Re: No ferrari Killer!!

Discussion in '2002 Ford GT40 Concept' started by CadillacMan03, Aug 9, 2002.

1. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Hoseman</i>
    <b>Why is the 360 better? They both look amazing (I wouldn't mind owning either). The GT40 simply is a faster car though.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I doubt it is faster. Ford claimed that it would have a 0-60 in the 4 second range while 360s have been tested at 3.9 and the top speed will be roughly 180mph (290 kph). The 360 has done 305kph. Those GT40 times are estimates now but even if achieved, they won’t outdo a 360.
    <!-- Signature -->

2. Ford will ever be a ferrari killer<!-- Signature -->

3. I heard price estimates around 60K. Of course, we don't know for sure. If that is close, however, this would be THE best supercar value. Wow, America is good at that (i.e., Kick-ass-ferrari-killing-all-American-Viper at 80K and fast-as-hell-good-handling-Corvette at 40 or 50K). What sounds better, a used and old Ferrari F355 or a brand-spanking-new Ford GT40 (trying to get the same price here...)? Hmm....<!-- Signature -->

4. #54 Heyman, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Yes, ferrari Killer!!

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from gsolinas</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Hoseman</i>
    <b>Why is the 360 better? They both look amazing (I wouldn't mind owning either). The GT40 simply is a faster car though.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I doubt it is faster. Ford claimed that it would have a 0-60 in the 4 second range while 360s have been tested at 3.9 and the top speed will be roughly 180mph (290 kph). The 360 has done 305kph. Those GT40 times are estimates now but even if achieved, they won’t outdo a 360.
    </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Yeah and Ford claimed the 2001 Cobra did a 5.4, you know what C&D got? 4.8 seconds. And while I mention C&D, they got a 0-60 in 4.6 and 13.1 in the quarter for the 360.

http://www.caranddriver.com/xp/Caranddriver/comparisontests/2000/September/200009_comparisontest_1224horse.xml?&page=4

That doesn't beat a 2003 Cobra!!! (Which got a 4.5 0-60 and 12.9 quarter). You take away 600 lbs. from the Cobra and add 100 horsepower and 100 ft. lbs. of torque and there's an even better 360 ass-kicking, in the GT40.

The 360 has more than it can handle in the Z06. The GT40 is just a level or two above the 360.

Sorry.<!-- Signature -->

5. Most European exotic cars really suck!! Porsche is probably the only company that makes exotics that you can actually drive. Ferrari and Lamborghini are always a little behind in techonology. Two years ago, when Lamborghini only had the Diablo, there was a class action lawsuit that stemmed in South Florida against Lamborghini for shauty construction. All the electronics in the car were going haywire. They had some gay guy on the news screaming (and actually crying) about being stuck in his Lamborghini. I guess when it rained his doors locked and wouldn't unlock and he was stuck in there for like 3 hours until they finally broke a window!! OH YAH, that's the kinda car I wanna pay $250,000 for!! Has anyone ever seen a Ferrari or Lamborghini with more than 20,000 miles on it?? They're not supposed to be driven. Anyway, this thing will kill a Ferrari. The Z06 will kill most Ferraris even on the road course.

6. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from ElCam71</i>
    <b> This is nice looking but it is no ferrari Killer!

Ford can't make a Ferrari killer! Cause they Suck!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Practically every magazine and tv show that announced the prototype and production of the GT40 had similar statments. "The Return of the Ferrari Slayer" "Ferrari Killer" Ferrari dominator" ETC.
    Just accept it

7. Are you out of your mind? the gt40 destroyed Ferrari in lemans and if this gt40 (which is going to go into production) is as good or better than the old one it will, again, be a "ferrari slayer". Oh yeah and if any of you wanna start talkin about the 700hp 300 mph corvette you've heard about then dont waste your time cuz thats practically impossible plus you have no proof of it.

I love Jennifer!!!!!!!!

