lambos name means bat. You also said that murcielago (bat) is a damb name for a car. That name is keeping the lamborghini tradition of naming thier cars after famous fighting bulls. I don't know what carrera means and i am sure it is not traditional. Tha lambo is also more practical to dive... does the carrera even have a top that can be fixed so no one gets in the car when parked?

How do you know which one has better cornering? Have you personally driven both cars? Wieght is not the most inportant thing in cornering. Center of gravity is, and geuss what the murcielago has one of the best center of gavity around in a road car. Aerodynamics are also important. The amount of downforce generated is inportant.
    In A recent road test of the "bat" complements where given to the cars cornering and braking.

remember that mabey now the porsche is faster. but with cars other than the 911 porsche normally doesn't inprove them. lambo has a history of making all its good cars into better cars. so don't be surprised if the lambo is quicker, and faster in a few years. The diablo gt has a reported time of 3.2 seconds to 60mph. it will also hit 211mph. so an old lambo already has the potential of betting the carrera gt. And why did you tell the in the porsche form to come here?
    </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    Hey Speedeemon,
    The Carrera Gt will whoop this chubby car anyday. What did I say about cornering(i didn't say shit). And Porsche Will make a hard top for it I think. No one was agreeing with me so I told the people in the Porsche Forums to come down here and give me support. And also Porsche will make this car better than it is as of now. The car in the end will be the bomb.

18. if u read around carreragtracer u will find out that the murcielago comes with an optional sixth gear ratio that allows the murc to reach a top speed of 217mph, the same speed as the coveted Ruf GTR, and this car is stock, and as for its conering it is alot better than the porsche, it is the only other production car next to ferrari f50 to set a nurburgring time in the 7:40sec range, so go and read up first!
    later
    peace<!-- Signature -->

19. What's up with all those flamin #%$gots coming in here trying to say that Porsches can beat Lambos, stop talking out of your asses, Porsche is shit compared to Lamborghini, Porsche shouldn't even be in the same building as Lamborghini

20. lamborghinis are so crappy. they look so ugly and to tell u the truth u would pay more money to fix a lambo than u did buying the lambo

21. the 7:52 and the 7:40 were things i heard from a friend, he was a technician on a former formula 1 team and he has the inside track on most of the new cars from European, but that is what the testing mule did, the 7:52, and that is fast, but i 2 would like to see some evidence from a my friend, but still that is damn fast if it is true, but going back to the carrera gt statement, it is not better for one reason, it is Porsche, every single car from porsche has been described as cold and crafted with no love, it is simply a machine, u wait till the Murc GT comes out, the Carrera GT vs the Murc GT, that seems fair, ahahahahahahaha, then lets see who will win, RWD vs RWD, *****, peace<!-- Signature -->

22. MURCIELAGO OR CARRERA GT?

I would much rather have the Carrera GT than the Murcielago for many reasons. While the Murcielago is interesting and has a better engine configuration (V-12 as opposed to a V-10), I find it to be utilitarian and uninspired. While everyone participating in this forum so far hasn't hesitated to present statistics supporting they're side of the argument, no one has compared fundamental design or historical elements. The lamborghini is more powerful hands down, it makes 22 bhp more and 37 ft lbs of torque more than the Carrera. But those numbers are misleading, the Carrera GT pulls 4.9 pounds for each horse it makes while the lamborghini pulls 6.2 pound for every horse. The Carrera maintains the historically significant rear wheel drive, while the lambo has incorporated an all-wheel drive system which is much heavier and more complex. The lambo has private labeled brembo discs with 4 piston calipers while Porsche had designed a new 8 piston calipers closing on ceramic discs which reduce weight and wear factor by a great deal. According to Road & Track (January 2002 page 59) the Murcielago was designed to accommodate the engine/transmission configuration, the porsche was designed in a wind tunnel to have the best aerodynamic ratio of drag to downforce possible. I like the Carrera, but it is just a matter of opinion, the driver of the lambo would kick my ass if it were wet outside.

23. im sorry, i think that both cars r awesome, but this is only the first Lambo model, there will undoubtably be a rear wheel drive version of this car, and when it does come out, the carrera will get beaten even worse than it gets beaten now, peace<!-- Signature -->

24. Carrera Gt ugly? What the hell is wrong with you?