Re: nobodys' going to read this, soooo...

Discussion in '1998 MCV CH4 Concept' started by Cam1, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Re: styling similarities

It looks like a McLaren, only better.<!-- Signature -->

2. Re: styling similarities

nice car!!!<!-- Signature -->

3. Re: styling similarities

ya it looks way better inside too
    <!-- Signature -->

4. Re: styling similarities

yes<!-- Signature -->

5. nobodys' going to read this, soooo...

poor MCV. Gone the way of Josse and Jimenez and Jiotto, I believe. a ch4 powered northstar was a neat idea, but not in a supercar on a tight budget. Heck, even toyota loses money on its crazy eco-cars. If toyota can't make money on something, probably best to leave it alone. I was rooting for it, stand proud canada, and acknowledge your martyr!
    dan<!-- Signature -->

6. A: cananda sucks
    B: Twin supercharged..heh thatsounds like fun
    c: this thing looks like too many other concept supercars<!-- Signature -->

7. Hey Listen up NKCARGUY. Who the **** are you to say Canada sucks?
    The MCV CH4 looks beautiful and fits the part of a supercar. Ever hear of a Lear 2000? Well it looks like a Diablo, can perform like a Diablo, all for $30,000
    Canada sucks?<!-- Signature -->

8. CANADA ROCKS!It's awesome this lil' #%$-wow doesn't want to admit it.<!-- Signature -->

9. flashy look, wonder what it drives like, to heavy and not enough horse power!

10. not too shaby and yea canada is tight what the #$%# are you to say canada sucks your full of shit<!-- Signature -->

11. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from bodaciousbob</i>
    <b>Hey Listen up NKCARGUY. Who the **** are you to say Canada sucks?
    The MCV CH4 looks beautiful and fits the part of a supercar. Ever hear of a Lear 2000? Well it looks like a Diablo, can perform like a Diablo, all for $30,000
    Canada sucks?</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I don't know where to start on this one. First off, I am a fan of Canada, I think it is a pretty kickass country. But automotively, well, they haven't really done anything. Bodaciousbob, the Lear is by no means a car to brag about. It's a kit car that uses Italian styling (poorly) and American power to produce a respectivley fast car, but it by no means is a supercar. And it costs closer to twice what you quoted (US$), I know you're gonna reply, I meant Canadian $, well they would still cost closer to $45000. If Lear was so proud of their cars being Canadian, why does it not once say that on their website, it simply refers to it as a North American car. And just for your info, anyone can put a 350 into a fiberglass kitcar and make it fast, it takes real ingenuity to come up with something like the Diablo.

12. Hey listen up! I'm from Canada and I don't appreciate you numbnuts trash talking my homeland. We Canadians have never pretended to have a major role in the automotive sector. All we had was a few small car companies that were swallowed up by GM about 65 years ago. But remember, the GM F-body cars are built here in Canada, and the head location and base office of SLP Engineering is located right across the street from the Camaro\Firebird assembly plant. We also have major manufacturing plants from Ford, Honda, and Nissan up here in the Great White North. So just as we are a multicultural nation with our people, we are a multiautomotive nation with our cars.

13. Yeah NJCARGUY or whatever the hell your name is... Canada is a proud country. When was the last time your country won a Formula One Championship? Did you know that the lead driver for the ultimate "American" Racing team; the Corvette, is a Canadian (GO RON FELLOWS!!!) Pretty good for a country who only has a tenth of the population? Hey, how did you escape from the oven on Thanksgiving (in November?!? WTF???) you Turkey!!!

Back to the MCV; I had the oppertunaty to meet the guys who made this at their Mississauga (get a map) and had a chance to sit in the very same car about 4 years ago (I was only 13). They said they turned some very fast laps around Mosport (one of the best road-courses in the world). This picture does not give it the justice it deserves.

14. anybody know how fast this thing can go? then ill say if its good or not ok cause it needs some decent speed to be good

15. yeah, good for our country to come up with a car like this, a country

16. that cars looks okay

17. yo, does anybody got a picture of the Lear 2000, yall say it's only 30,000 dollars huh, that's kool, we got an expodition for 40,000$! let me know, if ya got anything send me it at ldurst@nc.rr.com, thanks
    larry<!-- Signature -->

18. wow.. there should be more cars like this imo.. i mean f' all this plublicity stuff.. i don't care wether it say lamborghini or ferrari... all that matters is who finishes first.. and well i frankly like this car.. anyidea if i could get one in the us... i live in an area w/ no emissions laws!!!<!-- Signature -->

19. It doesn't matter much where it was made. It is a good attempt at a supercar. It is a shame they are all dying because the world needs more cars like this.

20. Please ignore this post. I am making it in order to get 50 posts so that I can post a really important (to me) topic.

21. Please ignore this post. I am making it in order to get 50 posts so that I can post a really important (to me) topic.

22. Please ignore this post. I am making it in order to get 50 posts so that I can post a really important (to me) topic.

23. Please ignore this post. I am making it in order to get 50 posts so that I can post a really important (to me) topic.

24. Please ignore this post. I am making it in order to get 50 posts so that I can post a really important (to me) topic.

25. Please ignore this post. I am making it in order to get 50 posts so that I can post a really important (to me) topic.