Re: Ram SRT-10 VS. S-10 Extreem

Discussion in '1966 Dodge D/Dart Super Stock' started by Mig29, Aug 9, 2002.

1. hey albert, how stupid are u really. s-10 cant even compete with mid sized sadans. what the #$%# is wrong with you. he is almost as stupid as the girl in the 2001 mustang cobra forum that said "finally they have a car that will smoke a mclearen F1 (mustang cobra that is)" I suggest everyone check out that forum. and wats all this talk about fords enyway. fords make domestics look bad. and noone speaking for ford should ever even mention reliability. this ram is purely bad ass period and no one should argue with that, especially ford drivers.

2. Ram SRT-10 VS. S-10 Extreem

who would win, really???<!-- Signature -->

3. are u kidding, u cant be this stupid. the dodge would murder the s-10. the s-10 has a regular blazer engine in it. the s10 is all looks no go. worked at bill kay chevy i know.

4. Ok #$%# a extreem but the Silverado SS would be close but still couldnt beat the SRT-10

5. three words = i hate you

6. someone needs to research a lot more on his trucks the s-10 wouldnt be crossing the starting line while the srt-10 would have finished...the srt-10 has a huge viper engin in it while as he said the s-10 extreme is running off a semi suped up blazer engine...which one do you think would win.....really

7. You must have no idea how bad Extremes suck.

SRT-10 S-10 Extreme Dakota Sport 4.7L 5-speed
    Aluminum V10 Iron V6 Iron V8
    500hp 180-190hp 235hp
    500lbs/f 250lbs/f 295lbs/f
    0-60 5sec 0-60 8-9 sec 0-60 6.7-7 sec
    6-speed 5-speed 5-speed
    1/4 et ? 16-17sec 14.9-15.2sec

As shown the Exteme is shown not to even be competition the the Current Factory Dakota never mind the new Sport Truck King SRT-10.

Extremes are nothing to be confused with a performance truck. They are not even functional with that gay little stepside box.

Even Rangers are faster than S-10s.

Erik<!-- Signature -->

8. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Mig29</i>
    <b>hey albert, how stupid are u really. s-10 cant even compete with mid sized sadans. what the #$%# is wrong with you. he is almost as stupid as the girl in the 2001 mustang cobra forum that said "finally they have a car that will smoke a mclearen F1 (mustang cobra that is)" I suggest everyone check out that forum. and wats all this talk about fords enyway. fords make domestics look bad. and noone speaking for ford should ever even mention reliability. this ram is purely bad ass period and no one should argue with that, especially ford drivers.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

YOU HIT THAT ON THE HEAD. AMEN!!!!!!!

9. Hey Eric aka Boxr4. First Rangers are nowhere even close to being faster than s-10 extreme's. Second My friend has a Dodge dakota sport with the magnum v6 and my four banger extreme was right beside it until second gear and that was a pussy little four banger. So before you knock on other idiots you might want to check your I.Q. as well. I have witnessed many times an S-10 extreme killing Rangers and Dakota sports

10. My '97 Dakota with a 3.9L, 175hp, and 225 lb. ft. of torque can easily keep up with an Xtreme!

11. he's right the extreme is much worse but.... the extreme is cheap ...it lacks power but has many luxury's unlike the Dakota sport..........now as for the srt-10 being the new truck king...speed wise it is...but let's not forget how long it's gonna take for this engine to blow-up....due to the naturally aspirated engine that devlops so much hp there will be tremendous stain on the engine.....unlike the Ford lightning which gets it's power from a wonderfully reliable supercharger...also if the silverado ss is to be produced and will be avalible in a single cab I'd give it the edge is speed over the srt-10 due to the fact that they weigh the same now it would be a whole lot lighter in a single cab form....oh and the hood scoop and the hemi badged are way too tacky they pushed the styling limits with that.........oh and for all you truck guy you better pray that BMW or Mercedes don't come out with a pick-up or all thoose trucks are toast....after all take a look at the ML55 or the awsome 700 hp X5 lemans concept

12. too far with the HOOD SCOOP!!! you gotta be crazy, it is awesome, especailly since it actually works.

13. 1st off ur n idiot for liking ford, second off wut the #$%# r u talking about it putting strain on the engine, ur such a dumbass, the dodge has tones more power without the supercharger, every person i hav ever known that was a big enuff dumbshit to buy a frod regretted, i would rather drive one of those mini cars the a ford

14. Hey 94Stang or whatever you name is. HOW MANY VIPERS HAVE BLOWN UP ENGINES????? Not very many that I have heard of. And this truck will have the same engine in it. I think a V10 is a much more reliable way to make power compared to a wimpy Ford V8 with a supercharger. You must either be retarded, or just a Ford fanatic, because you really have it in your mind that engines with SUPERCHARGERS have less strain put on them than normally aspirated engines. Have you ever heard of detonation? Good luck with your Lightning as this highly stressed naturally aspirated Viper engine smokes your Ford loving ass.

15. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from bmwmpower24</i>
    <b>are u kidding, u cant be this stupid. the dodge would murder the s-10. the s-10 has a regular blazer engine in it. the s10 is all looks no go. worked at bill kay chevy i know.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->The Xtreme package is strictly an appearance option.<!-- Signature -->

16. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from smarterthanu</i>
    <b>Hey 94Stang or whatever you name is. HOW MANY VIPERS HAVE BLOWN UP ENGINES????? Not very many that I have heard of. And this truck will have the same engine in it. I think a V10 is a much more reliable way to make power compared to a wimpy Ford V8 with a supercharger. You must either be retarded, or just a Ford fanatic, because you really have it in your mind that engines with SUPERCHARGERS have less strain put on them than normally aspirated engines. Have you ever heard of detonation? Good luck with your Lightning as this highly stressed naturally aspirated Viper engine smokes your Ford loving ass.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

if he's a ford fanatic he's a retard

dodge is the best<!-- Signature -->

17. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from probsty</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from smarterthanu</i>
    <b>Hey 94Stang or whatever you name is. HOW MANY VIPERS HAVE BLOWN UP ENGINES????? Not very many that I have heard of. And this truck will have the same engine in it. I think a V10 is a much more reliable way to make power compared to a wimpy Ford V8 with a supercharger. You must either be retarded, or just a Ford fanatic, because you really have it in your mind that engines with SUPERCHARGERS have less strain put on them than normally aspirated engines. Have you ever heard of detonation? Good luck with your Lightning as this highly stressed naturally aspirated Viper engine smokes your Ford loving ass.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

if he's a ford fanatic he's a retard

dodge is the best</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

No $h!t, that's all Ford can do, rely on a Freaking supercharger. Same with all the Cobra's and other Ford p.o.s. Put a supercharger on this b!t(h and see what happens, and how many Vipers have you heard of that blew there engine while roasting another car? Mopar or no Car, Long live Dodge!

18. Second gear eh, Wow how fast were you going? 15mph, 20mph

Check your own IQ if you own an S-10. Less truck, Less power, Less room, lower towing capacity, Slower. It does cost more so that balances things out I suppose.

My brand new when purchased 2000 4.7L V8 5spd Club Cab sport$22865 CDN
    2003 Extreme 4.3L V6 with dicky little racing stripes $30475 CDN similar options

The Ford Ranger Splash has a 210 hp V-6 running mid 15 sec E/Ts Xtreme boy, the S-10 extreme can't compete with that.

My 4.7L 5spd V8 Dakota had 235 hp, 295 TQ, on paper before I modified it.I've read several stock Dyno sheets for 4.7L putting out 210 HP and 265 TQ at the wheels. With a 15% drivline loss that meens 240hp 300 TQ Plus at flywheel.

Sure some modified extremes could pull Dakotas, but that proves nothing. Look at that video of the Civic beating a Viper. doesn't mean all Civics are faster, just means someone was retarded enough to drop that much money in a pos. Same idea.

Extremes are not Fast.

Nice SRT/10, no truck mentioned above is faster than it (or any other truck in existence).

19. From what I heard, the Dodge Red wagon was very fast..

20. The S-10 is a total piece of shit. Good thing theyre nixing it after this year and replacing it with the colorado.

21. It appears every one forgot about the Fastest truck the GMC Syclone.

22. Hi all,

First, There are some people that just don't know what and SRT-10 from dodge Really means. Callng people Dumb, Stupid, and retarded does nothing more then stroke your own ego. If you want to be seen as credible, use other mean to get your point across. Thanks

Dodge SRT-10 is going to be a bad ass truck. Viper power in a 1500 truck. Ooooo i can just see it now, but its going to be plagued with the same problem every other PICKUP truck: TRACTION. With the lack of much weight over the drive tires, if the SRT-10 doesn't reduce those rear rubers into a puddle of Goooo then its going to be putting up some good times...

The GMC syclone, while fast in its own right will have a hard time comparing to the big V-10 in the RAM.

TD

23. the S-10, because it is EXTREME!!!

24. The Syclone can do something the Lightning and SRT-10 Can't;Turn.

25. your stupid, shut up, never talk again, eat shit and die, i hate you, die