Re: Plain ugly

Discussion in '2002 Honda NSX Coupe' started by SRB The Punisher, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Speak again.
    Have you even driven a NSX before?
    It's all leather interior with Carbon Fibre panels.
    You wouldn't know a good sports car if it runs you over!!

It's made to be stripped bare so it's weight saving =)
    It's light weight, uses modern materials.

Of course it's not a Luxury sports car like Porsche or Ferrari. But are those cars you will seriously race. They cost so much more and are much more rare. They're show cars. Hell...you probably won't be even confident to park one out on da streetz let alone race it!!

NSX is the best alternative, cheaper, good performance, comfortable (this is no accord), and overall a very good interactive driving experience.
    Go drive an NSX before you criticize!!

DA PUN
    <!-- Signature -->

2. All leather interior...gee what car that price doesnt come with leather interior?? Infact anycar can have leather interior if u ask for one. If its just performance u are into, then why not just have a v12 engine on a Go Cart???

Ferraris are meant for pure racing, thats why some dont even have a radio inside because of the weight. But now they are developing luxuires as well as performance and now they are in a class with porsches and lambos,aston martins, maseratis(and much more...notice, no jap cars are mentioned). Paying this much for a Jap car??think twice.

3. Ummmm.....
    I don't Know why do you hate the NSX that much.
    But in FACT, and that's a Proven FACT, NSX is better than is 355, They are tested and they are raced, the NSX won that race.

Ferraris are meant for pure racing, thats why some dont even have a radio inside because of the weight. But now they are developing luxuires as well as performance and now they are in a class with porsches and lambos,aston martins, maseratis(and much more...notice, no jap cars are mentioned).

Yeah, Finally, which Lamborghini started much later than Ferrari.

All leather interior...gee what car that price doesnt come with leather interior?? Infact anycar can have leather interior if u ask for one.

I guess all cars but yours, oh wait, you don't have one, or was it you HAD one without leather?
    Oh heck, I don't care about your car if you HAD or have one.<!-- Signature -->

4. i agree this car is ugly the old one was much better

5. Plain ugly

The old one looks better than this, and there is nothing special about this car anymore. Its time for a model model with totally new look, and one that does not copy any other designs (esp europeans)
    And the headlights look really bad!! it doesnt look right...

6. for themost part, it's the same as every other NSX on this web site. They need to change the style, I used to think they were tight and now I think they're played out.

Come one Honda. Do something about this. Your NSX is fading out

7. Ummmm..this car is just a temporary improvement. The new NSX is coming 2005 =)

DA PUN<!-- Signature -->

8. shut the #$%# up man! i happen to like this car<!-- Signature -->

9. This car iz da bomb. the car it replaced was the best handling, and one of the best looking cars, around. this one improves on both. ok, so the engine is a bit old and hasn't had a decent power hike in the NSX's ten year life but it can still out preform a supra or RX-7. it was meant to compete with ferrari and when it was first released it did. the real replacment will look and handle just like this, but will have a 400 plus bhp V8 which will rip anything in its path!<!-- Signature -->

10. this car is awesome. I dont know why you guys are all talkin sh*t about it, its probably only because you are jealous that you cant afford one. this car can easily be tuned to produce 600bhp, and with minor adjustments it will beat a 360 for about 60% of the price after tuning. this car is the original japanese supercar.

11. Yep.
    I think this is the first actual Jap Supercar. Been around long enough. And it was soley designed to go gainst the Euros.

DA PUN<!-- Signature -->

12. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SRB The Punisher</i>
    <b>Yep.
    I think this is the first actual Jap Supercar. Been around long enough. And it was soley designed to go gainst the Euros.

DA PUN</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->And the First, I believe.<!-- Signature -->

13. Hmmmmmm..ya..maybe.
    Unless you consider the older Skylines R series to be supercars too..but they were more of sport sedans..not supercars.
    even the R34 can be called a VERY sporty sedan =P

I think this is the first Jap supercar =)

DA PUN<!-- Signature -->

14. Yea buddy, nice one jealous of this japanese sushi??Dont think so..I would get Eupropean supercars for this price man. The headlights look shit man, and please, there are not much difference than the old one. It used to compete with ferraris, but I dont think it stands a chance now, not even porsches. I know this car has been out for a while, but its Hondas fault for not releaseing updates on it while other competitors have. And after 10 or more years, this is what Honda came up with?? Totally dissapointing. I bet the 2005 model will copy the style of the europeans because the Japs cant think of a better design, so they just copy others.

15. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from luekevin</i>
    <b>Yea buddy, nice one jealous of this japanese sushi??Dont think so..I would get Eupropean supercars for this price man. The headlights look shit man, and please, there are not much difference than the old one. It used to compete with ferraris, but I dont think it stands a chance now, not even porsches. I know this car has been out for a while, but its Hondas fault for not releaseing updates on it while other competitors have. And after 10 or more years, this is what Honda came up with?? Totally dissapointing. I bet the 2005 model will copy the style of the europeans because the Japs cant think of a better design, so they just copy others. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    Japanese can't think of other designs? yea rite! You should say Porsche use their design over and over again!
    If you want to compete, take any V6 MRs, no one could come close except XJ200 cuz it has a freakin twin turbo!
    There's not much difference than the old one, cuz it don't need to improve much, it's still good enough.<!-- Signature -->

16. NSX's share alot of engine parts with other engines from the honda family, most of the off-the-shelf performance parts for VTECs from japanese tuning houses fit them. NSX bolt on bits themselves are cheap. <!-- Signature -->

17. I knew sombody will say "thats coze NSX dont need much improvement" Then why did u say porsche use their design over and over again??

