Re: No NSX can ever compare to a Vette.

Discussion in '2003 Chevrolet Corvette 50th Anniversary' started by Zanardi 50, Aug 9, 2002.

1. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from USRACING</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from WAY2FAST4YOU</i>
    <b>Can any of you take a car to 60 in 4 seconds? the answer is no, guess why, because your not pro drivers. AND nsx is a better car why? QUALITY, CARE and SUPERB ENGENEERING.

R%CE FOR LIFE... how can you even compare a super car like NSX to an average, every day CORVETTE? the answer is well, you cant... </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I dont know what the hell you are talking about. It takes tne NSX a full five seconds to reach 60 and the vette can do it in just over 4.
    Next, the NSX design has remained basiclly the same since its intoduction. So if 10 year old designs are superb to you then you must not own a very good car. Also, whats with this care shit? The amount of care depends on the driver that owns it. At least the Corvette lasts long enough to be covered by a warranty by GM.

Oh yeah, I dont really give a shit if NSX's are hand built or not. The Vette is made in an automated assembly line and can still outpreform that mother.

If I was going to drop 90k on a sports car then I would much rather spend it on a Viper or a Porche 911. The NSX only has 276hp anyway.

</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    Actually the NSX-S-zero, the fastest stock NSX available/in Japan only (We only get the slowest ver., the NSX-T, here in the U.S.), can do 0-60 in 4.5 sec. The Z06, fastest stock Vette up to date, can do it in 4.2, depending on how consistently good the driver is, but I've NEVER heard anyone do it in 4.0 or less. AWould you provide actual test data from a reputable tester? I'd like to see that in writing so to speak. Also the NSX-S zero can pull off a 12.4 sec in the 1/4 mile. On the avg. it can do 12.8 to 12.9, gain depending on the driver's launching technique and skills. I saw this 12.4 sec. achieved in BestMotoring Video Jan 02 issue, and sorry I don't have this clip to put up for everyone to see. Maybe some NSX fan will put this one up soon...

The warranty offered by GM is really short. 3 years/36,000 and after that you are on your own. The American Honda guys (representing Acura of America) offer 4/48,000 and you can extend that to 7 years/100,000 if you pay a little bit more for the extended warranty. And should there be any problems that American Honda considers factory defect and break down prematurely, they will replace it for free. No customer care stuff comes in handy when you really need it (and you will, if you own that car), because if the factory that built your car don't honor it, then you gotta pay for their mistakes

If you don't know (or even care) about built quality between assembly-line work and hand crafted work, then you are not refined and classy (not to mention mature) enough to own a Porsche, too, not just the NSX, because the 911 is ALSO hand-built. So please, do yourself a favor, don't BUY the NSX, Porsche, Ferrari, and whatever exotics out there that are available. Save yourself a breath and stick to your Corvettes and Vipers. BTW the 97 and newer NSX has 290HP, NOT 276HP. That's how much the pre-97 nsx has.

2. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Zanardi 50</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from USRACING</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from WAY2FAST4YOU</i>
    <b>Can any of you take a car to 60 in 4 seconds? the answer is no, guess why, because your not pro drivers. AND nsx is a better car why? QUALITY, CARE and SUPERB ENGENEERING.

R%CE FOR LIFE... how can you even compare a super car like NSX to an average, every day CORVETTE? the answer is well, you cant... </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I dont know what the hell you are talking about. It takes tne NSX a full five seconds to reach 60 and the vette can do it in just over 4.
    Next, the NSX design has remained basiclly the same since its intoduction. So if 10 year old designs are superb to you then you must not own a very good car. Also, whats with this care shit? The amount of care depends on the driver that owns it. At least the Corvette lasts long enough to be covered by a warranty by GM.

Oh yeah, I dont really give a shit if NSX's are hand built or not. The Vette is made in an automated assembly line and can still outpreform that mother.

If I was going to drop 90k on a sports car then I would much rather spend it on a Viper or a Porche 911. The NSX only has 276hp anyway.

