Re: New performance estimates!

Discussion in '2002 Lamborghini Murciélago' started by Christianmc, Aug 10, 2002.

1. New performance estimates!

My own estimates, that is (sorry to dissapoint you). But if yoy disagree with mine, say your own! Anyways, here are the performances I predict (I'll say why after):

0-60 mph: 3.5-3.6 seconds

0-400 m (1/4 mile): 11.4- 11.5 seconds

top speed: 215 mph

I thought before that the Murcielago would do 0-60 mph in 3.2 seconds (because the Diablo 6.0 does it in 3.4 seconds), but I realized something: the Diablo (being a 5 speed) does 60 mph in 1st gear, so it doesn't have to waste time changing gears. That is why the 0-100 kmh (62 mph) for the Diablo is 3.95 seconds (because it wastes the last half second changing to 2nd). I think this is also the case with the Ferrari F50, which does 0-62 mph in 4.0 seconds.

The Murcielago has 6 gears, though, so I assume the 1st gear would be a little larger, which means it does have to change gears to get into 60 mph (so I assume). Other than that, I have nothing new to say. What do you think?

2. Well thought, I wouldn't notice it if it weren't for you.

On lambos, I prefer 5 gears, makes them more original, I guess.

3. Never thought about it changing gears I was wodering y it was longer 0-60 than the others buut wait till a gt or gtr version come out they will kick butt<!-- Signature -->

4. Motor Trend estimated that Murcielago will do 0-60 in 3.3 sec.

5. smart thinking mate...
    i wouldn't have thought of it either<!-- Signature -->

6. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Christianmc</i>
    <b>My own estimates, that is (sorry to dissapoint you). But if yoy disagree with mine, say your own! Anyways, here are the performances I predict (I'll say why after):

0-60 mph: 3.5-3.6 seconds

0-400 m (1/4 mile): 11.4- 11.5 seconds

top speed: 215 mph

I thought before that the Murcielago would do 0-60 mph in 3.2 seconds (because the Diablo 6.0 does it in 3.4 seconds), but I realized something: the Diablo (being a 5 speed) does 60 mph in 1st gear, so it doesn't have to waste time changing gears. That is why the 0-100 kmh (62 mph) for the Diablo is 3.95 seconds (because it wastes the last half second changing to 2nd). I think this is also the case with the Ferrari F50, which does 0-62 mph in 4.0 seconds.

The Murcielago has 6 gears, though, so I assume the 1st gear would be a little larger, which means it does have to change gears to get into 60 mph (so I assume). Other than that, I have nothing new to say. What do you think?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END
    QUOTE -->

thanks for the FYI man<!-- Signature -->

7. u dont need to guess the performance, a german magazine has already tested it

0-62mph = 3.6
    0-124mph = 11.4
    0-186mph = 34.2
    top speed around Nardo test track in Italy = 330km/h (205mph)

8. hm. Seems as though I was right on target...
    With the optional exhaust system that is availiable it might be even faster.

The Diablo GT I'm told does 0-124 mph in 11.7 seconds.