Re: mustang

Discussion in '2002 Mazda RX-7 Spirit R' started by sparetire, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: mustang vs. any rx7

OK
    Turbos add torque and HP, so those of you who say this needs high revs are ignorant as all hell. Most of you have no idea that the rotary idles at about 500rpm. It still gets incredible 0-60, so gee I guess it has power down low.

Next, don't say the 4.6 is inefficient compared to the 1.3. It is, but that because the 1.3 is a rotary. Show me a 1.3 inline engine puching 250 hp with out a turbo. Rotary desighns are just more efficient. Thought they do need rebuilds more often.

National pride has little to do with Mustang sales. Looks and power and cheapness do. Those who say its national pride obviously do not know how trendy it has been since I have been around to hate all things American and western. Pride does not sell cars. If it did, imports would not sell as well as they do in the states, and let me tell you, they sell damn well here. I'm right in the middle of the US, in Northern Colorado. What ever the cost in Aus., they are Damn cheap here, cheaper by a sight than the RX-7 when it was around. But yeah, the '7 will take a Mustang stock vs stock. It has a 400 lbs weight advantage and plenty of power.

<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: mustang vs. any rx7

yea, basically mustang is garbage. i would like to take a dump on any mustang that tried to front this RX-7. yup. i'd take a big 'ol dookie right on the hood...rx-7 is badass, but supra TT is still my number one ride. even though its heavier, it can be tuned to do anything. Supra can be defined in one word...Punisher. Supra4Life.

3. Re: mustang vs. any rx7

You guys are morans. If you look, a Mazda is a ford product, not a Japanese car. The reason they don't compare them is because you don't compare two of your own cars. Rx7's are fast, I used to have one and they haul. Try racing one and you will lose.

4. Re: mustang vs. any rx7

MUSTANGS RULE !!!!!!!!!!!
    RX7's are hot cars, and they go hard. But Mustangs are better looking and a Saleen can kick it's ass so can a Cobra R.

FORDS RULE <!-- Signature -->

5. mustang vs. any rx7

a mustang gt can beat this a sallen mustang can beat this and the cobra 2002 or 2003 can beat this and the new mach 1.<!-- Signature -->

6. Re: mustang vs. any rx7

Ok, I love Mustangs (infact I own a '96 GT convertable) but this is a ridiculous statement.

7. Re: mustang vs. any rx7

Too bad this car will never see a race against a Ford "Mustake." The Japaneese don't allow poor quality cars like that into their country! I bet if you owned a Honda Civic, you would say that your Civic would dust this car too!

8. Re: mustang vs. any rx7

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from GT40 2</i>
    <b>a mustang gt can beat this a sallen mustang can beat this and the cobra 2002 or 2003 can beat this and the new mach 1.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

You might be the biggest tool I have ever seen! A GT Wouldn't ever get close to this thing. If you tweaked an RX-7 it would beat a Saleen. (Remember a Saleen is a tweaked Mustang.) And the Mach 1 Would compare good with this one.<!-- Signature -->

9. Re: mustang vs. any rx7

mustang sucks<!-- Signature -->

10. Re: mustang vs. any rx7

RX-7s are works of art. Their rotary engine is a very unique and effective way of powering a car. I love these things.

11. Re: mustang vs. any rx7

what this dude is saying is like saying a Corvette will beat a mustang GT a new z06 will beat the Cobra and the Lingenfelter 427 TT will beat any saleen'
    and yes this thing would beat a GT mustang cause they are over weight and slow<!-- Signature -->

12. Re: mustang vs. any rx7

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from GTR WRX</i>
    <b>RX-7s are works of art. Their rotary engine is a very unique and effective way of powering a car. I love these things. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->plus add to the fact that they are high revving, and very responsive and is one of the best handling cars in the world.<!-- Signature -->

13. Re: mustang vs. any rx7

The RX-7 is the better of the two. It looks better, is faster, handles better and doesn't need a 500L engine to hit 140. The mustang is overweight, ill handling and gets cancelled out by the rotation of the earth. <!-- Signature -->

14. Re: mustang vs. any rx7

i am not sure about cobra, but this car will smoke mustang GT any day, at least RX7 has two x the price lol

