Re: Only 300hp from 4,6l v8 ford should be ashsmed

Discussion in '2003 Ford Mustang Mach 1' started by Pandaman, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Only 300hp from 4,6l v8 ford should be ashsmed

ford should drop that engine all together, and come uo with something new. it is so underpowerd cmpared to anything esle. its not funny really i see it an insult to a v8 . A muscle car YAH RIGHT!!!!!!!!

2. I don't see anybody else making 300 horsepower with a mere 281 cubic inches of naturally aspirated V8.<!-- Signature -->

3. 300 hp is the estimated number for this car no one knows the real numbers yet and they most likely will be higher. Do not post about cars you know nothing about, you merely waste peoples time by making them read garbage.

4. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from I bleed Ford blue</i>
    <b>I don't see anybody else making 300 horsepower with a mere 281 cubic inches of naturally aspirated V8.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

New BMW 745i.....
    4.4l ->333hp...

Not to be compared her though, just a remark.....

I'd still would love to own a Mach 1!<!-- Signature -->

5. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Pandaman</i>
    <b>ford should drop that engine all together, and come uo with something new. it is so underpowerd cmpared to anything esle. its not funny really i see it an insult to a v8 . A muscle car YAH RIGHT!!!!!!!!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

I pretty sure that anyone claiming that 300hp is low for a 4.6 liter v-8 probably has never driven a car, period. A mustang gt can pull mid 13's in the quarter mile with just 260hp, now what do you think an extra 40hp will do, make it go faster, thats right! I see it as an insult that your knowledge on vehicles is just about zero.

6. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from American HP</i>
    <b> pretty sure that anyone claiming that 300hp is low for a 4.6 liter v-8 probably has never driven a car, period. A mustang gt can pull mid 13's in the quarter mile with just 260hp, now what do you think an extra 40hp will do, make it go faster, thats right! I see it as an insult that your knowledge on vehicles is just about zero.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Stock GT's low 14's to 14 flat. They will never be mid 13 cars without tires/gears and some weight reduction.

300hp is a step in the right direction.<!-- Signature -->

7. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from May Spin</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from American HP</i>
    <b> pretty sure that anyone claiming that 300hp is low for a 4.6 liter v-8 probably has never driven a car, period. A mustang gt can pull mid 13's in the quarter mile with just 260hp, now what do you think an extra 40hp will do, make it go faster, thats right! I see it as an insult that your knowledge on vehicles is just about zero.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Stock GT's low 14's to 14 flat. They will never be mid 13 cars without tires/gears and some weight reduction.

300hp is a step in the right direction.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Nope, in the new Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords magizine they ran a stock gt and got a 13.7 in the quater mile. I guess 13.7 is a little higher than a mid 13, but it's damm close.

8. I'll take your word for it. 13.7 on a stock GT is a first. I have never liked magazine racing. The average GT is low 14's to 14 flat. Trust me, 13.7 in a stock GT is rare, very, very rare. God must of been smiling down that day.<!-- Signature -->

9. I think your eyes where out of focus and it probably said Cobra but any how mustangs rock!!!!!!

10. Well first off i think that 300 hp is damn good from a 281 engine, no matter how many cylinders it has or what is displacement is. The fact is that if they went to the size that a mach 1 was originally ( i believe it was a 301 or somthing derived from the BOSS... correct me if you know the correct size) this thing would kick, after all the cobra R was a 330 and got 385 NA... so imagine the possibilites

11. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from May Spin</i>
    <b>I'll take your word for it. 13.7 on a stock GT is a first. I have never liked magazine racing. The average GT is low 14's to 14 flat. Trust me, 13.7 in a stock GT is rare, very, very rare. God must of been smiling down that day.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --> i definitely agree, i have beaten a friend's stock 2001 GT in three cars (nissan, GMC, and chevy... I'm not bullshitting here, although it sounds like it b/c of the cars i'm listing, if you really want to know the details email me and i'll tell you, OH, and I'm not trying to insult a GT, just stating something that occured)... I'm glad ford is stepping it up though with 300hp. I mean, as far as I know, the new GT's won't beat the GT's of old with the 5.0L

12. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from hsckris</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from May Spin</i>
    <b>I'll take your word for it. 13.7 on a stock GT is a first. I have never liked magazine racing. The average GT is low 14's to 14 flat. Trust me, 13.7 in a stock GT is rare, very, very rare. God must of been smiling down that day.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --> i definitely agree, i have beaten a friend's stock 2001 GT in three cars (nissan, GMC, and chevy... I'm not bullshitting here, although it sounds like it b/c of the cars i'm listing, if you really want to know the details email me and i'll tell you, OH, and I'm not trying to insult a GT, just stating something that occured)... I'm glad ford is stepping it up though with 300hp. I mean, as far as I know, the new GT's won't beat the GT's of old with the 5.0L </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

The new GT's have more hp than any of the 5.0's. They are faster than the older 5.0s. I'm sure that 13.7 from a stock gt is rare, but it can be done. And what cars are you talking about, you never said what they were?

13. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from cowboy84</i>
    <b>Well first off i think that 300 hp is damn good from a 281 engine, no matter how many cylinders it has or what is displacement is. The fact is that if they went to the size that a mach 1 was originally ( i believe it was a 301 or somthing derived from the BOSS... correct me if you know the correct size) this thing would kick, after all the cobra R was a 330 and got 385 NA... so imagine the possibilites
    </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->the original mach 1 in 69 either came with a 351,390, or 428 engine in it. all three were good fast engines. the new mach 1 has good styling of the old days and they are fast too. ford is doing a good job of bringin back the mach 1 and next years boss 302. even the bullit was a good car even though it was from a movie. this car is going to be a hit with ford lovers!

14. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Pandaman</i>
    <b>ford should drop that engine all together, and come uo with something new. it is so underpowerd cmpared to anything esle. its not funny really i see it an insult to a v8 . A muscle car YAH RIGHT!!!!!!!!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

Your about as smart as the stuffed panda you had in front of your face when you tried to type all that jibberish.