Re: NSX wins the GT

Discussion in '2001 Honda NSX-R Concept' started by ameritechF1, Aug 9, 2002.

1. this is a bitchin car
    i luv imports<!-- Signature -->

2. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from sewermonster</i>
    <b>The guy who won the GT this year was driving a NSX.
    He beat out 4 bmws 5 corvettes 1 mustang and 3 porches
    anyone who follows touring cars probably alrady knows.

The driver amazingly beat all the compatition useing handleing to his advantage because his cars did not have the horse power to compete with the the other cars. It was really intresting to watch for all those intrested there will be another showing of the championship next week on speedvision whatever channel that is for you guys.

I was surprised i honestly thought that the NSX would not be able to compete with the other cars but i guess the driver must have had a lot of skill cause he won with 250 pts and the closest to him was a BMW driver with 125pts or somthing close. So obviously the NSX has enough power to get the job done and enough reliability.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

that NSX is also supercharged<!-- Signature -->

3. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Honda rulez</i>
    <b>Hi japssuck, NSX can beat a viper in 0-100-0mph test. That's from motortrend. And NSX can do the slalom faster too, cuz it's lighter and it's a mid-engine. NSX has the rank of "Japanese Ferrari." If there's no restriction in japan, Honda can make nsx to have way more horses.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

The Viper beat the NSX Zanardi Edition by 1.8 seconds (13.8 seconds to 15.5) in the 0-100-0 test from motor trend, and that was before it has the brakes that it has now... and .4 mph advantage in the slalom for a car that much narrower is not really that impressive.

you forgot to add the other tests in that comparo
    The Viper was faster by 17 mph 3.2 seconds in the one mile, .9 seconds and 10.7 mph in the 1/4 mile, .6 seconds in 0-60, 23.8 mph in the top speed, $12,300 cheaper in the as tested price, but got beat by .01g on the skidpad.<!-- Signature -->

4. NSX wins the GT

it's a nice car !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Yeah I'm.<!-- Signature -->

6. Hi japssuck, NSX can beat a viper in 0-100-0mph test. That's from motortrend. And NSX can do the slalom faster too, cuz it's lighter and it's a mid-engine. NSX has the rank of "Japanese Ferrari." If there's no restriction in japan, Honda can make nsx to have way more horses.

7. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from nismoGTR</i>
    <b> foolz audi won the speedvison championship (in the gt class if that is what you are talking about anyway)</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

the audi in speedvision is modified by AUDI of europe while the ACURA nsx was modified by normal guys, besides, NSX shows its true power in the Japanese Grand Touring Championships where audi a/s 4's wouldn't be able to compete.(note: cars like mclaren f1 and lamborghini diablo are in this championship.)

8. #8 Guibo, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from sewermonster</i>
    </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    Are you sure about that? According to the Speedvision final standings, Michael Galati won. Michael Galati drives an Audi S4:

http://www.speedvision.com/pub/points_ar/scca_speedvision.html

LOL, the NSX had a supercharger and still didn't win.

9. #9 Honda rulez, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    <center><hr width=90%></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Guibo</i>
    <b><center><hr width=90%></center><blockquote><i>Quote from sewermonster</i>
    </b></blockquote><center><hr width=90%></center>
    Are you sure about that? According to the Speedvision final standings, Michael Galati won. Michael Galati drives an Audi S4:

<A HREF= http://webwarper.net/ww/~GZ/www.speedvision.com/pub/points_ar/scca_speedvision.html?* TARGET=_new> <A HREF="http://www.speedvision.com/pub/points_ar/scca_speedvision.html</A>" TARGET="_new">http://www.speedvision.com/pub/points_ar/scca_speedvision.html</A></A>

LOL, the NSX had a supercharger and still didn't win.</b></blockquote><center><hr width=90%></center>
    The S4 was tuned by pros while NSX was tuned by normal guys.<!-- Signature -->

10. NSX wins the GT

11. The guy who won the GT this year was driving a NSX.
    He beat out 4 bmws 5 corvettes 1 mustang and 3 porches
    anyone who follows touring cars probably alrady knows.

The driver amazingly beat all the compatition useing handleing to his advantage because his cars did not have the horse power to compete with the the other cars. It was really intresting to watch for all those intrested there will be another showing of the championship next week on speedvision whatever channel that is for you guys.

I was surprised i honestly thought that the NSX would not be able to compete with the other cars but i guess the driver must have had a lot of skill cause he won with 250 pts and the closest to him was a BMW driver with 125pts or somthing close. So obviously the NSX has enough power to get the job done and enough reliability.

12. yeah i love GT races. i dont know very much about it because i dont have speedvision, so i may get to watch one or two a year, and then maybe one F1 race. but yeah, they are incredible. i love the realtime integras and how they make the BMW's look like big heavy rolls royce's. i saw one civic HB that sorta looked like mine that did very well on one race. he was leading when i last saw it, but then i had to go. i wish they would show it more on more common channels, but maybe in the future.

13. Was it a Red civic?

14. all I have to say is put a stock viper against a stock NSX or any other jap car and we'll talk

15. i THINK it was red, but it couldve been yellow too. they said it was new and that the race at Leguna Seca was its first. its hood was carbon fiber, but thats all i can remember. id love to have it though. street legal of course.

16. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Chii</i>
    <b>But there are some bad mods, like Skylines have to be FR...</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    yea...but I still like the Carlsonic SKyline ;)<!-- Signature -->

17. I like the Mobil ! NSX, but I hope there's a Avex Dome NSX again, they used to be there, but now, it's raybrig...<!-- Signature -->

18. I like the Mobile 1 NSX too!
    I somehow think the Mugen NSX looks like a watermelon...maybe because of its color<!-- Signature -->

19. yeah exactly.
    also, the supras are very scary when the head lights' turned on...<!-- Signature -->

20. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Chii</i>
    <b>yeah exactly.
    also, the supras are very scary when the head lights' turned on...</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    hm..why scary??
    do those Skylines have headlights?? the whole thing is in black :0<!-- Signature -->

21. yes, the skyline have a little square light near the intake.
    The supra, it have two big round lights, one on each side.<!-- Signature -->

22. they use halogen lights instead of xenons :p<!-- Signature -->

23. uuummmm.... I never knew that.<!-- Signature -->

24. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Chii</i>
    <b>uuummmm.... I never knew that.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    hm..I dont' know...because when I watch on TV, those DTM or GT1/GT2/LMP race cars dont' seem to use xenon. The lights were quite dark...<!-- Signature -->

25. HB JGTC?<!-- Signature -->