Re: Real performances

Discussion in '1987 Porsche 959 Sport' started by Jmac, Aug 9, 2002.

1. One of my 2 favourite cars. All hail the FLAT 6.

Porsche. There is no substitute.

2. My favorite car in the world. The best car that Porsche ever produced. I think that that 0-60 time must be slightly exaggerated but even still this is an outstanding performer. The newer porsches are getting too big and fat looking. This car is lower and looks better than any of its siblings. The '97 911 Turbo S is also an amazing car, bu t I like this better.

ALL HAIL THE INLINE-6!!!<!-- Signature -->

3. all hail the inline 6?....the 959 is a flat 6, and the 0-60 time is bang on, 450hp + 1350kg + 4WD = 0-60 3.7

4. Actually, this car is faster than what this site says. R&T tested one of these bad boys at VW's Ehra-Lessien track a long time ago, along with the AMG Hammer, Isdera Imperator 108i, Ferrari 288 GTO, Ferrari Testarossa, Koenig/RS, and Ruf Twin Turbo.

Hard, documented stats for the 959 Sport:
    0-60: 3.6
    0-100: 8.2
    1/4 mi: 11.9 @ 119.5
    Top speed: 198

5. One of my 2 favourite cars. All hail the FLAT 6.

Porsche. There is no substitute.

6. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Thugz</i>
    <b>One of my 2 favourite cars. All hail the FLAT 6.

Porsche. There is no substitute.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

What's your other fav? This is by far my favorite Porsche, and it will always have a spot in my dream garage. No other car is as versatile while maintaining uncompromising performance as the 959, and the sport version is just 100kg better.<!-- Signature -->

7. This is the best car ever made for its time period...not to mention it still kicks the shit out of newer supercars. The only car it could even be compared to as far as styling, performace (kind of) and collectability was the 288 GTO...man, to own those two beasts...

8. This vs. the 2003 Dodge Viper SRT/10. Which would you pick?

9. Deffinetily Porsche. All those dang manufacturers trying to outbeat porsche, HA! I laugh! Especially how they try to beat it out with their NEWEST models!! And still lose, for that plain fact,
    I pick Porsche any day, no wait, any 11 seconds!

10. I'd pick the Porsche. Yay so the SRT/10 got more power, and goes fast, but with this you could use it in any conditions, and beat a viper pretty easy off the line until the speed limit (if you care, which some nice officers have made me). Also, Porsche is just a million times better company than Dodge.

Basstrombone

11. Paul Frere says the it was the best car he ever drove.

12. This and please don't compare dodge with Porsche,you just can't do it
    ,it's like comparing with Iron with gold.Compare dodge with mustang or something,lol.

13. yeah please don't compare the viper to this classic beauty i've seen this comparison like 3 times so please stop.

14. As for which I'd pick, I saw on DuPontRegistry.net one of these for sale low mileage for $400,000. More than $80,000 by a lot, and it's worth it.

15. i think porsche is the best car ever