Re: No ferrari Killer!!

Discussion in '2002 Ford GT40 Concept' started by CadillacMan03, Aug 9, 2002.

1. you said a ford has 9 wins where ford has merly 4 wins, I think
    you mean't ferrari has 9 wins!!

When ford makes a car that's fast and powerful,(every once in a
    while) GM and Dodge make something even more powerful!!

It's only a matter of time till the GT40 has got nothing, if even produced!!!

Now a Special tribute to my very beautifi 1971 ELCaminoSS!!

350hp, V8 Munse M-21 4 speed(close racial transmission), 411 posit tracktion, high proformace headers, high rise alluminum manifold w/ holly 600 carb, high proformace cam, 0-60 in less than 6 seconds, top speed 125mph, not bad for a truck!!

Yes, the total Mustang embarrashment!!

2. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from gsolinas</i>
    <b>Wow it’s good to see so many lemans scholars here. You know Ford won some lemans races when Ferrari wasn’t even competing,choosing instead to focus on F1 which they dominate. And Ford still has 9 wins where the Ford has merely 4.

And much cheaper Ferraris than the F60 could take this. Look again at the stats of other Ferraris and the expectations of this car.
    </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    Ford beat Ferrari at le Mans when Ferrari was at the top of their game. Ferrari was the car to beat, and Ford handed them their ass. That's why Ferrari quit le Mans and concentrated solely on F1. After they chased away Ferrari, they beat the Porsche 917s.<!-- Signature -->

3. You are right I missed that (where I put Ford won 9). I did mean Ferrari.

But Ferrari was not at the top of their game. Actually that is when they were in financial trouble, which is why they didn’t always race and also why they eventually stopped. Ferrari was out before the GT 40 won some of those so re-read your history books.
    <!-- Signature -->

4. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from gsolinas</i>
    <b>You are right I missed that (where I put Ford won 9). I did mean Ferrari.

But Ferrari was not at the top of their game. Actually that is when they were in financial trouble, which is why they didn’t always race and also why they eventually stopped. Ferrari was out before the GT 40 won some of those so re-read your history books.
    I realize that Ferrari was already gone before Ford had its last le Mans victory, but that's because Ford chased them away. Ferrari WAS at the top of their game when Ford had their first victory. They were the previous winners and were considered to be the team to beat. The GT40 beat the P4, which is one of the greatest Ferraris of all time.<!-- Signature -->

5. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from ElCam71</i>
    <b>everyone talks up about the Cobra.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

That's because it redefines price performance.

Don't bring class into this you dumb f*ck. Just cuz you lose on the streets don't bring in fake reasons for you to back chevy.

6. who ever it was that said its to heavy its just under 1000kg aobut 998

7. you sure about that, because the engine is about 300kg i think. but hey if it is it should do 0-60 in less than 4sec.

8. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from mpg</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from gsolinas</i>
    <b>You are right I missed that (where I put Ford won 9). I did mean Ferrari.

I realize that Ferrari was already gone before Ford had its last le Mans victory, but that's because Ford chased them away. Ferrari WAS at the top of their game when Ford had their first victory. They were the previous winners and were considered to be the team to beat. The GT40 beat the P4, which is one of the greatest Ferraris of all time.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

They were coming off of a good year but they were in financial trouble at the time. But it is irrelevant, every team loses but how believable is it that they were chased away? Did Mclaren chase Ferrari out of Formula 1 a few years back? Hell no they came back and are dominating again. They (Ferrari) needed to make a choice back then based on finances and decided to focus on F1, there is nothing wrong with that.
    <!-- Signature -->

9. For all u people out their the history goes like this from what iv read.Mid 60's enzo(ferarri) was intrested in selling his buisness to ford(for reasons unknown to me)which after the sucsess of the beloved mustang,ford had plenty of money to buy it,right before it was final enzo backed out,ford finding out that he diddent want to sell it to an amarican company(what so wrong with us amaricans?)set out for revenge,armed with lots of dough and the finest engineers they built a car that not only beat the ferarri in the la mans(ferarris cup of tea) but also porshes and everything else in the way,which concludes my story cause the rest is history.If im wrong in anything i said please tell me and check the books cause i dont want none of u redneck chevy guys come'n in here tell'n me a majic one-off corvette came in and beat'em all cause its bull$hit and i dont want none of u morons that clame to own a ferarri say'n no ford ever beat my ferarri cuz ur full of $hit to.but anyways if this 03. gt40 is as half as good as the 60's one it will be the best amarican car in production and if i may say this maybe the best car in production worldwide.<!-- Signature -->

