Re: porsche vs lambo

Discussion in '2001 Ruf 911 RTurbo' started by BrEaKa eX, Aug 9, 2002.

1. well the porsche is a racing car... lambo is a luxury car with a 12cy and its a bit heavyer

2. Lamborghini's are good, dont get me wrong but it depends on the car
    DIABLO, MURCIELAGO

But as my name suggests it, THE PORSCHE WOULD WIN

:C

3. I like lambos as much as i do to porsches but in this dispute i think the porsche would kill any car that comes in its path the lambo has no chance......and another thing is going 0-60 is not all horsepower its mostly torque and this lil is lil in that section where else will u find a car with 740 torque...and dont forget that this isnt a v-12 this is a v-10 so thats a big diff too so all you ppl who say that this car is nothing vs the lambo your wrong......its either u dont know anything about cars or somethin wrong with u

4. R:

Porsche = win, easily.

It can easily outhandle a lambo, and if ouy look at top speeds, the ruf can go way over that with gear ration tuning, but that would lower the acceleration, so top speed and acceleration do not show what the cars made of. of course comparing 6-12 cylinders is obscene, but that just shows how much better porsches are, engineering wise that is.

5. sorry Lambo,u just got beat.
    the 0-60 numbers are wrong and the guy who said he saw a porche doing 0-60 in 3.5 is wright.this baby will surprise many cars by letting them get used to the view of it's ass.

6. Okay, letŽs clear up the misunderstandings that constantly seem to occur...

First of all, the Ruf RTurbo isnŽt a tuned car, much less a Porsche. ItŽs a serial production car, which IS in fact based on the 911 series, but thatŽs where the similarities end.

Second of all, the optional 6th gear, which enables the car to go 212 mph, isnŽt as beneficial as it is a marketing ploy. The car has to fight an extremely tall gear ratio, which means that the 6th gear acceleration would be slower with the optional gear ratio. I would take the stock 205 mph if I were you.

I am not biased as far as supercars are concerned. The Ruf RTurbo WILL take a Murcielago or any stock Lamborghini for that matter. Note that I said TAKE, not blow away, rape or any other words that seem to be popular among the highly uneducated members of this forum. Why will it take the Lamborghini? Just calculate the power-to-weight ratio and thereŽs your answer. You have to realize that Porsche and Lamborghini build different-purpose sports cars. The Lambo is a flashy show-stopper, a great high-speed cruiser and an all-around decent performer. The Porsches (including the Ruf) are lighter and donŽt attract a lot of attention, but they have killer performance. Their handling is superior to most other SUPERCARS, whether you believe it or not. This of course applies for the Turbo and GT models, while the Carrera, without the optional sport suspension, is a much more civilized car. Which car would I choose? IŽd take both.

I am not here to cause flame-posts or anything similar. IŽm a car enthusiast. More people here should realize that true enthusiasts appreciate ANY car for its qualities and do not immediately jump at its weak spots just because they prefer another brand. Whrn people declare that "this car sux" and "that car blows it away" theyŽre only showing their own immaturity and lack of knowledge. And, as you without doubt have guessed - they donŽt even have driversŽ licenses.

Show more patience and maturity and these forums will finally develop to their full potential.

7. #32 Fluchtwagen, Oct 6, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    D:

do you have any idea what you have gotten into with this post? ok let me have a go my fellow Stuttgarters. the 911 GT2 does have a faster N'Ring time than the murci (previously stated), yet it weighs more and has a shitload less power than the godlike Carrera GT. that will tear up ANY stock lambo, and as for the entire Murci GT thing, just wait until RUF or Gemballa get there hands on the GT.

P.S. you ignorant lambo people continue to say things such as "lambo is raw power" or "nothing will touch lambo", without any backup at all. you all probably think this is the fastest tuned 996 porsche eh? well how you like this, http://www.flat-6.net/view.php?model=Gemballa&sel=Gemballa+GTR+750&tab=oview
    read it and weep. has the diablo GTR met its match, i would say so.

P.P.S. the Murcielago is without a doubt the best Lamborghini made, and the GT will be hella-fast. coincedence that the car was finally made AFTER Audi purchased the going-down-hill Lamborghini? remember my amigos, Porsche started VW, which owns Audi, get the clue???

