Re: Question for anyone that can help..

Discussion in '2002 Nissan Sentra SE-R V Spec' started by z28vette, Aug 10, 2002.

1. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from LEXUSGOD</i>
    <b>I'm not really very knowledged with cars, either, but I wouldn't recommend any domestics (especially Fords). I'd recommend an Altima or an Accord (if your 22k is in USD). Hondas are good for modifying (the engine). I'm not sure about the new Altimas, though, but these are just my ideas. For the sake of not creating an eyesore, please do not pimp up or soup up a crappy car like a domestic.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    obviously as u said, u don't know anything about cars, u should take a look at other areas, liek the technical forums, u'll learn a lot, plus you'll know something about the real facts<!-- Signature -->

2. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from JMKnaust</i>
    <b>I'de recommend a VR6 VW Golf. They can be made to look awesome, performance mods are available, and they come standard w/ 200+hp and a 6-speed.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    u should listen to this guy
    <!-- Signature -->

3. yea, those golf's are crazy little cars, i see one around my neighborhood, and it's gold, lowered, tinted, rims, etc
    it's bad ass, even though i'm impartial to hondas, and i drive a '97 sentra gxe, auto, and i love the car for it's smallness, but no power, and i can't mod it cuase it's my parents

4. The bullshit some ppl talk hmm...

This is a 2002 car and there is alot of room for mods.
    the after market parts is not yet on the shelf
    but very soon you will be flying pass all the hondas on the road.

In bout 2 weeks i'm hetting my Spec V superchareged...

so when you see me say hi!
    and i'll say Bye!!<!-- Signature -->

5. Question for anyone that can help..

Hey,

I'm pretty new to knowing much about cars, but i want to learn as much as i can. I'm returning a leased 2000 Cavalier and i want to get a new car that is reliable, FUN to drive, and that i could mod. And i'm looking for a car no more than about 22k. I was looking at the 2002 Nissan SE-R Spec V as my next car. Someone told me that you cannot mod it or it loses performance. I didn't think that was true, so that's why i wanted to ask around. I was also looking at the Altima 2.5 or 3.5 SE (if i can afford it)

I am looking to lease my next car but putting about 3k down and paying no more than 275 a month. I will then buy it at the end of the lease.

Any help on this would be appreciated. Thanx.

6. Well, if your going to lease it, i dont think you would be able to mod it much, unless you want to swap it for the original parts everytime you take it to the dealership for a checkup. If you want a fun car to drive, this is it, and Nismo is coming to the US soon so you can mod it all your wallet can handle without it losing its warranty(nismo is to nissan as trd is to toyota) And for the most part, you wont lose performance if you mod it. Just know that the more weight the car has, the worst it will perform. So if you add a buncha subwoofers, kit, 20inch chromes, without doing anything to the cars power to comfescate(spelling?) for the extra weight, you will lose performance. I think its something like for every 100pounds you add to your car, you need 10hp so the performance doesn't decrease.

7. I'm not really very knowledged with cars, either, but I wouldn't recommend any domestics (especially Fords). I'd recommend an Altima or an Accord (if your 22k is in USD). Hondas are good for modifying (the engine). I'm not sure about the new Altimas, though, but these are just my ideas. For the sake of not creating an eyesore, please do not pimp up or soup up a crappy car like a domestic.

8. I'de recommend a VR6 VW Golf. They can be made to look awesome, performance mods are available, and they come standard w/ 200+hp and a 6-speed.