Re: Not a single Honda can beat a Viper

Discussion in '2002 Honda Civic Type-R' started by Chevelle454, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Are you down with the syndrome?

2. #2 Drifter, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
  3. Wheres the best place to look for a viper gtsr, in the rearview mirror of a skyline GT-R

4. Are you sure you know how discustingly fast a Viper GTSR is? And after it does beat you, you can be sure it was the viper cause all those dumb lights on the front of your car will light it up.

5. Well I love the Viper as well. But as to say that no Civic could beat it is an understatement. I downloaded a movie online of a Viper GTS vs. a modded Civic and the Civic tore the Viper a new asshole. I'm not a Civic fan by any means. I hate the Civic with a passion. But with the money you can make any car fast. But as for a Viper GTS-R.....well not to many people go out and buy a car like that to run around and street race them. They mostly go out to buy them to say they have one or if they're car collectors. So I dunno how much faster a GTS-R is then a GTS. But the Civic the beat the Vipe rin the video does 11's in the 1/4. So not bad for a street legal 4 banger huh?

6. There is a big difference between a Civic and a Viper, civic's make great show cars, they have a nice sleek styling and you can make one for a very reasonable price, a viper is a performance machine that is all about V10 power. As for the Skyline GT-R, you can see the viper in your rear mirror after the pre-tuned engine has another 20k dropped into it After you bought it for aroudn 50k oh and another 2-5k to make it street legal in the US, although I like skylines and would love to get one, its just not practicle.

7. Well I wouldn't say that because in 2005 the Skyline R35 will be in the US for sale with then option to have the steering wheel on the left or right side of the car. And also the stock Skyline R34 V Spec would probably kill a Viper if not give it a run for its money in the 1/4 mile. You just can't beat AWD.

8. Dodges are pieces of shit. Worst cars on the road. And Dodge doesnt even have an F1 program. Besides the viper needs 8.3 litres to make 500hp? Talk about shit. A Honda F1 engine uses 3.0 litres to make over 800hp. Stick that up your ass dodge boy.

9. CIVICS ARE ECONOMY CARS AND CAN STILL BEAT VIPERS - AS LONG AS THEY AINT R!CE, I LOVE THOSE FAST CIVICS!

10. Well don't forget the Viper is like what in the $80k range for the whole car plus motor? The engine your talking about is $1,000,000+ and thats just for an engine. And also Dodge does have an F1 program. Ever heard of Team Oreca or however its spelled. Yes Dodge themselves doesn't have an F1 program but Dodge does help the other teams out there running Vipers along with modding the engines up and the cars themselves.

11. It really makes you think, is dodge even trying? im not sure what they're big plans are with these teeny powerless engines. Maybe their plans is to stay shitty so teenagers can waste money on their parts.

2002 Honda NSX-R = Dodge neon Domintator

Okay what you just said about Comparing a civic to a dodge viper is like comparing a dodge neon to a NSX.

No shit a dodge viper will beat a civic

12. I hate the civic and i don't liek the viper, i just wanted to point out the fact that guy was stupid....

What im about to do is bash the civic and it's shitty shit shit.

The car's interios both suck, V10 in the viper would make it funner nad more exciting, more people would look at the viper then the civic. put it this way now, on a corse who would win? Which car is safer? A car thats supposed to go 80 mph pimpied out to soemthing really high, which car is saver? most of the people that "pimp" out their cars are idiot teenagers and don't research shit, half of the time all i see is Civics with plastic engine parts made by their self. some with stickers so it looks "fast" but it aint. **** I WISH THEY NEVER INVENTED FAST AND THE FURIOUS ALL IT DID WAS BRAIN WASH 15 YEAR OLDS.... here's soemthing they might say "wow that car has a body kit, it must be fast" #$%#ing 9/10 times they never touched the engine. **** this is to confusing a frustating to talk about. If you are going to supe of a car, please do the engine first. and please don't add 3 spoilers, or 1 just massive one. if you have a massive metal spoiler, i hope to god your a drag racer.

13. Pieces of shit? Maybe thats why Dodge offers a 7 year/70,000 mile warranty on the Viper.

LOL! "The Viper needs 8.3 litres to make 500 horsepower." The Viper's engine doesn't "need" 8.3 litres. Dodge's engineers are no worse than other companies. If they wanted 500 horsepower out of a 3 litre, they could do it. But the question is: Why? To prove to kids like you that they are capable? Do smaller displacement engines have excessive low-end torque like the Viper's engine (some 400 ft/lbs at 1700 rpm)? No, they lack torque. They need lots of revs to develop horsepower. And, you think higher Hp/L engines will last you longer? Ha. Engines with high Hp/L ratios have LOTS more stress on the internals than engines with lower Hp/L ratios. So, its not a matter of needing a big engine, Dodge's main goal was to make a powerful engine with lots of reliability. How do you achieve that? Thats right, large displacement engines.