</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    Actually the NSX-S-zero, the fastest stock NSX available/in Japan only (We only get the slowest ver., the NSX-T, here in the U.S.), can do 0-60 in 4.5 sec. The Z06, fastest stock Vette up to date, can do it in 4.2, depending on how consistently good the driver is, but I've NEVER heard anyone do it in 4.0 or less. AWould you provide actual test data from a reputable tester? I'd like to see that in writing so to speak. Also the NSX-S zero can pull off a 12.4 sec in the 1/4 mile. On the avg. it can do 12.8 to 12.9, gain depending on the driver's launching technique and skills. I saw this 12.4 sec. achieved in BestMotoring Video Jan 02 issue, and sorry I don't have this clip to put up for everyone to see. Maybe some NSX fan will put this one up soon...

The warranty offered by GM is really short. 3 years/36,000 and after that you are on your own. The American Honda guys (representing Acura of America) offer 4/48,000 and you can extend that to 7 years/100,000 if you pay a little bit more for the extended warranty. And should there be any problems that American Honda considers factory defect and break down prematurely, they will replace it for free. No customer care stuff comes in handy when you really need it (and you will, if you own that car), because if the factory that built your car don't honor it, then you gotta pay for their mistakes

If you don't know (or even care) about built quality between assembly-line work and hand crafted work, then you are not refined and classy (not to mention mature) enough to own a Porsche, too, not just the NSX, because the 911 is ALSO hand-built. So please, do yourself a favor, don't BUY the NSX, Porsche, Ferrari, and whatever exotics out there that are available. Save yourself a breath and stick to your Corvettes and Vipers. BTW the 97 and newer NSX has 290HP, NOT 276HP. That's how much the pre-97 nsx has. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Hey, its not my fault that Japan always sends the shitty versions of its good cars to the U.S. I'll bet that if they sent their top of the line cars to the US they would make more than they do selling them in Japan

I am not saying that hand-crafted cars suck. I would much rather prefer to own a hand built car anyway knowing that a lot of work and love went into my car. I was simply inferring that an assembly-line built car can beat an exotic hand made car.

Also, I seriously doubt than you own a Ferrari or Porche 911 so stfu.

<!-- Signature -->

3. what happens when you give a japanese car the same horsepower as a corvette.....?

4. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from WAY2FAST4YOU</i>

<!-- Signature -->

5. Well boys. I have to say that a corvette is a good car... for a crash-test. How could you ever call it sport car?. Have a truckŽs engine, a suspension from the past....itŽs just a dragster not a sportscar, can do 0-60 in 4 secs, but itŽs just quick in a straight road has nothing to do in a winding one, miles away from european (even japanese) cars. Forget this sport truck and spend your money in a Porsche, unless you want this car just for picking up or for a walk with your girlfriend.

6. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Soyari</i>
    <b> Well boys. I have to say that a corvette is a good car... for a crash-test. How could you ever call it sport car?. Have a truckŽs engine, a suspension from the past....itŽs just a dragster not a sportscar, can do 0-60 in 4 secs, but itŽs just quick in a straight road has nothing to do in a winding one, miles away from european (even japanese) cars. Forget this sport truck and spend your money in a Porsche, unless you want this car just for picking up or for a walk with your girlfriend.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

You have not read, learned, nor obseved anything to back this up. The Z06 has beaten the 911 around Laguna seca in semiwet comditions with three different drivers. It handles. This edition has a real time active dampign system! Maybe read the info once in awile.<!-- Signature -->

7. Ok. I have to admit that i i didnŽt Know about that test in Laguna seca. Sorry if my words sounded like the most of the boys that show their opinion here, but itŽs because the most of the people write nonsenses and i guess that just reacted to that. Well, iŽll start again.
    In my opinion (as an european) itŽs dificult to understand things in a sport car as the rear suspension of the Corvette, or the vintage engine (ok, many things are new on it but it keeps quite old).

8. Soyari......

What is old on the Corvette???

