Re: My S2000 beats any car.

Discussion in '2000 Honda S2000' started by VR4, Aug 9, 2002.

1. My bad it was Valve.

2. Actually Variable Valve Timing and Electronic Lift Control; I figured if I was going to hate rice burners, I'm gonna know what I'm talking about. You're right; everybody has something like that, even my '66 Mustang (I call it "Vacuum Advance").

3. Know thy enemy.

4. buzzbomber:

your a #$%#in idiot...oh lets get a 10000 ci engine...oh really #$%#in good job you stupid #$%# inbread dumbass piece of shit....nice try though...but hey your still a #$%# up...maybe you should just go home and shoot yourself...that would probably be best for society..i mean its #$%#in idiots like you that have brought down this society
    but hey dumbass..i gotta give you that a 10000 ci engine would be badass..but hey lets be realistic

5. I drive a 5-speed Honda Civic. I love it's handling, and I've been tempted to modify it, but then I'd just be like all the other high school dropouts. I had a rice rocket towed outta my parking space at my college apartment. Needless to say, his fart-can car doesn't park in my space. I hate those damn fart cans. Some ass on my street at home has a Mazda MX-3? with one and I want to go kick it off the car.
    But enough about little dick guys who drive cars with big fat pussies, i.e. rice rockets. Honda makes cars that last, for stock cars at least. American (4 cyl)stock cars can't compete (I know, I drove a 4 cyl Olds that blew 2 engines before 100,000 miles. Whatta POS). However, as my user name suggests, I am a big Jaguar fan since the XJ220 years ago. While it costs upwards of $250,000, it will beat the hell outta this S2000. It has a Twin Turbo V6, and the car weighs virtually nothing. Vette guy, and BrownDoggie, I feel ya. I'd drive an American car if I could afford it and if all the white trash around where I live didn't think that Firebirds, Camaros, and Corvettes were God's gift to rednecks (no offense, that's just how it is in Savannah). If you're gunna dream, dream big, not S2000.
    F*ck all rice rocket drivin' other f*ckers. I hope you run into a streetpost.

6. WHat Olds, outta curiosity? (I had a '90 Calais Quad-4, it was fast as #$%#, but I went through 3 clutches in 20,000 miles).

7. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from GimmeaJaguar</i>
    <b>I drive a 5-speed Honda Civic. I love it's handling, and I've been tempted to modify it, but then I'd just be like all the other high school dropouts. I had a rice rocket towed outta my parking space at my college apartment. Needless to say, his fart-can car doesn't park in my space. I hate those damn fart cans. Some ass on my street at home has a Mazda MX-3? with one and I want to go kick it off the car.
    But enough about little dick guys who drive cars with big fat pussies, i.e. rice rockets. Honda makes cars that last, for stock cars at least. American (4 cyl)stock cars can't compete (I know, I drove a 4 cyl Olds that blew 2 engines before 100,000 miles. Whatta POS). However, as my user name suggests, I am a big Jaguar fan since the XJ220 years ago. While it costs upwards of $250,000, it will beat the hell outta this S2000. It has a Twin Turbo V6, and the car weighs virtually nothing. Vette guy, and BrownDoggie, I feel ya. I'd drive an American car if I could afford it and if all the white trash around where I live didn't think that Firebirds, Camaros, and Corvettes were God's gift to rednecks (no offense, that's just how it is in Savannah). If you're gunna dream, dream big, not S2000.
    F*ck all rice rocket drivin' other f*ckers. I hope you run into a streetpost. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Hey, you're using your Honda for what it was made for. A reliable, economical car. My sister's Honda lasted for YEARS! God knows how many miles it had on it, and it was still running when she sold it. No question about it, for commuter cars Hondas are the best. My commuter cars have always been Saturns, but that's just because I'm patriotic.

