Re: my supercharged ss can smoke this

Discussion in '2000 Ford Saleen Mustang SR' started by Ford4274V, Aug 9, 2002.

1. There is no possible way that a supercharged ss can beat a saleen. It probably can't even beat my Mustang. A supercharged ss would probably break down half way through the quarter mile.

2. #27 Iverson, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    dude this is a v-8 supercharged, you can do the same thing to any 1997-2002 vette for a extra 10 grand and improve hp to 535, and this mustang will still cost twice as much.. The weight is about the same thing , but the z06 handles better almost 50/50 balance. I can go get a corvette coupe for 45,000 and throw a supercharger and compete with this car.. Ford CARS SUCK, and ALWAYS WILL. Dont Cry about it ford fans.... ahahahahaha
    This cost $154,000 , what a joke.

http://www.c5-corvette.com/cgi-bin/perlshop.cgi?ACTION=thispage&thispage=scharger.htm&ORDER_ID=250523899

3. Don't ever compare Saleen to Lingenfelter. You can buy a ZO6 and have it turned into a sub 11 second car for $40,000 less than the SR. I would drive the hell out of this ride, but as far as aftermarket go cars Saleen is still at the bottom.<!-- Signature -->

4. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from BAD ASS AMERICAN CARS</i>
    <b>589.6 rwhp an 512.02 lb/ft torque</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

My feet are faster idiot !

5. Why would you buy this ugly gay saleen mustang when you could buy a hennessy viper venom that looks a hell of a lot better and takes this #%$ car in every category. It cost the exact same!!!!!!!

6. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Japan4GTA</i>
    <b>DUDE THIS CAR BLOWS. I COULD BEAT ITS ASS WITH MY 1990 DODGE SHADOW. I GOES 0-60 IN 2.3 SECONDS AND IT TOPS OUT AT 190 MPH. I'VE BEATIN A DODGE VIPER, A MCLAREN F1, AND A FERRARI F50. IT HAS 670 HORSEPOWER AND 4 TURBOS! IT ALSO HAS ALTEZZA TAILLIGHTS. DO YOU REALIZE HOW MUCH FASTER IT MAKES YOUR CAR GO WHEN THE TAILIGHTS ARE CLEAR? haha, I'm just kiddin. I think this car is awesome, and btw, i've only ever raced my car once (i know i'm a loser kid) but i beat a mustang, haha. it was a lx though, so that doesn't count. my car sucks, i wish i had the saleen sr</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Sure ?

So, why don't you find a way to prove that you own a Shadow ?<!-- Signature -->

7. Holly shit none of u little shits know what your talkin about(not including people who said somthin good)This thing would make u and your little SS and vettes suck its tailpipe. and make u cry like a little *****.Shit I'd like to see race against it and lose. Your car would #$%#in break down after it knew it would race aganst it. So shutup about your car being better' and go the car wash and get your asshole cleaned befour you and your car shit your selves.

P.S.-Ford=Breaks shit
    Chevy=Licking shit<!-- Signature -->

8. Come on guys, all this car is, is a Mustang with a supercharged engine, some lowering springs, and gay japanese ground effects. it might as well have one of those stupid oversized spoilers. For the price tag i would much rather buy a Corvette and leave it alone. A Corvette is already a great car. Its sad that it takes a mustang 150000$$ to be a great car too. The picture says it all.

9. ignorance is amazing in here......the saleen sr is a goddamn race car, that they produce a very few to meet production car standards so they can race it. Just like the porsche gt1, corvette c5r, saleen s7.......these are all race cars that must come from street cars and have production runs to meet the racing rules. and for taking on lingenfelter and hennessy, this dosent do it.....but their cars also cost upwards of 200 grand. i think its a pretty cool car though. and let me think a minute, isnt comparing a mustang and a corvette like comparing apples and oranges, come on guys, where is the camaros or firebirds that are supposed to challenge this car, why is it always the 2 seater corvette.......sounds like fords coupe is competing with chevys 2 seater roadster.

10. this car is amazing... no doubt about it.... Saleen Rocks.. its better than that camaro, TA shit

11. I just gotta say one thing...

THIS IS AN AMERICAN BAD A$$!!!!!!!!!

Thanx.

~PeAcE~OuT~<!-- Signature -->

12. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from C5 R Vette</i>
    <b>Put this thing on a Track with the Street legal C5 R vette((yes there is one)) then we will see which car is better. But i already know the vette wins.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

LOL please, I have watch several GT Races and 5 races to be exact, and out of those 5 races, The C5 corvette has only been ahead in final positions ONE TIME in front of the SR5.

13. Browndoogie, your an idiot. This isn't a production car, it's modified. Your dumb and gay.

14. he was speaking of the zl1.

15. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from C5 R Vette</i>
    <b>Put this thing on a Track with the Street legal C5 R vette((yes there is one)) then we will see which car is better. But i already know the vette wins.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

How can the C5 beat this car, when this saleen beat the porsche GT2, and the Porsch GT2 beat the C5. Do the math

16. good remark mantronix.

17. this is crap.... no way can a ss run a 4 flat 0-60! think about this a 2002 zo6 only runs a 3.9....DUH

18. your pic isn't a vette! learn to see! it is ws6 transam!

19. you got to be the biggest #$%#ing dumb ass in the hole #$%#ing world well may be not, there are still people who dire imports i feel sorry for you if you think your piece of shit can handle the SALEEN

20. Well i dont' know about a supercharged SS beating this SR but i know what could kick the shit out of this. Try the 427 twin-turbo Corvette. Your stupid little ford SR couldn't touch that. I know that the Corvette wouldn't be able to compete in turning but but it still puts out a respectable 1g on the skidpad. But the strength of the corvette is the 9.25sec quarter mile.......untouchable

21. Ok, this thread has a funny topic, but come on. We all know there's no SS to beat this. A Callaway could. But not a standard SS.

22. i agree but you forgot to say that lingenfleter could also tune an ss and put a 427 in it.i have seen a lingenfelter camaro ss with a 383ci and pouring over 500hp so the match would be tough one.

regards

426hemistage8

23. I own a blown 1969 Dodge Charger that will kill this. Try 950hp with about 650lb. torque.

24. so why is your name ferrari if you own a charger?????

25. Because I owned a 1984 Ferrari 308 GTS before I got the Charger.