You do know that it is considered one of the better handling sports cars around?

The Corvette is not, and I repeat NOT A DRAGSTER!

GM's drag car is the Camaro, that's why the used that car against the Mustang Boss, and not the Corvette.

But my main question is what is so old about the Corvette?

Are you saying its low tech?

9. First of all corvette DOES handle sloppily, now the z06 is THE Best handling car under 100 grand... But the normal vette is pretty DAMN sloppy i know this from EXPERIENCE.

Second of all Vette im no engineer (obviously) but i am a pretty good observer and i have been inside a corvette before and all the little knobs and front panel are seriously taken from the 60's.<!-- Signature -->

10. The LS6 is, more than anything, robust. Compared with LS1, the LS6 aluminum block, cylinder heads, camshaft and induction systems have all been revised for better breathing at high rpm. A positive crankcase ventilation system improves oil control during racetrack and other high-lateral-
    acceleration maneuvers. A unique titanium exhaust system (mufflers and tailpipes) has less mass and more strength than aluminum or magnesium. Faster revving. Deeper breathing. Stronger internals.
    Long-Life Belts
    The serpentine accessory drive belt is designed to last up to 100,000 miles.(1) And there are no timing adjustments required, ever.
    The LS6 Engine Block
    The all-aluminum LS6 engine block has been refined to enable higher piston speed and higher overall rpm than the Corvette LS1 block on which it is based. New hollow-stem intake valves and liquid alloy exhaust valves are lightweight and designed to maintain solid contact with the rocker arms during high-speed operation. Displacement: 5.7 liters.

Yep, 1960's allright.
    <!-- Signature -->

11. By the way, that is all courtesy of the official GMC website, where they have video demonstrations of the handling and several other things, if anyone is interested.<!-- Signature -->

12. May I just make the point that 50% of the people that drive vettes are 50 year old men that are going through a midlife crisis. Jesus! Jesus loves the little children, all the little children of the world. (So do the catholic priests, hehe)<!-- Signature -->

13. No NSX can ever compare to a Vette.

Okay, this is aimed directly at way2fast4u.

You are being an idoit in the first place by even buying an NSX.
    They are a total waste of money. The corvette beats the NSX in every critical category and still costs $40,000 less. Also, in about 20 years this car will be worth more than twice its origonal value. NO NSX ever produced has increased in value over the years.
    Also, if you do a random survey asking what kind of car people would like to own one day you'll hear a lot more Corvette resoponses than NSX.
    That's another thing. No Japaneese car can ever compare to the Corvette's legacy. This car has been made for 50 years straight and still going strong.

Now what's that you said about the NSX?<!-- Signature -->

14. I agree. All this stuff backing up the NSX is mainly exaggeration and BS.

15. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from USRACING</i>
    <b>Okay, this is aimed directly at way2fast4u.

You are being an idoit in the first place by even buying an NSX.
    They are a total waste of money. The corvette beats the NSX in every critical category and still costs $40,000 less. Also, in about 20 years this car will be worth more than twice its origonal value. NO NSX ever produced has increased in value over the years.
    Also, if you do a random survey asking what kind of car people would like to own one day you'll hear a lot more Corvette resoponses than NSX.
    That's another thing. No Japaneese car can ever compare to the Corvette's legacy. This car has been made for 50 years straight and still going strong.

Now what's that you said about the NSX?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Its ironic that you are about as bad a WAY2FATS4YOU. Waste of money? Your so friggin wrong and yet this is after we have already discussed the merits of the NSX. You talk about legacy and heritage and know nothing of class. I'm laughing.<!-- Signature -->

16. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Vette_Pro</i>
    <b>I agree. All this stuff backing up the NSX is mainly exaggeration and BS.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

You jokers just don't stop do you? Why not actually read some posts on the Vette vs NSX forum, toward the end, and see what kind of car the NSX is. Its not meant to be a performance bargain like the Vette. It is meant to be a balanced, refined machine. If you can't understand that, than you have no clue wht cars are about in the upper ranges of performance and luxury. You think this sport/hobby/proffesion/world is based on practicality? Think a little. Don't agree with the asses. <!-- Signature -->