15. Re: mustang vs. any rx7

haha

Mustang Vs. RX7

I think that the RX7 vs Z06 battle was a little more serious

listen...a mustang can be beaten by a 1.8L Acura Integra Type R

Mustang 1/4 = 15 something
    Integra 1/4 14.6

now that is funny

RX7 stock is 13.7

You Saleen will also get spanked......if the RX7 and the Stang have the same HP there will be no contest...you know why the Japanese never compare the 2 cars.....because they know it is a hot pile of garbage....it dosen't have the class to hang with a RX7

16. Re: mustang vs. any rx7

Ok, time to put some FACTS out on the table.

First of all, a Acura integra running a 14.6? Maybe with slicks and a good intake and exhaust system ( and I don't mean a K&n filter and a buzz tip).

Second of all when you say "tweak" you mean, set up a car so it would be a fast as possible, you see, saleens are designed to give you more punch, but still be reliable and streetable. I have seen the cars the big mouths like to talk about, they can't be driven on public roads. But noone wants to talk about the mustangs that never see that streets, like the mustangs running in the 7's on a 5.0 liter motor.

Now I am not denying the RX-7 its place. The rotary engine is a design marvel, but does have its draw backs, like all motors, like NO, and I mean NO, low-end torque, i.e. 0-60 accelaration. I know there are RX-7's that have some quite amazing 0-60 times, but in stock trim a 2002 cobra vs. this RX-7 "r" you might be surprised on the quarter mile track. I the curves, the RX-7 would probably have, but that relies on the driver.

One last point, if the japenese make such great race cars, why don't they compete against the British and Americans in the GT, GTS, and prototype classes? Its because they could not build cars that they could sell in Japan and race and win with against the US and Britian. Two different countries, two different car types, two different worlds.

Learn to respect the other or shut the hell up.<!-- Signature -->

17. Re: mustang vs. any rx7

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from _M3_GTR_</i>
    <b>RX7 Kick mustang Gt's Ass Not Sure Of Cobra But Cobra R Would Kick Its Ass (See Pic Of Red Mustang Cobra R) Also I Agree The 1300 CC Rotary IS A Work Of Art MPG Sucks Though.

P.S Anyone Who Dosent like M3's or 911's Is a Retard.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I agree with everything you said.<!-- Signature -->

18. Re: mustang vs. any rx7

I love you people who make no sense and have no idea what your talking about =P<!-- Signature -->

19. Re: mustang vs. any rx7

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from S7-311</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from _M3_GTR_</i>
    <b>RX7 Kick mustang Gt's Ass Not Sure Of Cobra But Cobra R Would Kick Its Ass (See Pic Of Red Mustang Cobra R) Also I Agree The 1300 CC Rotary IS A Work Of Art MPG Sucks Though.

P.S Anyone Who Dosent like M3's or 911's Is a Retard.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I agree with everything you said.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->I agree too<!-- Signature -->

20. Re: mustang vs. any rx7

GREY_RUNNER is a complete idiot. Have you ever seen the RX7.com drag cars? They run sevens and they are a 1.3 liter which proves that Ford doesn't know how to make anything correctly. The 2002 Nissan Altima smokes the new Mustang, so does the WRX, Evo, Sti, M5 and guess what, they are all sedans!!! Ford's engineering sucks.

21. Re: mustang vs. any rx7

This mustang guy must be smoking crack, my Nissan Maxima has (and will!) dusted every GT its met. Its whopping 260hp barely compares to the Camaro/Trans Am's 325hp. Saleen does not count b/c it is a tweaked mustang, compare the Saleen to a tweaked RX7, or SLP or Mecham Camaro/Trans Am and see what happens. Ford can't compete, horsepower tv took two crate motors, chevy and ford, both rated identically from the factory, added the same parts to each, and in the end the chevy produced about 100 more horsepower than the ford!

22. Re: mustang vs. any rx7

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from TIMMAHH</i>
    <b>You seem to forget that this is a TURBO rotary, and it has plenty of torque, similar to what's available in a WRX STI or Lancer GSR EVO VI.

Both are sold here in Australia (well the RX7 up until 97 NEway).