14. Just think about how many vipers were sold compared to civics. Thats what honda was thinking about. Profit. DUMASS!

15. Uhhh, the Viper is a Supercar. The Civic is an econobox. The Viper wasn't meant for profit. That's what their trucks, minivans, and cars are for.

Oh, and its spelled "dumbass".

16. you love Viper???

Yo dude ofcourse the Viper was built for the profit,
    think idiot if you make a thing that doesn't give you any profit would you still build it?
    and my dear "friend" You can't make a Viper Fully MODDED the #$%#ing thing needs a 8.0 litre engine to drive 1m/hour

conclusion Honda Let's every american car SUCK 'HIS DICK!!!!

hhaha JAPAN = ENGINE POWERSUPLLY

17. you love Viper???

think idiot if you make a thing that doesn't give you any profit would you still build it?
    and my dear "friend" You can't make a Viper Fully MODDED the #$%#ing thing needs a 8.0 litre engine to drive 1m/hour

18. you love Viper???

19. #19 SHOboy, Sep 3, 2002
    On a road course who would win? well the two aren't even in the same SCCA class so thats out of the question and as for which car is safer the Civic is much more safer then the Viper. Here's the proof... http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/NCAP/Cars/1856.html 4 five star ratings for the 2 door Civic with SAB *in case you don't know what SAB is its side airbags* and then theres the Viper...which hasn't even been tested yet according to the NHTSA. So how can you base your logic off of data that isn't even available moron. And as for you saying how teens should do their research on cars and all. Yes do we our research on cars and no we don't have an extra $80K laying around ti buy a Viper if us teens did we would buy one but we have to make with what we have. I can go out and buy a used Nissan 240SX for about $4000 and do a engine swap from the stock SR20DE and get an SR20DET. Tune it up, throw a ECU, Cat Back exhaust, CAI, Nitrous setup, adjust the boost to a higher setting, and BAM! for about less then $10k all together you have a 12 second street legal car. So in other words who's the stupid one now for not doing their research? The teens with $10k 240SX's running 12's and 13's or you spending $80k+ for a 13 second car? hmmm.....the answer is quite obvious dip shit

20. #20 SHOboy, Sep 3, 2002
  21. #21 SvSi Viper, Sep 3, 2002
  22. are you assholes eating crack or sumthin. how in the hell do you compare a viper to a civic. 8.3 liter v10 vs. 2.0 liter inline 4. what the #$%#. come on people have some #$%#ing common sense. the civic was never meant to take on high-powered cars like the viper. and to whoever started this dumb ass topic, what car do you own, i bet its not a viper so shut the #$%# up. go back to jacking off every time you see the car you #$%#ing retard. you should be shot for bringing up a dumbass topic like this. right in the eyes and mouth, so you cant see, cant talk.

23. ok my bad sorry I was $10k off. So in other words then instead of buying a 1997 Viper GTS *which was the year Viper they tested in your Popular Mechanics link* for $70k for a high 11 second car in the 1/4 then the 240SX i posted about before then I'm sorry your still saving $60k so in other words get your head out of the clouds about your all mighty Viper yes its a good car in and all but not even close to being the best or being the fastest. Perfect example would be tonight. I went to Atco racetrack in Atco, NJ and there were three cars that stick in my head as to 4 bangers and one rotary engined based cars that would have eaten up your Viper and spit out. The The one was a Honda CRX that ran a 11.348 and it was turbo charged and not juiced. A 1981 Mazda RX-7 that was super charged running 10's all night and once again not juiced. A Civic Hatchback heavily modded running low 11's and 2 high 10's. And you can get those cars for less then your precious Viper. And before you even say anything....YES all those cars are street legal. So they would get a kick out of stomping a mud hole in your Viper and laughing at you as the fly by.

24. *gasp*, Oh My! A tuned car can beat a stock one!

Yes, if you want an all out straight line drag car, don't buy a Viper. Buy a cheap economy car and modify it. You will get it going faster for less. That's no achievement there buddy. The Viper is more than a drag car, if you haven't noticed. The Viper is a stock car that can get you in the 11's, corner like its on rails (according to Car & Driver),be able to let you say that you drive a true Supercar, plus much more. How many Vipers you see a day? Does a Civic get the attention/women a Viper does? You don't buy a Viper for straight-line performance; although it does excel in that area.

BTW, you do realise that comparing a stock car to a modified one is outrageous, don't you?

25. THis thread is closed. I'd love to petition to close al teh indie forums, as all tehy do is foster massive ignorance to run rampant. Sayning Civics suck becasue they can't run with Viper's stock. BFD, moron. Saying they suck because they are economy cars? Shut up, teenybopper.

None of you have a damn clue about cars, how they are constructed, etc.

Gawd, I hate having to clean up after teenagers. yeah, I wa one. But I didn't spout my mouth off about shit I didn't know anything about, like you guys are so quick to do.