8. although i absolutely love ferrari, this car is and always will be the ferrari slayer. it beat ferrari in le mans THREE YEARS IN A ROW. so although ferraris rule all, it still can't beat this car<!-- Signature -->

9. Ferraris are overrated and overpriced. I'd rather have a Mosler MT900 than any Ferrari or this car. Though, I have to say, this is a BEAUTIFUL car!! I like the styling better than any Ferrari!! The US should build more midengine cars.

10. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Jomama</i>
    <b>although i absolutely love ferrari, this car is and always will be the ferrari slayer. it beat ferrari in le mans THREE YEARS IN A ROW. so although ferraris rule all, it still can't beat this car</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

4 years<!-- Signature -->

11. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Nate X</i>
    <b>I heard price estimates around 60K. Of course, we don't know for sure.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->well that would be realy nice but it's aimed at 120k<!-- Signature -->

12. Wow I believe back in the day Ferrari was a powerhouse in Le Mans, and then Ford made the GT-40 and if I remeber right that beat Ferrar 4 times. Yea No Ferrari Killer, I don't think so same amount of horsepower as the F50 and about same handling for 350,000 Less. Wow you need to learn your facts buddy.

13. I Bet That If You Buy This Instead Of A Ferrari, With The Money That You Saved From Buying This Instead Of A Ferrari, You Can Make This Brake And Handle As Good As A Ferrari

14. Hey ignorant dick sucker. They call it the Ferrari killer because it beat Ferrari at Le Mans in the sixties you ass hole. And if Ford sux so bad why hasn't Chevy or Dodge won Le Mans yet? Huh can you answer that for me dipshit. I didnt think so. And Ford has won it 4 times. Chevy and Dodge have alot of catching up to do if you ask me.

15. thats probably the reason why Chevy is selling more cars than ford right? Yeah, i can see it...its also the reason why Camaro\Firebird\corvette sold more than the mustang did.

16. #66 Mantronix, Nov 13, 2002
    Why bother arguing with history, every book, every magazine, authors, websites, any kind of media gives us the same quotes, such as "GT40 Ferrari Killer"
    Quote from MotorTrend:
    "GT40 ultimately bested the Italians in1966 with a phenomenal 1-2-3 finish at Le Mans, forever securing the GT40's place in infamy. Ford continued to dominate the world endurance racing circuit through 1969, when Ferrari withdrew from the series".
    Quote from turbocharger.com:
    The Ford GT-40 was designed by Ford to be an endurance racer to beat the European car builders in the 1960's. During the early 1960's endurance races such as the infamous Le Mans 24 Hour in France were dominated by the European manufacturers, particularly Ferrari. Ford had made a bid to buy Ferrari and at a late stage Ferrari pulled out of negotiations. To this end Ford decided to show Ferrari that they could built competitive race cars and out of spite built the outrageous GT40. The rest is history!

If you want further testimony goto:
    http://www.gt40.nu/history.asp

17. Quote from ElCam71
    This is nice looking but it is no ferrari Killer!

Ford can't make a Ferrari killer! Cause they Suck!

Er, what are you talking about?I know the braking and handling isn't as good as ferrari, but 500bhp! thats more powerful than most ferraris

18. Yo, I thought you were talking about GT-40s, and then you just say it would smoke a mustang. I mean I love Chevys, Ford, anything unless its jap.

19. #69 944S, Dec 23, 2002
  20. I have nothing against Corvettes and Viper, in fact I love them both along with Mustangs. I just wanted to note that, when you said "When Ford makes a car that's fast and powerful, GM or Dodge make something even more powerful," that is the whole cycle of these amazing cars. Everyone wants to make something more powerful and faster and everything on it, yet most of those cars end up being concept cars that never make it into production. I will admit that the Mustang isn't the fastest or the quickest car around and I do agree that the GT40 would get beat by some Ferrari's, but my main point is that you never, from anywhere else in the world get the musclular roar of an American car from no other European or Japanese car company. I don't see why we are in this forum fighting about how A Viper could beat whatever, and we have these poeple in there japanese and european forums taking trash about all the American Companies.

21. Ford can eat Ferrari for breakfast if they wanted to.