Re: seleen makes other mustangs look wimpy READ THIS

Discussion in '2000 Ford Saleen Mustang SR' started by 426 Hemistage 8, Aug 9, 2002.

1. maybe he is speaking from the viper henessey 600 tt

2. seleen makes other mustangs look wimpy READ THIS

god loook at this car. it is just so cool. most mustangs dont go much over 130, but this goes 202mph!!!!!!. like the other guy said i really dont like fords, but id sell my soul for one of these. these are amazing!!!! 505 bhp huge!!!!!!. i love it. i wonder what one would cost. please respond if u have an answer, or just give ur opinions on it<!-- Signature -->

3. I think that's the whole point of this car is to make a better stang.....still has nothing on the Cobra R......but this car would run over $100,000 I think....It's damn sweet

4. this thing rules!i still dont like fords.

5. It costs about 150K$<!-- Signature -->

6. I still can't believe this Machine's performance.... 1/4mile: 11.8s at 124mph!! 1.09g on the skidpad!! 0-60 in 4s flat!! Best thing to ever come out of Saleen

7. the looks are great but does any one know if they make a body kit for the 281 to make it look like this amazing thing?<!-- Signature -->

8. One of these bad boys will run you around $158,000 for those of you who are wonering. But if you think about it that isn't to unreasonable, take it a road with lots of curves and i doubt you'd be able to find many cars that could hope to keep up with this one. I mean 1.09 this thing pulls, thats #$%#ing amazing.

9. it is a piece of art...
    but ford still sux<!-- Signature -->

10. These badboyz RUN $75,000. My sister works for a dealer. She gets the inside info, and don't get your hopes up, they make only 75-100 a year. They are obviously very rare. Well I am sure you could get one outside your 75-100 year selection if you special order it or something.<!-- Signature -->

11. #11 TurboMike, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Exact cost is 158,000 plus whatever you want done to the car, you can look it up at www.Saleen.com <!-- Signature -->

12. this pile's not worth 158k

13. all i gotta say is: silly chevy fools, err fans... heh<!-- Signature -->

14. Saleen Should Go To Corvettes... Imagine That..<!-- Signature -->

15. 94stang5L......I don't know what crack your smoking but this thing would kick the shit out of a cobra R...maybe you should use the nice compare feature Supercars has and find out just how bad this thing would hand a Cobra R it's own ass.

LiquidMagmaX.....if u wanna see the best thing ever to come out of Saleen check out the new S7R

Natalia......as far as your little end quote about smoking a viper, the new 2003 Viper is suppose to run a top speed of around 220 (duPont Registry May 2001) which I'm sorry to say is faster than any of your precious Saleen Mustangs....now throw it against an S7R and I would wanna watch.

16. Natalia
    will u marry me?

17. you can't compare this thing to a viper even though its nice the viper will kill this thing. The S7 is so much better

18. Can we expect these sort of numbers from Ford's new GT40, unmodified? You betcha! The 0-60 time will definitely drop. The only way the GT40 will be slower if Ford makes the mistake (as it always does with Mustangs) of making it too heavy.

And whoever said the 2000 Cobra R would smoke this thing was obviously high.

19. As much as I love the Cobra R, it doesn't stand a chance against this car. And i don't think it would be killed against a Viper, i think it would be a good race, either one has a chance. Unless you put the up against topspeed, then the viper would win.

20. I have a Ford Mustang GT Bullit Edition that will do 175mph, but I still think that this Mustang will beat mine. That doesn't mean I don't like it is still a Ford

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Fords Kick ASS~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

21. Re: How can it be so slow

This car is amazing... its faster, quicker, withstands more G's, and breaking than these cars,,,,JAGUAR XJR, DODGE VIPER GTS, PORSCHE 911/TURBO, LOTUS ESPRIT/V-8, CORVETTE, LAMBORGHINI DIABLO , FERRARI 355 , and the Acura NSX... and people say this car sucks... if you dont believe me than go to the saleen website.. this cars is wicked

22. Im not much of a fan of ford, as a matter of fact, i really cant stand any mustang. But if i had the money, i would buy this car in a heart beat. it just looks great (bad ass body kit) and 505 bhp. My hats of too Steve Saleen for getting that much power into the engine way to go!

23. <!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from likezcarz</i>
    <b>94stang5L......I don't know what crack your smoking but this thing would kick the shit out of a cobra R...maybe you should use the nice compare feature Supercars has and find out just how bad this thing would hand a Cobra R it's own ass.

LiquidMagmaX.....if u wanna see the best thing ever to come out of Saleen check out the new S7R

Natalia......as far as your little end quote about smoking a viper, the new 2003 Viper is suppose to run a top speed of around 220 (duPont Registry May 2001) which I'm sorry to say is faster than any of your precious Saleen Mustangs....now throw it against an S7R and I would wanna watch.</b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->

By the time the Viper reaches its top speed, the race will be over and the Victor will be at the finish line, waiting for the Viper to finish up. You must think that top speed is everything. Damn, and to think that you started out ur quote very respectfully and then you go and kill it by saying something like that. So you would actually take a Viper over the SR5 or the S7? Vipers are one of my favorite cars, and have alot of horsepower, but when it comes to handling..Ummm...lets just put it this way, Id give up almost half of that HorsePower and trade it in for more stability in turns better performance, and more Lateral G's.

24. #24 Jmac, Aug 9, 2002
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 25, 2016
    Re: How can it be so slow

<!-- QUOTE --><center><hr width="90%"></center><blockquote><i>Quote from Stang Studd</i>
    <b>This car is amazing... its faster, quicker, withstands more G's, and breaking than these cars,,,,JAGUAR XJR, DODGE VIPER GTS, PORSCHE 911/TURBO, LOTUS ESPRIT/V-8, CORVETTE, LAMBORGHINI DIABLO , FERRARI 355 , and the Acura NSX... and people say this car sucks... if you dont believe me than go to the saleen website.. this cars is wicked
    </b></blockquote><center><hr width="90%"></center><!-- END QUOTE -->911 Turbo (993 as used in comparison at www.saleen.com)
    0-60 = ~4 seconds
    60-0 = ~113 feet w/ new brakes
    1/4 mile = ~12.5 seconds
    Lat. Gs = .92g

Still gets its ass kicked but some of the stats were wrong. Maybe they just had 2 fat guyz test it.

25. Re: How can it be so slow

Shouldn't a $158,000 vehicle come w/ better seats than the stock Mustang GT? I mean, you have to pay an extra 4 grand for good ones.