If you're on a low budget you can still have good old fashioned, American fun! If you're mechanically inclined, you can pick up a mid-sixties to early seventies Mustang and Camaro. Buy a pony car that was made before smog laws, and ANYTHING GOES WITH MODS!! Mods are relatively cheap too. There is nothing in the world like car with an old smog-dirty 500 horse power engine, and modern day suspension upgrades. Old cars not your style? Pick up a newer used Mustang or Camaro. Just a hint if you go that rout. Newer-used Camaros, only go with the later years that have the LS1 engine. Newer-used Mustangs go with either 99+ or before 95 (when they had the 5.0 engine). The 5.0s are slow stock, but completely wicked with some work done! No BS, you can make 350+ horse power AND torque from a 5.0 with no forced air or nitrous.
    <!-- Signature -->

8. actually a b16 make 160 stock

that is a d16 i believe that makes 106 without VTEC

9. Lol, Sean, i don't think you should be talking since you wasted 50 Gs on a vette that is hardly faster than this 32500 car with a 4 CYLINDER. No, not a huge V8.

Real car people drive manuals.

10. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from needfaspeedsi</i>
    <b>Lol, Sean, i don't think you should be talking since you wasted 50 Gs on a vette that is hardly faster than this 32500 car with a 4 CYLINDER. No, not a huge V8.

Real car people drive manuals. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

needfaspeedsi, did you actually think about what you're saying or are you just talking out of your ass? I'm going to make you look really stupid, with everything you just said.

"since you wasted 50 Gs on a vette"
    Actually, new Corvette start just over $40,000, not $50,000. For 50K you can get a Corvette Z06. I just bought mine used for 30K. Oh damn you look stupid now.

"on a vette that is hardly faster than this 32500 car with a 4 CYLINDER."
    Your toy car averages about 14.7 second 1/4 mile times, and my Corvette averages about 13.2 seconds. Because you're an obvious idiot I'll explain it to you. 1 1/2 seconds in an eternity when comparing 1/4 mile times. Saying a Corvette is "hardly" faster than an S2000 is a pretty fxcking stupid thing to say.
    Oh wait, let me guess. Now you're going to say Corvettes handle like shxt right? I'm sure you will because that's what every other stupid Rice Burner tries to say. And car & driver, motortrend, and every other car review out there says the Corvettes stick to the road like glue.

"Real car people drive manuals."
    Every performance car I've ever owned was a manual. I found my Corvette with only 21,000 miles for $30,000, and it's in perfect condition. I spoke with many people in Corvette forums and found other people with '99 A4s were doing 12s in the 1/4 mile with just a cold air intake, and a Powerloader. Sitting in this car is like sitting in a cockpit. Dual power seats, mirrors, and telescoping steering wheel- all positioned with dual memory mode. A heads up display reflects off the windshield and into your eyes to you can read the MPH (digital), RMPs (analog), and your choice of oil pressure, coolant temperature, or fuel level. On the dash you can scroll through and digitally read every tire pressure, oil pressure, oil temp, coolant temp, and battery volts. All of these readings, even the speed can be displayed in American standard or metric at the push a button. Traction Control/Active Handling is another nice feature which can be turned on and off at the push of a button.
    So getting a great car that's loaded to the bone, with monster speed and handling, all for just $30,000. It was worth it to me to have an automatic, even though I prefer a manual.

Ok, you're right. I should not have blown my 30K on this car when I could have spent 32K on your little toy car. LOL!

And as far as you talking shxt about my big V8 vs your little 4 banger. I got ONE WORD for you that you Honda people hate to hear. It's almost considered profane to say near any rice burner. That word is.....

TORQUE!

Look it up sometime.
    <!-- Signature -->

11. I thought I talked about orque out of these motors? Guess not.
    You want a list. That's nice. I'll talk to my friend who actually built he car and post it just for you.

By the way, it is a DOHC 160 Hp motor.
    For all you Chevy people, that's Dual Overhead Cam
    [because there aren't any American cars with that(at least worth mentioning) I thought I might define it for you]

As for modified longevity, The same guy I know that built the B16a, built a show winning car with airbags and all this other crap that is still running, even after 3.5 years(the car is a 1997 I believe)

You happened to bring up another important thing by the way, SMOG. The government has placed laws on those wonderful "rice rockets" limiting their modification in America. So take it to JAPAN and tell me the same thing.<!-- Signature -->

12. You moron, America has the strictest emission laws in the world; if I took a GT to Europe and stripped it of all that shit, it eat anything you had alive.

