Re: mustang

Discussion in '2002 Mazda RX-7 Spirit R' started by E46_M3, Aug 10, 2002.

1. Re: mustang vs. any rx7

mustang sucks<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: mustang vs. any rx7

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from wootah</i>
    <b>why would anyone think that a Rustang would even come close to an RX-7. The motor makes "276 hp" claimed, but the numbers are actually closer to 300. The new Cobra makes what, 300? Besides that, the RX-7 is a lot easier to modify and make power with. Add a new turbo, intercooler, intake, exhaust, and a boost and enigne controller and the RX-7 would whoop all over any road going mustang. Shit, I have seen RX-7's making 700-800 hp. Who actually thinks the Mustang is worth anything anyways, it is ugly as hell now. Geez.........</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    I promised myself I would stay out of this post, but you just had to go there wootah.

Lets just say the RX-7 makes 300 hp, well the 2003 Mustang Cobra makes 390 claimed, but reports are coming in from different magazines that it may be closer to 400+.

And you say that an RX-7 is easier to modify? Maybe you should pick up a copy of a Summit Racing catalog, or how about any mustang magazine. I have been racing and modifying mustangs for years now. You can take a 1989 mustang with a 5.0 V-8 in it (stock claimed 225 horsepower), add a new intake, injectors, heads, pullies, and a full exhaust system and you are talking around 400 horsepower n/a. No turbo, no gas, just good ole efficiency. And you can do all that work in an afternoon. Now I do not know about the new mustangs, but with the number of modified ones I have seen around, I would think it could not be that tough.

So what if you have seen RX-7's making 700-800 horsepower, I have seen Mustangs dyno a 800 horsepower without power adders. And an RX-7 needs a turbo to make 250-300 horsepower? I will hold my comment on that.

Now you say they are ugly? Thats your opinion. But if you want ugly, you ought to see some of the ricer mobiles cruising around in Georgia.

On a side note:
    I am so damn tired of you kids claiming that a turbo motor is efficient. Forced induction doesn’t make it efficient; it makes it burn more O2 (oxygen for you without chemistry experience). An efficient motor can pull in enough air and fuel to make significant horsepower without help from a belt driven pump (see Lamborghini, Ferrari, and BMW for further reference)

Once again, this is stated facts, I am not attacking the RX-7, I still have alot of respect for them. The rotary motor is a design marvel, but don't compare apples to oranges, you still get fruit salad no matter how you slice it.<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: mustang vs. any rx7

let's put it this way, RX7 vs. a "mustake" or mustang wutever u wanna call them, the RX7 would burn the mustang...it has a #$%#in double rotary engine!...u can't beat rotary power baby!

4. Re: mustang vs. any rx7

I have a video where an Rx7 blew away a Mustang. Rx7s are great cars.

5. Re: mustang vs. any rx7

don't the rotary engines seem to die around 200 000 kms? I've never seen one over 200k without having a new motor or something. theres an old rx7 around my parts thats seems to smoke everyone but he had to drop a chevy 350 in it to make it run with the big boys.

6. #6 1q2w3e, Aug 10, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: mustang vs. any rx7

then hes an idiot. People don't maintain them properly thats all. They run fine.

Secondly, the guy that mentioned twin turbos. Thats great. Its a 1.3ltr engine. Whats the mustang? 4.6-5.0? V8. Smart.

The mustang costs more in australia so i don't give a #$%# about the price in america. Somewhere else in the world the price is different.

The bathurst edition RX7 is a production model. all the 178kw cars ran mid 5s and 13.4 1/4s. this mades upwards of 30-40kw more, and its lighter do the maths.

Not tunable? www.rotormaster.com.au or www.pacperformance.com.au

go check them out. As for the existing cobra, in australia they can't crack mid 14s in it. And the 2003 isn't out yet is it? If its not don't compare it your going on speculation not fact.

On a track the RX7 would hand it its arse. The bathurst edition is called it because it won the 12 hour three years in a row before they stopped using it. That was up against porsches, V8s everything.

They still race them here, and they still win.

7. Re: mustang vs. any rx7

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Ferrari4ever123</i>
    <b>haha

Mustang Vs. RX7

I think that the RX7 vs Z06 battle was a little more serious

listen...a mustang can be beaten by a 1.8L Acura Integra Type R

Mustang 1/4 = 15 something
    Integra 1/4 14.6

now that is funny

RX7 stock is 13.7

You Saleen will also get spanked......if the RX7 and the Stang have the same HP there will be no contest...you know why the Japanese never compare the 2 cars.....because they know it is a hot pile of garbage....it dosen't have the class to hang with a RX7</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

A V6 maybe. Not that the standard GT with the 4.6 is fast, but it will definitly break 15 and likely 14 with a decent driver. <!-- Signature -->

8. Re: mustang vs. any rx7

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote Dont cry, "cudgel thy brains no more about it, for your dull as will not mend his pace with beating". The possibility of you identifying this quote goes in hand with the rx7 beating a cobra mustang.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Hamlet act 5 scene 1, fool. Cudgel not thy brains whenst thou ist beaten by thine RX7.<!-- Signature -->

9. mustang vs. any rx7

a mustang gt can beat this a sallen mustang can beat this and the cobra 2002 or 2003 can beat this and the new mach 1.<!-- Signature -->

10. Re: mustang vs. any rx7

Ok, I love Mustangs (infact I own a '96 GT convertable) but this is a ridiculous statement.

11. Re: mustang vs. any rx7

Too bad this car will never see a race against a Ford "Mustake." The Japaneese don't allow poor quality cars like that into their country! I bet if you owned a Honda Civic, you would say that your Civic would dust this car too!