8. raw power in the lamborghini, you've gotta be shitting me right?
    The Murcielago was tested at Nardo and hit a measly 205mph while the RUF Turbo R was 2nd fastest on the day with an amazing 214mph. Raw speed, you make me laugh. Also the murcielago is a tank weighing in at 1730kg and it is no match for the Turbo R. Also that dick who was paying out the name Ruf, thats the guys name who founded the company dick. You deserve to be a dodge fan with the way you act.
    Ruf wins by far in this instance.

P.S. The Porsche that does a 7:46 is actually a GT3 not a GT2 so the GT2 totally owns the GT3 and the Murcielago doesnt crack 8 minute barrier :p

9. VoiceofReason told it like it is. Lambos are show-off cars that can also provide you with some fun while Ruf's are made to PERFORM. On a track, the winner is RUF.

10. hey too the guy that pulled out the custom lambo. Could your custom lambo take a custom porsche? Your taking a super custom car and comparing it to a custom 6 cyl. A LAMBO HAS 12 cylinders!! Id maybe be impressed if it could double the porsches bhp. Most porsche only carry a 6cyl. Now to take this custom beuty in from what i hear this car here has 1300 bhp and outstanding stats. Too bad i cant read them cuz its in swede but anyway interesting in tryin ask me for the website.

11. Zero to sixty takes 3.6 seconds. Rest to 100 takes 7.9. Very few cars can create these G-force laden time distortions. None of them can do it with such ridiculous, sure-footed ease. the 3.6 is striped down, valve train replaced, camshafts revised, VarioCam system revised and KKK turbochargers, installed with a by-pass valve exhaust system and re-maped Bosch engine management. They stuff the turbos, intercoolers and related plumbing into a svelte 996 body using Porsche GT3 engine mounts. This car is made for the autobahn

....im waiting Lambo

12. Zero to sixty takes 3.6 seconds. Rest to 100 takes 7.9. Very few cars can create these G-force laden time distortions. None of them can do it with such ridiculous, sure-footed ease. the 3.6 is striped down, valve train replaced, camshafts revised, VarioCam system revised and KKK turbochargers, installed with a by-pass valve exhaust system and re-maped Bosch engine management. They stuff the turbos, intercoolers and related plumbing into a svelte 996 body using Porsche GT3 engine mounts. This car is made for the autobahn

....im waiting Lambo

13. ???

Why should anyone mock any porsches or Lamborghinis

They're both great cars. Maybe Porsches are faster around a track.
    Lamborhinis aren't slow and they look great

14. first of all the porche gets from 0-60 .2 seconds faster and has higher top speed. Second of all the Porsche has much better handling. And third of all the body of the Porsche is a work of art abd the Lambo looks like ass.

15. Well, let me throw in my two cents. My uncle has owned both, and he currently owns a 2002 911 turbo. They redid the suspension, put in new mufflers and exhaust, and sent the computer back to germany to have it reconfig'd. The Porsche dealer said it's capable of 200+ (although yet to be tested) and he had it dyno'd at 480 hp. The car he had before that was a Lambo diablo vt 6.0. He said the only thing the lambo had on the porsche was a high profile. He said as far as he was concerned with which was a better driving machine, Porsche won in every way shape and form. Personally I think they're both awesome cars, but I just thought coming from someone who has owned both cars, it might have a little relevance here.

16. VoiceOfReason: you said it all. There are just to manny freaks on this site who just loves 1 car and hates the rest. I love Porsches, but I just the car I love the most. Lamno, Ferrari, Bugatti, viper, corvettes,..... there all great!!

17. to all the Lambo lovers who say this is shit i say this:
    Ride it.Experience it.Be silenced.

18. Porsche all the way... im sorry but lambo's are nice but more style 2 me.. porsche would smoke it...

19. Horse power isnt the only thing that makes a car...

20. Yeah they're fast and powerful but not TOO fast and powerful. "Only" 550++ for the flagship Murc? I don't think so.

21. Compare a Porsche and a Lambo? You gotta Be kidding me! No offence! Porsche are great cars, but honestly, you can nEVER compare a Dog with a Cheetah!