And who the hell needs two cams? Maybe because you have 16 valves and not 8? THAT'S your big advantage? What the hell is that gonna do for you? The fastest cars on the planet are one-cam pushrod V-8's, so I'll stick to that forum for now.

Sean - you should've gone w/ an S2000, buddy. What's 13 flat in the 1/4 mile? 1 and a half seconds at those speeds is only 20 carlengths or so. Know what you could've gotten w/ that extra $2,000? Worse handling and negative 20 carlengths!! Did I mention the safety factor?

13. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from mbmw35z</i>
    <b>I thought I talked about orque out of these motors? Guess not.
    You want a list. That's nice. I'll talk to my friend who actually built he car and post it just for you.

By the way, it is a DOHC 160 Hp motor.
    For all you Chevy people, that's Dual Overhead Cam
    [because there aren't any American cars with that(at least worth mentioning) I thought I might define it for you]

As for modified longevity, The same guy I know that built the B16a, built a show winning car with airbags and all this other crap that is still running, even after 3.5 years(the car is a 1997 I believe)

You happened to bring up another important thing by the way, SMOG. The government has placed laws on those wonderful "rice rockets" limiting their modification in America. So take it to JAPAN and tell me the same thing.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Mustang Cobra, 320 Horse Power, 317 lbs of torque, 4.6 Liter DOHC, that's right! DOHC <----- Oh damn you look stupid.

I'm sure you say it's not worth mentioning because the 01 Cobra does Mid 13s bone stock, out the door. It has upgraded Cobra brakes, and race inspired suspension which includes independent rear suspension.
    Oh by the way, an 01 Cobra convertable is about the same price range as your S2000 and blows it away by at least a full second.

And as stated before, the United States has the toughest smog laws.

Oh damn, you look stupid too. Next?<!-- Signature -->

14. CARS that can BEAT the Honda S2000:
    Mclaren F1(duh!)
    Nissan skyline GTR(fully tuned to 900hp)
    Mitsubishi 3000GT(tuned to 700hp)
    Lamborghini Diablo(211 mph baby)
    Ferrari 550 maranello(italian power)
    Mitsubishi FTO GP version R(fully tuned by ralliart)
    Mitsubishi LANCER EVO6 GSR(the car that conqeured icy pavements, mud, dirt)
    TVR cervera(muscle car power)
    Saleen Mustang SLR(american power)
    Porsche 911 turbo(which way to LeMans?)
    Toyota CELICA(nah! just joking, S2000 is better)
    Toyota supra(now that's a toyota)

The list goes on... Hey you said your S2000 can beat any car, I say: yeah right!

<!-- Signature -->

15. Why is the DOHC so advanced over the other types of engines? Please tell me. It is not a recent invention by any means, didn't Jags have a DOHC in the 1950's?

And the Northstar is a DOHC 4.6l GM engines used in the Cadillac, getting over 300 hp.

16. yes your hennessey has great straight line performance. can it turn? i didn't think so. i know ur gonna reply with z06 rite? well z06 will get smoked on the track by a lancer evo VII which is coming to america very soon or a wrx. all those fancy terms you describe or will undoubtedly make are simple for traction control, yaw control, and things that have been on foreign car far longer. dont get me wrong i like the z06 and its definetly better than an s2000 cuz i'm pretty open-minded but uh reconsider ur postion on imported cars. Also a good argument would be this: are you saying a hennessey viper is better than a corvette c5-r or a gts-r cuz ur hennessey ALSO beats ur own racing versions of cars in terms of straight line performance think saleen s7-r? so there's a reason why these cars are priced higher. they're better in turning. dont give me that skidpad or slalom crap. they aren't the only factors when you turn. a mclaren f-1 is slower in teh slalom than a hennessey viper but you can't honestly say it can turn better.

