Re: NASCAR Time

Discussion in '2002 Pontiac Grand Prix G-Force Concept' started by RLQ, Aug 10, 2002.

1. NASCAR Time

It is about time that the Grand Prix is getting a design change. All thoes NASCAR Drivers that drive Pontiacs are complaining. This design is outdated and they may have gotten their wish. <!-- Signature -->

2. They don't need to be complaining, Stewart has the best car out of everyone in NASCAR.<!-- Signature -->

3. How can any self respecting driver even talk about 'Nascar.'
    "Real racers turn left AND right"
    Nascar is just one of the many examples of crap that is detramental to american society. The rest of the world has the F-1 circuit, where the drivers drive real cars, turn both ways, and top out at about twice that of Nascar drivers, so learn a lesson from this.<!-- Signature -->

4. I don't have the Speed Channel, so NASCAR is about the only racing I ever see. Once in a great, great while there is a Pike's Peak Hill Climb on TV. Now there's racing, one slip up and you fall to your death. Amazing how fast those Suzuki's are (Escudo, Grand Vitara, Aerio)!<!-- Signature -->

5. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Mikeyouse</i>
    <b>How can any self respecting driver even talk about 'Nascar.'
    Nascar is just one of the many examples of crap that is detramental to american society. The rest of the world has the F-1 circuit, where the drivers drive real cars, turn both ways, and top out at about twice that of Nascar drivers, so learn a lesson from this.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    Exactly...

I can't stand how popular NASCAR is! They may go around 180 MPH but it's in a Damn CIRCLE (Oval for those who feel the need to be all technical and shit).

REAL Racing is NOT Done in, A. a Straight Line, or B. in a Circle!<!-- Signature -->

6. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Primer</i>
    <b>They don't need to be complaining, Stewart has the best car out of everyone in NASCAR.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    that is true.<!-- Signature -->

7. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Grizz2K4</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Mikeyouse</i>
    Nascar is just one of the many examples of crap that is detramental to american society. The rest of the world has the F-1 circuit, where the drivers drive real cars, turn both ways, and top out at about twice that of Nascar drivers, so learn a lesson from this.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    Exactly...

I can't stand how popular NASCAR is! They may go around 180 MPH but it's in a Damn CIRCLE (Oval for those who feel the need to be all technical and shit).

REAL Racing is NOT Done in, A. a Straight Line, or B. in a Circle!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

At one time the Indy 500 was the biggest race in the USA(still is). Ever since the CART and IRL split-up, open-wheel racing has lost its popularity in th U.S. A lot of the open-wheel drivers are now from out of the U.S. and unfortunately Americans don't see anything in them. NASCAR is an All-American race series and Americans seem to like that. However NASCAR does race on road courses two times a year.<!-- Signature -->

8. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Grizz2K4</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Mikeyouse</i>
    Exactly...

REAL Racing is NOT Done in, A. a Straight Line, or B. in a Circle!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

As much as you may have convinced yourself of it... Your opinions are not facts, so neither 'A' nor 'B' are correct. I'm really not a fan of any racing... Unless I'm doing it.<!-- Signature -->

9. Hmmmm..you're all right in a perspectiive, but there are many types of racing for different reasons.

For those of you who harp about Nascar..yes it's shitty to watch, but have you actually ever tried to maintain speeds of 180mph going in a gianst circle for hours? It takes alot of strength and concentration...it's all about endurance of not only the driver, but the car too since it has to constantly sit at the same RPMs and take on tortional forces that are pretty insane. Especially with 600+HP!

Track racing. It's fast, and very driver interactive as they are always changing directions and speed. Still hard and enduring.

Rally, well come on, you have no idea wtf is infront of you, and the road surface is usually shit. Very hard. I do it quite often.

Drag racing. Well I dun believe that most of us..even me have driven a 1500hp monster. But I've driven 800hp ones and trust me, they are not easy to handle and keep in a straight line =P

DA PUN<!-- Signature -->

10. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Mikeyouse</i>
    Nascar is just one of the many examples of crap that is detramental to american society. The rest of the world has the F-1 circuit, where the drivers drive real cars, turn both ways, and top out at about twice that of Nascar drivers, so learn a lesson from this.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->nascar does road coarses not just ovals but only two road coarses
    and winston cup cars can go 240+ MPH.thats what happens when an aerodynamic car gets 800+ hp they just only go 180 because 500 laps is alot to be going top speed. last year a cart race got cancelled because they were making 240 MPH laps at texas motor speedway(a track run by nascar) and the drivers were getting dizzy after 5 laps.

11. LOL..exactly.
    Hard to concentrate =P

DA PUN<!-- Signature -->

12. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Mikeyouse</i>
    Nascar is just one of the many examples of crap that is detramental to american society. The rest of the world has the F-1 circuit, where the drivers drive real cars, turn both ways, and top out at about twice that of Nascar drivers, so learn a lesson from this.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --> Hey asshole if it's so goddamn easy how the #$%# dod earhardt lose his life. You try it jerkoff..<!-- Signature -->