Re: Not Enough Power

Discussion in '2002 Honda NSX Coupe' started by Mishima, Aug 9, 2002.

1. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SRB The Punisher</i>
    <b>HAHAH!! LOL!
    yes...brother have a tendancy to do that =P

I drive pretty insanely too @ times =)

DA PUN</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    Hey~~ what car do you drive? I also made my friend crashed about 2 months ago. hahaha<!-- Signature -->

2. Not Enough Power

needs to be dropped about an inch and made faster. for as much money as the NSX costs it should out perform the Vette. if i was gonna buy a honda it would be an S2000. ALOT cheaper, better looking and faster if u know how to drive it.

3. I couldn't agree more. I think at this price, this car needs 420 bhp, 400 lb/ft of torque, sub 5 sec 0-60 mph times, sub 14 sec 1/4 mile times, and 18" wheels, minimum! I guess Acura/Honda insists of 6 cylinder power.<!-- Signature -->

4. man this one has LESS power than the old one

5. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from godhainder</i>
    <b>I couldn't agree more. I think at this price, this car needs 420 bhp, 400 lb/ft of torque, sub 5 sec 0-60 mph times, sub 14 sec 1/4 mile times, and 18" wheels, minimum! I guess Acura/Honda insists of 6 cylinder power.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->it already does 60 under 5 sec, the 1/4 mile in under 14 sec and it does it all with 290hp, the stats are #$%#ed on this site<!-- Signature -->

6. Honda readily admits that this car needs more power. We know this, because they are developing a V8 NSX to be released within the next couple of model years. This car was built to outperform the 6 cylinder ferarri (i don't remember the name) that was in production when the NSX was released. The NSX outperformed that ferarri for about half the price. I don't love NSXs, but i respect their performance. The V8 NSX will supposedly outperfom the 360 Modena. NSXs outperform some ferarris...but they'll never have the class.<!-- Signature -->

7. For half the price, you get either performance/class.<!-- Signature -->

8. dude....sub 5 second 0-60 means under 5 seconds. this car does it in 5.7. it's slow, seriously. a Vette would own this car at half the price.

9. man,
    this car is sub 5 seconds like someone else said already. The stats are messed up. plus, 280 bhp is the most bhp allowed in japan by law. Once the car arrives in america it will have the 290 bhp output. Its like the skyline gtr, it supposed to be 280 by law, but many people believe that it makes closer to 350. By the way, a new v-8 vtec engine will make its way into this car for 2003 with close to 400 bhp.

10. 0.7 sec is an awful lot to get wrong....it may be faster than the stats here, but I still don't think under 5.0 maybe the typer R version, but not this.

11. I was always hearing that the new NSX would have 2 S2000 engines put side to side to make the new NSX V8 with a 9000 redline.<!-- Signature -->

12. that's going to be the real NEXT generation NSX.<!-- Signature -->

13. a good idea - honda should stick two banks of s2000 four pot together for a 500hp 4-litre V8. dump it in a slightly uprated NSX platform and you'd have a fast car with tons of advantages i don't need to list thanks to VTEC.

but more power = more to pay for insurance, fuel and maintenence. The NSX is a very ownable, usable performance car and alternative to a more expensive porsche et al.
    however a beefed up NSX (V8 perhaps) would be nice to see.<!-- Signature -->

14. man...this car has good power the way it is
    it doesnt need a 400 hp engine like the vette.
    <!-- Signature -->

15. I agree this car is very ownable/usable for the cash moneys it involves. But, there is one very expensive maintenance aspect that you didn't address...tires! This car eats tires like no other...you have to replace approximately 200 dollar tires every 12000 miles...that's about once a year!<!-- Signature -->

16. Our E class replaced 2 tire this(last, 2001) year.<!-- Signature -->

17. depends on how u drive the car. someone like me driving this car would go through tires like mad, because i would push the car, find out what it can do. alot of people out there could drive this car for say 30,000 miles without changing tires...

18. Hehehe..wow Chi!! Your Mom and Dad must drive like F1 racers =P

DA PUN<!-- Signature -->

19. no, my brother.<!-- Signature -->

20. HAHAH!! LOL!

DA PUN<!-- Signature -->

21. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SRB The Punisher</i>
    <b>HAHAH!! LOL!

yes and he can't drive the E class anymore, cus he crashed it.<!-- Signature -->

22. tires..yea they are expensive
    My mom's c-class has changed tires 3 times already (6 tires) and now it's screwed up again, which almost made me crash.

You can really mess up some other components of a car, like the computer chip if you really drive madly. My mom's c-class also changed the computer chip after several months of horrible driving, which costed around 800 CN$.

It is very expensive to maintain a car.<!-- Signature -->

23. Ouch...he crashed the E?
    was it an E55?

Is your Brother ok? Hope he is =)

Shall we talk on ICQ Chi? You seem to know alot more bout NSX than me? UIN61161142

Yeah..I've noticed that Benz's go through alot of tires when pushed a lil harder. Maybe it's cuz it's so heavy.....
    Reason why I like BMW..they are real drivers cars =)

DA PUN<!-- Signature -->

24. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SRB The Punisher</i>
    <b>Ouch...he crashed the E?
    was it an E55?

Is your Brother ok? Hope he is =)

Shall we talk on ICQ Chi? You seem to know alot more bout NSX than me? UIN61161142

Yeah..I've noticed that Benz's go through alot of tires when pushed a lil harder. Maybe it's cuz it's so heavy.....
    Reason why I like BMW..they are real drivers cars =)

BMW and Benz...have tons of little problems. Some of my aunties drive 7series and 5 series, and their cars seem to always need to send back to the factory for repairing but I am not sure what kind of problems they have. My friend drives a 330ci and he says that it is VERY expensive to repair the car. For Benz, I notice that their LIGHT BULBS are easy to burn down, which is quite annoying.<!-- Signature -->

25. I drive a few cars.
    Basically 2 souped up ones and a nice normal family sedan that I hope to soup up one day =P

I got a 2.5RS Impreza running bout 900+hp =)
    a 2001 BMW M3 Running running bout 1000hp =)
    and a nice 94 Oldsmobile Delta 88 Royale with bout 250hp..and hope to totally supe it up when warranty is dead. I'll probs wait a while..so that emissions on it would be lowered.

DA PUN<!-- Signature -->