12. Re: mustang vs. any rx7

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from GT40 2</i>
    <b>a mustang gt can beat this a sallen mustang can beat this and the cobra 2002 or 2003 can beat this and the new mach 1.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

You might be the biggest tool I have ever seen! A GT Wouldn't ever get close to this thing. If you tweaked an RX-7 it would beat a Saleen. (Remember a Saleen is a tweaked Mustang.) And the Mach 1 Would compare good with this one.<!-- Signature -->

13. Re: mustang vs. any rx7

RX-7s are works of art. Their rotary engine is a very unique and effective way of powering a car. I love these things.

14. Re: mustang vs. any rx7

what this dude is saying is like saying a Corvette will beat a mustang GT a new z06 will beat the Cobra and the Lingenfelter 427 TT will beat any saleen'
    and yes this thing would beat a GT mustang cause they are over weight and slow<!-- Signature -->

15. Re: mustang vs. any rx7

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from GTR WRX</i>
    <b>RX-7s are works of art. Their rotary engine is a very unique and effective way of powering a car. I love these things. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->plus add to the fact that they are high revving, and very responsive and is one of the best handling cars in the world.<!-- Signature -->

16. Re: mustang vs. any rx7

The RX-7 is the better of the two. It looks better, is faster, handles better and doesn't need a 500L engine to hit 140. The mustang is overweight, ill handling and gets cancelled out by the rotation of the earth. <!-- Signature -->

17. Re: mustang vs. any rx7

i am not sure about cobra, but this car will smoke mustang GT any day, at least RX7 has two x the price lol

18. Re: mustang vs. any rx7

haha

Mustang Vs. RX7

I think that the RX7 vs Z06 battle was a little more serious

listen...a mustang can be beaten by a 1.8L Acura Integra Type R

Mustang 1/4 = 15 something
    Integra 1/4 14.6

now that is funny

RX7 stock is 13.7

You Saleen will also get spanked......if the RX7 and the Stang have the same HP there will be no contest...you know why the Japanese never compare the 2 cars.....because they know it is a hot pile of garbage....it dosen't have the class to hang with a RX7

19. Re: mustang vs. any rx7

Ok, time to put some FACTS out on the table.

First of all, a Acura integra running a 14.6? Maybe with slicks and a good intake and exhaust system ( and I don't mean a K&n filter and a buzz tip).

Second of all when you say "tweak" you mean, set up a car so it would be a fast as possible, you see, saleens are designed to give you more punch, but still be reliable and streetable. I have seen the cars the big mouths like to talk about, they can't be driven on public roads. But noone wants to talk about the mustangs that never see that streets, like the mustangs running in the 7's on a 5.0 liter motor.

Now I am not denying the RX-7 its place. The rotary engine is a design marvel, but does have its draw backs, like all motors, like NO, and I mean NO, low-end torque, i.e. 0-60 accelaration. I know there are RX-7's that have some quite amazing 0-60 times, but in stock trim a 2002 cobra vs. this RX-7 "r" you might be surprised on the quarter mile track. I the curves, the RX-7 would probably have, but that relies on the driver.

One last point, if the japenese make such great race cars, why don't they compete against the British and Americans in the GT, GTS, and prototype classes? Its because they could not build cars that they could sell in Japan and race and win with against the US and Britian. Two different countries, two different car types, two different worlds.

Learn to respect the other or shut the hell up.<!-- Signature -->

20. Re: mustang vs. any rx7

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from _M3_GTR_</i>
    <b>RX7 Kick mustang Gt's Ass Not Sure Of Cobra But Cobra R Would Kick Its Ass (See Pic Of Red Mustang Cobra R) Also I Agree The 1300 CC Rotary IS A Work Of Art MPG Sucks Though.

P.S Anyone Who Dosent like M3's or 911's Is a Retard.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I agree with everything you said.<!-- Signature -->

21. Re: mustang vs. any rx7

I love you people who make no sense and have no idea what your talking about =P<!-- Signature -->

22. Re: mustang vs. any rx7

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from S7-311</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from _M3_GTR_</i>
    <b>RX7 Kick mustang Gt's Ass Not Sure Of Cobra But Cobra R Would Kick Its Ass (See Pic Of Red Mustang Cobra R) Also I Agree The 1300 CC Rotary IS A Work Of Art MPG Sucks Though.

P.S Anyone Who Dosent like M3's or 911's Is a Retard.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I agree with everything you said.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->I agree too<!-- Signature -->

23. Re: mustang vs. any rx7

GREY_RUNNER is a complete idiot. Have you ever seen the RX7.com drag cars? They run sevens and they are a 1.3 liter which proves that Ford doesn't know how to make anything correctly. The 2002 Nissan Altima smokes the new Mustang, so does the WRX, Evo, Sti, M5 and guess what, they are all sedans!!! Ford's engineering sucks.

24. Re: mustang vs. any rx7

This mustang guy must be smoking crack, my Nissan Maxima has (and will!) dusted every GT its met. Its whopping 260hp barely compares to the Camaro/Trans Am's 325hp. Saleen does not count b/c it is a tweaked mustang, compare the Saleen to a tweaked RX7, or SLP or Mecham Camaro/Trans Am and see what happens. Ford can't compete, horsepower tv took two crate motors, chevy and ford, both rated identically from the factory, added the same parts to each, and in the end the chevy produced about 100 more horsepower than the ford!

25. Re: mustang vs. any rx7

MUSTANGS RULE !!!!!!!!!!!
    RX7's are hot cars, and they go hard. But Mustangs are better looking and a Saleen can kick it's ass so can a Cobra R.

FORDS RULE <!-- Signature -->