10. Worldwide? Wow that’s too far. But Ferrari’s cup of tea is and always has been Formula 1. And the engineers that Ford were armed with in a few cases came from Britain’s Aston Martin crew. But you are right, they did win…4 times. Ferrari 9 and Porsche even more than that. So really, why the bragging. It’s silly. It was a good accomplishment then, this is now. Lets wait to see what this car (if produced) will do.
    <!-- Signature -->

11. Lingenfelter 802hp, beat a blue hornet jet, 0-30, 0-40, 0-50, 0-60- 0-100, 0- quarter mile, it will smoke this, plus already out!!

12. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from ElCam71</i>
    <b> Lingenfelter 802hp, beat a blue hornet jet, 0-30, 0-40, 0-50, 0-60- 0-100, 0- quarter mile, it will smoke this, plus already out!!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

That's really meaningless to compare this car stock to what a tuner has done to the Corvette. The Lingengelter corvette is an awesome car, but who's to say he couldn't do the same or better with this.

13. Ford ended Ferrari's domination of le mans

14. No Ferrari ended Ferraris participation in Lemans. But again, so what? This is now.
    <!-- Signature -->

15. true, but what counts is what is out already, and if GT40 tunes
    their's up, corvette will be come back harder as always!!!!!!!

16. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from gsolinas</i>
    <b>No Ferrari ended Ferraris participation in Lemans. But again, so what? This is now.
    This car isn't for sale right now. If you mean "now", as in when this car goes on the market, there's no doubt that it'll reduce 360 sales. It might even outsell it.<!-- Signature -->

17. I won't argue that if produced it would affect 360 sales. It would be another car on the market in its price bracket so clearly Ford lovers will lean towards it, that doesn't make it the better car though.<!-- Signature -->

18. Why is the 360 better? They both look amazing (I wouldn't mind owning either). The GT40 simply is a faster car though.

19. No ferrari Killer!!

Id take any vette over this!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from ElCam71</i>
    <b> Id take any vette over this!!!!!!!!!!!!!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Somebody has too!

21. allright, this car is mighty fine, and I do mean MIGHTY fine, but it is no Ferrari killer!! it might be on in races , and yes i do know my history (Le Mans) BUT let's not crack off a Ferrari! Ford and the other american motor companies are no good in producing sports cars (this gt 40 is an exception) they should stick to SUV's (love them fat trucks) but no , this car is no ferrari killer!! A Ferrari has 'it' ford and other American brands do not have this, it's something special, something unexplainable, that only european cars have (lamborghini, aston martin, ferrari...) you don't have this 'magic' on let's say a corvette or the viper!!!
    so yes this ford is a fat car, but no , it's no ferrari killer, no car kills ferrari!!!

22. What magic, explain, cause I believe that corvettes and vipers are amazing, and I am wondering what you are talking aobut!!

23. well magic is that little something you feel when you look at a car... i get it when i look at the aston martin vanquish... it's something that these cars 'have' i don't think you find that little something in american sports cars, BUT, don't get me wrong...american sports cars are very nice too!! but they miss this little 'spark' although this car has something special too, but it is a little too 'raw', it has lost it's elegance... but this doesn't take away that it is a very fine car!!!

24. tooke i am not going to call you anything becuase that is your apinion and you put it in the nicest way. but all i am asking off you is don't judge this car till you see it in person, it could change your mind.
    one of the reasons i think you feel that way is because the cars you mentioned are so few and when you see them they are just beautiful works of art. I know this car will be built in very limited numbers but when you see it i think you will atleast get some of that feeling.

25. No ferrari Killer!!

I get it now, the otherweek I went to a car show, saw some of the most amazing cars, all custom, and unique, vintage classic aniques, and modern cars all perfect in their own way, when I left the car show I was made sick by all the plain boring cars around me, I saw a couple of the cars on the road next to me who were at the car show, and I thought, if only their were these many classic anf vintage beuts on the road all the time, it would be different and great. It could just be tooke and don't get me wrong(I don't Know if you foriegn or not) but I maybe you haven't seen that part of America, that is where the Magic is!!