17. with the money u waste on nsx u cud get 2 vettes and smoke em bak to japan or their rightful gay twisted minded owners who in someother lala land think that nsx cud stand a chance against corvette just take a download somewhere and tell me what u think...... the c5-r corvette won many championships against all prototypes heheh goes to show u who wins now muahaha

18. ----------------
    You jokers just don't stop do you? Why not actually read some posts on the Vette vs NSX forum, toward the end, and see what kind of car the NSX is. Its not meant to be a performance bargain like the Vette. It is meant to be a balanced, refined machine. If you can't understand that, than you have no clue wht cars are about in the upper ranges of performance and luxury. You think this sport/hobby/proffesion/world is based on practicality? Think a little. Don't agree with the asses.
    ----------------

I understand what the NSX is supposed to be, but my point is that alot of the points in that very topic are over exaggerated. The NSX's higher resale value which is mainly just a result of it costing more in the first place, the Corvette beeing complete garbage on the inside when infact its actually quite nice if not made entirely out of premium materials, the NSX having more status and prestige than a Corvette when infact the opposite will be true in most cases if people actually know what you are driving, the Corvette having no reliability when infact it has won rewards for it, the NSX beeing more tuneable than the Corvette when infact the opposite is true, etc. Im not saying the NSX is trash, but it aint the god that so many people try to make it seem.

19. Its no god, but it is a midengine rear wheel drive exotic, while the Vette is a FR car people have seen more of, at least where I am. That gives it more of a presence than the Vette to me and most people. But your right, a lot of the NSX support on this forum is hype.<!-- Signature -->

20. Can any of you take a car to 60 in 4 seconds? the answer is no, guess why, because your not pro drivers. AND nsx is a better car why? QUALITY, CARE and SUPERB ENGENEERING.

R%CE FOR LIFE... how can you even compare a super car like NSX to an average, every day CORVETTE? the answer is well, you cant... <!-- Signature -->

21. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from WAY2FAST4YOU</i>

R%CE FOR LIFE... how can you even compare a super car like NSX to an average, every day CORVETTE? the answer is well, you cant... </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->riiiiiight you know that denial is the first stage right?

22. Thats all right, let him keep thinking that with his glow in the light speedo needle, his unmodded car that suddenly was "lightly" modded so that it could beat corvettes, his car that his parents are going to spend even more money on will ever be any of the things he talks about.

College kid on a business trip?

Friends Civic with built up stock engine running a 350 shot?

23. Your right no NSX can ever compare to a vette, because the NSX is in a entirely different class, CALLED EXOTIC CAR class, not an every day, average sports car class. PERIOD you ignorant phucker<!-- Signature -->

24. thats fine, you take you exotic, and race that average everyday sports car, see who wins. I have still yet to hear about the extra luxury items on the NSX that are not on the vette, and there has been no prrof as to the NSX being better built or more reliable, i wilud probably give both those advantages to the NSX due to the price difference but not by much. I find it funny that an "exotic" gets spanked so handily by an average car. Also kinda funny that the only reason that it is exotic is because of a wise marketing ploy by honda. hmm. You kow way2fast you sound more ignorant everytime you post.

Yeah, and why is a college kin on a business trip it isnt break yet so if you have an intern position it hasnt started yet, and it should be right around finals time. Business trip huh, good one funny haha

25. Actually Big Rob, i have nothing to prove to you, however, my dad owns a pretty large scale company, one i cant really talk about, but its a company that i will one day take over and so he wanted to take me alongside with him to see first hand what i will have to do... so dont player hate, CONGRATULATE.

Oh and yeah, big rob, open up a dang consumer report and look up corvette, i was surprised to see so many very poor ratings on it, however the NSX had 0. Face it you cant have corvette performance, corvette looks, without compromizing on the built quality... You cant have your cake and eat it too my misguided friend<!-- Signature -->