Re: Only 350hp ??

Discussion in '2003 Chevrolet Corvette 50th Anniversary' started by vetteboy79, Aug 9, 2002.

1. actually the new Z06 goes 0-60 in 3.9 seconds<!-- Signature -->

2. didnt need to know. <!-- Signature -->

3. look at the price of the ZO6. look at the price of the base Corvette. that is why they used the base Corvette engine, because the anniversary edition will be jacked in price enough as it is. besides... 350hp and 375 ft lbs. is more than enough to make some fine art with rubber on tarmac.<!-- Signature -->

4. I always find these "ONLY XXX HP" posts humorous when i come across them. 350 hp is a lot of horsies under any hood stock from the factory. And the Z06 is a Z06 because that is what it was designed to be, this vette is a herratige edition, something that is supposed to honor the history of this car and become collectable at the same time, it was not meant to be the top of the line performer. the 1993 40th aniversay vette was not the ZR1 why should the 50th be the Z06?

5. Chevrolet’s tribute to 50 years of Corvette history— the 50th Anniversary Special Edition—arrives this summer as a 2003 model featuring a red exterior, shale interior, commemorative badging (front, back and fenders) and champagne-colored wheels.
    The special-edition treatment is available on coupe and convertible models, with the convertible fitted with a shale soft-top to match the interior trim. All 2003 Vettes—special-edition or not, including Z06—get front and rear anniversary emblems featuring the number 50 and the crossed flags logo.
    Running gear remains the same for 2003, the 350-hp 5.7-liter V8 with a choice of a four-speed automatic or six-speed manual transmission. But the commemorative model and all 2003 Corvette coupes and convertibles also get a semi-active suspension system that Chevy is calling Magnetic Selective Ride Control.
    The system uses an electromagnetic coil to alter fluid consistency inside shocks and struts to vary damping, which Chevy says provides a flatter ride and more responsive handling, especially in high-speed maneuvers.

6. yeh we read that in the description just like you did mr 60 minutes.<!-- Signature -->

7. riiight! he knows how to use the copy paste function of the computer. sweet, i need lessons

8. Ok, first off, the horsepower thing. I won't complain. My 1992 Toyota Tercel has 93 horsepower. It will go 0-60 in the time it takes me to take a crap and read an article in the latest edition of Sport Compact Car. So 350 horses is quit a bit. Lemme guess, ur also pissed that the Bugatti 16/4 Veyron ONLY has over 800 horses. Anyway, yeah, I'm really proud of that guy who learned how to use his copy and paste button. I wish he was my own. He's almost as talented as my dog who just sits in front of the t.v. and drools on himself.<!-- Signature -->

9. excuse me but i think that if 1000 hp doesn't fit ur needs i think u should try shoving a moving freight train up ur ass maybe that much power would satisfy u

10. i think 350 hp is more than enough, besides however much horsepower you have effects how fast you can go, not how fast you can get there, that's torque poeple<!-- Signature -->

11. 350 horses are lots... maybe some of you people havn't felt 350hp. i havn't been in this model but i have gotten to ride in my buddies 96 vette(i think it was 96 anways. could be wrong ) . and it pushes... beleive me...its enough to make you leave funny looking brown streaks in your pants... takling from experince.. ( kidding ) lol. <!-- Signature -->

12. Only 350hp ??

Why don'y they use the Z06 engine ?

13. because it is for the zo6. but i agree why not.

14. Who cares about the price? It's a limited run-special aniversary edition, if they're going to pacakage it as such, it should with the best engine, the new 405Hp Z06 one. Either that, or revive the 405Hp DOHC engine from the ZR1, revise software and intake for 415-425Hp, and drop it in.

15. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Corvette Z06</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from deuginthesky</i>
    <b>Why don'y they use the Z06 engine ? </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

This car is designed to commemorate the Corvette not the newly awesome Z06. 0-60 in 4.7 seconds is plenty of power to handle.
    </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE --> i thought it went 0-60 in 3.9, 4.7 is slow<!-- Signature -->

16. Who cares about how much horsepower this car has???

God, its a friggin commemerative edition car, not the new C6.
    The Z06 is an entirely different type of vette.

All I care about is how much this car will be worth in 20 years.<!-- Signature -->

17. It probably would have been better to use the Z06's LS6 engine and its features for the Corvette 50th Anniversary car, but then again, I think Chevrolet wants to use the original C5 Corvette engine, since the first Corvette wasn't a Z06.<!-- Signature -->

18. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from gerard1</i>
    <b>excuse me but i think that if 1000 hp doesn't fit ur needs i think u should try shoving a moving freight train up ur ass maybe that much power would satisfy u</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    Notice where Corvette Z06 put *sarcasm* at the end of his text, that means you're an IDIOT and can't read !!!!!<!-- Signature -->

19. This vette should be wortha hell of a lot in twenty years, just look at the 20th anniversary turbo v6 powered Trans Am, that thing is worth a mint if you can get your hands on one of the 100 that they made

20. who ever said that 0 to 60 in 4.7 is not i slow is a little slow them self. I bet they have never been in a car that can go that fast.<!-- Signature -->

21. the 50th annivarsery is a symbol that its still around and going strong and hasnt died out unline the camaro and other great cars made by them. also it hasnt been pu$$ied out like the new monte carlos and the new impala and so on...<!-- Signature -->

22. HAHAHA, who the hell says 0-60 in 4.7 is slow? What, are all of you car retarded? Most of you don't even deserve to be on this site, how ignorant you are... Only 350 HP, what the hell do you want it to have? 350 HP is enough, it is a decent amount. The Car is a 50th Anniversary Vette, it isn't a Z06, otherwise they would call it a 2003 Chevrolet Corvette Z06, now wouldn't they you idiot. Oh you people get me so f**kin' pissed...<!-- Signature -->

23. I agree, 350 is a LOT, and it's still pretty bloody fast.
    but I think that for a 50th aniversary they should really have made something special, like at least put in a slightly upgraded Z06 engine in, and maybe a special paint job with stripes on it or something.

but still, it's pretty nice.
    <!-- Signature -->

24. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from burbanman67</i>
    <b>i think 350 hp is more than enough, besides however much horsepower you have effects how fast you can go, not how fast you can get there, that's torque poeple</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    right, and then wrong<!-- Signature -->

25. i kno wat they should do: pull the 8.1 liter from teh suburban, revise n modify it n drop it under the corvette hood w/ 700 hp and 649 ft/lbs *aww man* its all about big blox!