Ford Rustang Cobra 0-100km's in 6.2 sec, quarter mile in 14.66.
    Mazda RX7 Bathurst (197 kilowatts, not the 206 model mentioned here)
    0-100km's an hour in 5.5 sec, quarter in 13.6 seconds.

Then of course you hit the first corner and the old 'Stang is left for dead. The thing looks like it was designed (and feels like it was built) in the 1980's (inside and out) - and what's with the fake air intakes behind the doors? Ha ha ha.

Seriously though, any mustang is completely outclassed by this car.
    You should stick to comparing it to other American mustle cars and not true sports cars because it will be embarrased every time.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

First off... even w/ a twin turbo, this thing would b lacking tourque.
    second... where did this Bathurst RX7 come from?
    third... whered you get your times for the Cobra? maybe the gt does
    0-100km/hr in 6.2, but the cobra is like 5.5

and guess what, this RX7 is much more expensive, (in the US, cant speak for those elsewhere) I wont ask about the one you speak of. Why is there always some ass like yourself who has to rip on cars for no reason, its not a sh*tty, it gives great bang for the buck.

The performance of one car doesnt change that of another. If its fast its fast.<!-- Signature -->

23. Re: mustang vs. any rx7

why would anyone think that a Rustang would even come close to an RX-7. The motor makes "276 hp" claimed, but the numbers are actually closer to 300. The new Cobra makes what, 300? Besides that, the RX-7 is a lot easier to modify and make power with. Add a new turbo, intercooler, intake, exhaust, and a boost and enigne controller and the RX-7 would whoop all over any road going mustang. Shit, I have seen RX-7's making 700-800 hp. Who actually thinks the Mustang is worth anything anyways, it is ugly as hell now. Geez.........

24. Re: mustang vs. any rx7

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from wootah</i>
    <b>why would anyone think that a Rustang would even come close to an RX-7. The motor makes "276 hp" claimed, but the numbers are actually closer to 300. The new Cobra makes what, 300? Besides that, the RX-7 is a lot easier to modify and make power with. Add a new turbo, intercooler, intake, exhaust, and a boost and enigne controller and the RX-7 would whoop all over any road going mustang. Shit, I have seen RX-7's making 700-800 hp. Who actually thinks the Mustang is worth anything anyways, it is ugly as hell now. Geez.........</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    I promised myself I would stay out of this post, but you just had to go there wootah.

Lets just say the RX-7 makes 300 hp, well the 2003 Mustang Cobra makes 390 claimed, but reports are coming in from different magazines that it may be closer to 400+.

And you say that an RX-7 is easier to modify? Maybe you should pick up a copy of a Summit Racing catalog, or how about any mustang magazine. I have been racing and modifying mustangs for years now. You can take a 1989 mustang with a 5.0 V-8 in it (stock claimed 225 horsepower), add a new intake, injectors, heads, pullies, and a full exhaust system and you are talking around 400 horsepower n/a. No turbo, no gas, just good ole efficiency. And you can do all that work in an afternoon. Now I do not know about the new mustangs, but with the number of modified ones I have seen around, I would think it could not be that tough.

So what if you have seen RX-7's making 700-800 horsepower, I have seen Mustangs dyno a 800 horsepower without power adders. And an RX-7 needs a turbo to make 250-300 horsepower? I will hold my comment on that.

Now you say they are ugly? Thats your opinion. But if you want ugly, you ought to see some of the ricer mobiles cruising around in Georgia.

On a side note:
    I am so damn tired of you kids claiming that a turbo motor is efficient. Forced induction doesn’t make it efficient; it makes it burn more O2 (oxygen for you without chemistry experience). An efficient motor can pull in enough air and fuel to make significant horsepower without help from a belt driven pump (see Lamborghini, Ferrari, and BMW for further reference)

Once again, this is stated facts, I am not attacking the RX-7, I still have alot of respect for them. The rotary motor is a design marvel, but don't compare apples to oranges, you still get fruit salad no matter how you slice it.<!-- Signature -->

25. Re: mustang vs. any rx7

let's put it this way, RX7 vs. a "mustake" or mustang wutever u wanna call them, the RX7 would burn the mustang...it has a #$%#in double rotary engine!...u can't beat rotary power baby!