Re: Roush 3 v.s. Saleen supecharged

Discussion in '2001 Roush Mustang Stage 3' started by skyline gtr 33, Aug 9, 2002.

1. Roush 3 v.s. Saleen supecharged

gimme your guys opinion...I personally would go for the saleen.

2. depends on which saleen,

the s351, the s281, s281e?

3. no chance the saleen would kill<!-- Signature -->

4. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from MADDOG</i>
    <b>no chance the saleen would kill</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->the saleen would win<!-- Signature -->

5. dude the roush stage 3 would beat the s281 but it didnt beat the s281e or it wouldnt beat the s351. the s351 is a bad ass car

6. In one of the latest Mustang Mags, they pitted the Roush Stage 3 vs the Saleen S281.

You can't compare the S281e or the s351 against the Roush 3 because they aren't even close to the same price braket, and use totally different setups (s281e uses a Forged bottom end and the S351 is a Windsor 5.8 Liter).

In the 1/4 mile they were both close with the Roush beating the S281 by about a a couple tenths, which is easy to argue driver error, shift slightly slower, launch not perfectly and there goes your few tenths.

As far as handling they were equal. Looks department is totally your own opinion, I kinda like the Roushs understated look, while the Saleen has a pretty radical front end.

I don't really like the Saleen as much because I've seen about 10 knock offs running around here and haven't even seen a real or fake Roush.

I have a 1999 Mustang GT, after Ford voided my warranty for racing and blowing two 4.6 liter engines within 16000 kms, I've switched to a 317 Stroker. Much better.

7. They had a race at the 1/4 and the Saleen lost!

8. No way! The Saleen S351 supercharged would kill a stage 3 easily.

9. It dosen't matter which one The Corvette Kicks both their asses!<!-- Signature -->

10. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from ldcerq86</i>
    <b>It dosen't matter which one The Corvette Kicks both their asses!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

It doesn't matter since your fiberglass pussy will broke in two or more pieces after the first jump....<!-- Signature -->

11. lol, exactly the corvette is only fast b/c it is made with the compnents of a bad model car

12. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from FordLuver86</i>
    <b>No way! The Saleen S351 supercharged would kill a stage 3 easily.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->
    we are talking about the s281

13. I think ldcerq86 needs to shut his #$%#ing mouth cause a Roush or Saleen could take a Chevy ANY DAY!!

14. s281<!-- Signature -->

15. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Lido Iacocca</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from ldcerq86</i>
    <b>It dosen't matter which one The Corvette Kicks both their asses!</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

It doesn't matter since your fiberglass pussy will broke in two or more pieces after the first jump....</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Hahahaha! Lingenfelter 2002 Vette. 0-60 1.9 sec. Fiberglass. Faster then ANY FORD EVER MADE. BOSS doesn't count. Concept. Plus, that heap of crap broke on the track. Lido, I mean Ricky, you truely are an idiot. <!-- Signature -->

16. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from SSfearSS</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Lido Iacocca</i>
    <b><!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from ldcerq86</i>

It doesn't matter since your fiberglass pussy will broke in two or more pieces after the first jump....</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->Hahahaha! Lingenfelter 2002 Vette. 0-60 1.9 sec. Fiberglass. Faster then ANY FORD EVER MADE. BOSS doesn't count. Concept. Plus, that heap of crap broke on the track. Lido, I mean Ricky, you truely are an idiot. </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

You forget that isn't a chevy. It's a ligenfelter. Anybody can stick in a 427 and twin turbocharge it. And why doesn't the Boss count? Becuase it could beat it? I know what you're going to say, you can buy the ligenfelter. It's not like either of us could buy either car, so who cares if you 'CAN'. Your just using this car as supposed bragging rights, which I can just point you to an ALL Ford naturally aspirated mustang that will beat the ligenfelter.

P.S. You don't think with 165,000$ and Mickey Thompson E.T. Streets 26x11.5-16, Saleen couldn't do the same or better. REALLY. Shutup.<!-- Signature -->

17. #18 DeTRoiTHoTRoDDeR, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Not to favor Chevy or anything but overall the ligenfelter vette would have took the Boss. The Boss has a quicker 0-60 but once thats overwith the Ligenfelter would catch it in the 1/4 mile, as proved it had a 9.2 @150 m.p.h. The Boss ran low ten's which is hard to compensate for almost the whole second Lingenfelter has on SVT. I'm not favoring any company but just stating the facts. The lingefleter Vette smoked the Viper if you wanna see that proof go to www.lingefelter.com, 1/4 mile is where its all at.

18. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from DeTRoiTHoTRoDDeR</i>
    <b>The Boss ran low ten's which is hard to compensate for almost the whole second Lingenfelter has on SVT. I'm not favoring any company but just stating the facts.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

The Boss is a Ford engine, untouched by tuners. The Corvette is tuned by ligenfelter. It's best is 9s with basically slicks. The Boss on street tires had an trap speed of 135-140mph. With slicks that's easy 9s. Despite having a crappy 3-speed tranny [used so the drivers at C&D wouldn't make a mistake], and gearing for 0-60, the Boss mustang would win if they both had slicks. Too bad chevy can't even hire a tuner to beat an old Ford...<!-- Signature -->

19. but the old ford engine was and is one of the best because it is the boss!

20. The S351 was raced againsta a Viper...end result...The viper lost in all catagories verses the Saleen S351. If the Viper lost...how can you say that the corvette would win

21. no it definatly wouldnt. The Saleen S281e and the Roush Stage 3 and the 2000 Cobra R can all kick the C5, and the ZO6's asses. Drag tests arent the only thing that matters, but not according to chevy. thats why the ZO6 and C5 get their asses handed to them on the track where things really matter. 2000 Ford SVT Mustang Cobra R forever.

Flys
    On
    Race
    Days

Super
    Shitty

22. I would go with the Roush just becouse i like it better.

Mustangs kick ass

23. first off for the newer models of saleens there is the S281=285HP (non supercharged)... the 281SC=365 (supercharged)root 2... and the 281E=425(supercharged)root 4 or 5 supercharger... the S351 had 495 horses. saleen has it, plus that racekraft suspension is bad ass, it handles like u wouldnt believe