No, NSX is shit, no quality and lack of styling. Comparing it with German quality?? Dont be a fool!!
    Over the past 10 years u see competitors like Ferrari changing their designs and nearly all of them r sweet despite the fact that they are all NSX beaters, however Honda still stick with their old design and thats why it looks totally out of date now. And by the way, the MR is a dead copy of the porsche boxster.Anybody can figure that out.

18. MR is totally copy of boxter?
    MR means mid mounted engine with rear wheel drive!
    Besides, most porsche is RR.
    Ferrari can beat NSX, yeah, I agree, that's if it is a 550 or 360, but all of those is V8 or V12!
    I have no idea of why does porsche changes all the time, BTW porsche makes their sports car all the time, all of their cars are sports cars, but not Honda!
    Ferrari changes their design because they are trying to beat Lamborghini, only the 355 will compete with the NSX but the NSX beat 355 easily.<!-- Signature -->

19. Actually...The 355 is not beat out by the NSX easily. They are on pretty even grounds =)

Porsche, well they don't change much cuz they like heritage, and also, a the round shape is very good cuz it's aerodynamic while allowing the maximum capacity for an streamlined car work =)

As for Ferrari, yes, they all use bigger displacment engines with more cylinders and their competition is mainly Porsche and Lambo.

As for the dumbass who said comparing this car to German quality, don't doubt it. Unless you've drive this car, you dunno it.
    And only 1 German car comp make true supercars and das Porsche.
    And when did Ferrari be come German.

BTW, do you even know the prices of these cars.
    I can get a brang new NSX fully loaded from bout $125,000 CAD!
    Porsche 911T stock no options $180,000 CAD!
    Ferrari 360 stock is around $250,000..CAD
    550 $275,000 CAD!

The only European car that compares to this car in price and value is the Lotus Esprit =)

Please do more research!!!!

DA PUN
    <!-- Signature -->

20. Look whose the dumbass now!! i never said Ferraris were from Germany, i only brought up the germans coze i was talking about the porsches. Japanese cars are pretty shit in quality when comparing with european brands. Japs car quality are cheap and plasticy, and you know whether they are solid or not by just closing the door.Yes NSX is the cheapest from all its "competitiors" because it is shit. Ferraris used to be all about the racing, so therefore not much done to its interior, but now they made it really luxuries and sporty aswell and i dont think NSX made any changes. Honda is not much of a racing brand, so why struggle to make a car to compete??

I dont care where the engine for the MR is positioned, just look at the styling man. A boxster with lines.

21. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from luekevin</i>
    <b>Look whose the dumbass now!! i never said Ferraris were from Germany, i only brought up the germans coze i was talking about the porsches. Japanese cars are pretty shit in quality when comparing with european brands. Japs car quality are cheap and plasticy, and you know whether they are solid or not by just closing the door.Yes NSX is the cheapest from all its "competitiors" because it is shit. Ferraris used to be all about the racing, so therefore not much done to its interior, but now they made it really luxuries and sporty aswell and i dont think NSX made any changes. Honda is not much of a racing brand, so why struggle to make a car to compete??

I dont care where the engine for the MR is positioned, just look at the styling man. A boxster with lines.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    Well, then you should put your word, german, in the same place with porsche!
    NSX is cheapest because it don't care about the interior, they just put enough parts in the interior to make you comfortable while driving, and all of those parts are useful.
    boxter doesn't HAVE LINES.
    I think Honda wanted to proof that Japanese is the superior of car techology, which is quite true.<!-- Signature -->

22. Why dont you read whats there??? I said MR is like a boxster with lines u idiot!!

What technology does the jap have besides the electric powered motor which runs like 100 miles per hr top speed?? The cabin really matters aswell as the outside. And u r right, they want to make it comfortable enought to drive, well i dont think hondas very comfortable when you have plastic cabins all around u. I'm not the only one whose saying the quality is shit all comments from car magazines all say things like honda has a really bad interior.

I guess the NSX's interior really matches its exterior, they are both shit and out of date.

23. judging from your replies I know know intelligent u r. Even a Barina can have leather seats mate, any car with seats can, so whats your point?. I never said i hate NSX, infact I said earlier i liked the old design better, the one with the flip lights, but this new one is just ugly...mainly from the headlights. Besides, not much jap cars excite me much.

All i'm saying is NSX needs a major face lift, perhaps a new model to replace it because it is getting out of date. As for the 2005 model, i bet it will look abit like the european models.

24. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from luekevin</i>
    <b>judging from your replies I know know intelligent u r. Even a Barina can have leather seats mate, any car with seats can, so whats your point?. I never said i hate NSX, infact I said earlier i liked the old design better, the one with the flip lights, but this new one is just ugly...mainly from the headlights. Besides, not much jap cars excite me much.

All i'm saying is NSX needs a major face lift, perhaps a new model to replace it because it is getting out of date. As for the 2005 model, i bet it will look abit like the european models.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    What's Barina?
    Ofcourse any seats could have leather seats, I just said any car could have leather seats, that means any seat could have leather.
    But personnally, I don't like leather.

Yeah, I have to agree on one thing, the headlights is not a good design.<!-- Signature -->

25. Dude, you really dont know shit about the NSX dont u? the NSX is a "Exotic Import Sports Car", same class as the Ferrari and Lamborghini and all those other 300,000 dollar cars, the Ferrari is not a quick car for their price, if im gonna spend 200,000 dollars on an "Exotic Import Sports Car" that ***** better run 11's but they dont .... so dont talk shit about the NSX, u made the Wrong move talking in this post