Rx-7!!!!!
    10.3@132mph

17. Rx7Racer:
    Check out the lap times below. C&D drove a Hennessey 650R around that very same track (with a passenger and very little practice in the 650R) and STILL undercut the stock Viper's time by over a second.

The pic on the right should also dispel any rumours that Vipers can't turn.

18. Oh, God.

My post about cams was sarcastic, but let me get into detail, since you have no idea what you're going on about.

An overhead valve engine has to have atleast one overhead cam (no pushrods, in otherwords) per bank of cylinders. So, ofcourse, all overhead valve V-8's have DOHC. Some four-bangers that have 16 valves and one cam for each set of valves (2 sets of 1 intake/1 exaust per cylinder).

So tell me this: the fastest cars on the entire planet are powered by 8-VALVE PUSHROD V-8s. So stopping acting like you're so #$%#ing smart saying "oh, this car is fast" and tell me - what is your big advantage with 2 cams?

(yeah, I heard GM was making a 5v/Cylinder car - what's the 5th valve?)

19. The fifth valve could be for efficiency or something, but that's no the real reason for this new post. If the mustang and camaro/firebird are so good, why is ford and general motors cutting production of these three cars. We all know that the F-body is on it's way out. That's already been anounced. It's only a matter of time before the mustang is out too. <!-- Signature -->

20. Mod list for the 349 Hp CRX Si.

B16a- featuring a stroking to a 2.0L instead of the original 1.6L. And, the rest was tuning what was there originally; so, all you out there with B16a's, you can squeeze about 350+ if you do it right.<!-- Signature -->

21. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Guibo</i>
    <b>Rx7Racer:
    Check out the lap times below. C&D drove a Hennessey 650R around that very same track (with a passenger and very little practice in the 650R) and STILL undercut the stock Viper's time by over a second.

The pic on the right should also dispel any rumours that Vipers can't turn.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Guibo, thank you for that! I'm sick and fxcking tired of Honduh people talking out their azz about how Vipers, Corvettes, etc can't handle. They don't even research REAL facts! They just hear a stereotype and go with it. Do me a favor and email that those files to me at CorvetteGuySean@aol.com<!-- Signature -->

22. no one says that they cannot turn. some of you people need to go back and read my previous comments about the viper. but this is not a viper post. THIS IS AN S2000 POST. there is, i believe, a viper post.

23. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SeansVette</i>
    <b>Do me a favor and email that those files to me at CorvetteGuySean@aol.com</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    Sorry, some of my files are too large to email in quantity (over 1.7Mb for that R&T chart). I've noticed I can no longer simply Right click on a submitted pic on this website and select the Save Picture As function (it's bitmapped). What you can do, though, is after waiting for the full image to appear, use your mouse's Right click button, select Properties, Copy the image's Address (URL), and Paste it into your browser bar. The jpg format image should come up and from there, you can Right click and Save.

24. SeansVette, Guibo, you're both my heros.

A fifth valve has to BE for something (you know, intake, exaust, etc...), so it can't just be "for efficiency," I think that's Brown's point.

As for BMB... whatever your name is, they "stroked it to 2.0 Liters, then tuned what was there." Great - now please elaborate for the rest of us who know what the #$%# we are talking about.

The S-2000 is 2.0 Liters... it doesn't make 349 horses. What else did they "tune?"

You will never understand. The fact that we drive American cars doesn't make us better. What make people like SeansVette, BrownDoggie, Guibo and myself better than you is that we have grease on our hands.

Sorry, Guibo, I made a presumption about you driving an American car.

25. grease on your hands means one of three things.
    -maintenence
    -modifications
    -unreliable car

regarding my dad's car when i lived at home. i rarely had grease on my hands. he wanted no mods, and had all maintenence done at the honda dealership. the car now has 225k(ish) miles on it, and has yet to have a problem. youre not better. how arrogant. you just have to work on your car more. ive been there. even my mom's vette was a problem.<!-- Signature -->